Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Cage test on thurs, minor setback!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

lofty
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:23 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Cage test on thurs, minor setback! Reply with quote

I know, a car a car, but I am doing my full bike test this year too I hope!

Anyway, I have my car test on thurs, I was quite confident...ish.. but then I got thrown off a horse yesterday and my neck is... well... painful to say the least!

I have got a driving lesson later so fingers crossed I can still do all the proper checks etc... do you think I should tell my examiner on thurs that I fell off a horse and am rather injured?!
I have also done in my right hip...it aches like buggery.. and I landed oh so gracefully and got slightly dragged through some very large bramble bushes... I look like an emo's dream with all the cuts i've got!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:43 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Re: Cage test on thurs, minor setback! Reply with quote

lofty wrote:
I look like an emo's dream with all the cuts i've got!


Laughing
____________________
The BCF's very own Party boy! Though he's getting old and feeling it!
Monkey hanger, Born and bred
My little photo portfolio
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:48 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think there'd be any point telling them you're 'rather injured'. To cancel a test & get a refund you have to tell them 3 working days beforehand. So if the examiner thinks that you're not able to do the test you wouldn't get your money back.

Might as well not tell them and just hope that it goes alright.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:53 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ste said pretty much, just see how it goes, deep heat and nurofen are your friends. Best to get the car test passed and out of the way, then you can forget all about the nonsense procedures, the longer the test gets put off, the easier it is to forget said nonsense.

Still a large proportion of luck involved in passing a driving test until such time as they revise them properly. My driving test for car was awful, and my parallel park was not straight and about 3 foot from the curb. I still think that I passed because I laid the guilt trip on the examiner about this being my only chance, having travelled to Wolverhampton to do it in a week.

Aren't horses ace? Wink
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lofty
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:53 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

We shall see! I think I will tell him anyway, because otherwise he's going to spend the whole time thinking I cut myself severely... my arms and hands are kinda torn!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:59 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be best to just sit in a parked car and try it? If you find you need to call a paramedic then it'd be a no go, otherwise you're set.
____________________
Photos and that
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:59 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mention something briefly about how it happened just so he doesn't think you're some psychotic weirdo, although if he does think you're a psychotic weirdo you might be more likely to pass. Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

lofty
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:00 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha thanks Ste! I am certainly not a psychotic wierdo..... I don't think!

I have got a lesson this eve, so we shall see if im completely useless behind the wheel now or not! Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cigaro
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:03 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you're OK lofty and good luck with the test Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:47 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to dislocate my friends shoulder 2 days before his test last year, his mum told him not to mention it to the examiner incase he deemed him unfit to drive or something along those lines, prehapse worth bareing in mind.

Good luck anyway, my friend said once he started driving he was concentrating so hard on the driving he forgot all about the pain in his shoulder so hopefully its similar for you.

good luck Thumbs Up

c_dug
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:46 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well good luck with whatever you decide, my thinking is that if you're well enough to drive, you're well enough to take a test to drive.

If however, you think you would be better off not driving because you're ill - DON'T go for the test, the examiner won't give you any special treatment at all. You're driving a car which is in actual fact a 'barely guided missile'.... Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lofty
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:29 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just had a lesson and after my neck kind of 'warmed up' I was fine, aches if I twist it too quickly but is not noticeble my driving instructor said, so I just won't tell the examiner and hope for the best! Thankyou for all the good lucks! Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:51 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

My front tyre blew out whilst I was going round a roundabout on the way to my second test. I still did it. I failed, but only because my ankle wouldn't let me use the rear brake. The examiner merely laughed at my determination to continue.

Pyro
____________________
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lofty
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:47 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passed! 7 minors... had a really grumpy examiner!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cigaro
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:58 - 15 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

lofty wrote:
Passed! 7 minors... had a really grumpy examiner!


Congratulations! Welcome to the world of high insurance, shit fuel consumption, and having to sell your soul at the post office every year to buy a tax disc Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:17 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

lofty wrote:
Passed! 7 minors... had a really grumpy examiner!


Brilliant news, well done.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The999Kid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:15 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to laugh at the stupidity of my examiner! by the name of Scott Banks, works at the grantham test.

At the test centre he said something along the lines of

Scott Banks wrote:
You need to get it out of your head that when you think you have made a mistake, you will speed! i mean take the hill for example, you know you incurred a fault for moving away infront of the van... and bam straight upto 35 in a 30 zone! anyway with that said, congratulations, you've passed!


Retrain methinks?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 144 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.20 Sec - Server Load: 0.89 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 93.61 Kb