Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Passing out and crashing yer bike afterwards......

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Did you ....
pass your A2 test and then crash a 400cc - 1000cc within one year ?
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
pass your DAS test and then crash a 350cc - 600cc within one year ?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
pass your DAS test and then crash a 601cc - 900cc within one year ?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
pass your DAS test and then crash a 901cc - 1200cc within one year ?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Never crashed within a year after doing A2 test.
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Never crashed within a year after doing DAS test.
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 23

Author Message
Ian (GPX) This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:23 - 27 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The ones to worry about would need a Ouji board to put their experience on this poll.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:35 - 27 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't you do A2 restrcited license Ian?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser



Joined: 20 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:38 - 27 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed my A2 and crashed a 55hp 250 within a year, which one do I select? Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

M1ke
Ped Boi



Joined: 11 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:39 - 27 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welsh so vote doesn't count Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ian (GPX)
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 05 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:40 - 27 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

maurice wrote:
I passed my A2 and crashed a 55hp 250 within a year, which one do I select? Razz


You pick the 1st option in the list Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser



Joined: 20 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:41 - 27 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get more votes (and more representation) than the English, bitch Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ian (GPX)
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 05 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:41 - 27 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Didn't you do A2 restrcited license Ian?


Yes Ste, I did and bike is still 33bhp, washers are still in unlike some I know...... Twisted Evil
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JimboJ
Manc Pikey



Joined: 23 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:42 - 27 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put didn't crash A2 in first year because I believe that this is trying to establish fault claims, I did have a crash after 3 months but it wasn't my fault so that doesn't count surely?

This is a bit of a pointless war really isn't it? I think that it is just down to luck (Except pushing your bike to hard or other circumstances) whether or not you crash the bike? All sorts of statistics can be thrown in and it doesn't make a difference.

One of the riders who we went round with rode like an idiot 24/7 whenever he could do something stupid or idiotic he would, speeding all the time on his bike. He died in a fatal accident at the age of 33, no surprise there really only he died in his car at 30mph, he was crushed my a lorry going straight on at a junction. Just an example that it's down to just bad luck if anything whether or not you crash?

James
____________________
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:42 - 27 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ermm, like I told you before. I only said I took them out cos everyone else says that.

And I don't know if it was 160mph I was doing when I overtook bendy, as I'd had a bit to drink and smoke so couldn't really see the speedo that well.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:47 - 27 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Well, to go with this I will list my "crashes" against experience.

6 months on a bike, crashed on a corner. 100% my fault. Going slowly and not concentrating sufficiently, changed down going into the bend and was left with the clutch pulled while leaning over. I could have got round, but I didn't due to inexperience.
10 months on a bike. Hit by a car on a roundabout. Other vehicles fault. Might have been avoidable with more experience, but unlikely.
2 years on a bike, 3 months after my test. Came off at low speed on a T junction. My fault for playing silly buggers.
2 years and 6 months on a bike, 6 months after my test. Came off on an unmade road. My fault for being on that road, but I doubt anyone would have managed to stay on in the same situation. Also despite being at very low speed it was also probably the most painful "off".
6 years on a bike, 4 years after my test. Came off on a pot hole in snow (could not see the pot hole). One of those things! I had got to the main road and found the snow was still thick so had turned round to go home instead of going in to work.
14 years on a bike, 12 years after my test. Came off on mud left on the road by a farmer. Only options to avoid the mud were to take a long detour or to ride round a gentle right hand bend on the wrong side of the road.

So, of all those only one is 100% not my fault, and even that could possibly have been avoided by me with more experience.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:51 - 27 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimboJ wrote:
I put didn't crash A2 in first year because I believe that this is trying to establish fault claims, I did have a crash after 3 months but it wasn't my fault so that doesn't count surely?


Personally I would say it does count. The chances are that although it was not your fault, with more experience you would probably not have been caught out in the same way now.

You can be dead right, but just as dead as if you were dead wrong.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 229 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.62 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 79.82 Kb