Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Only in Ireland...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Shamrock
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:04 - 21 Feb 2002    Post subject: Only in Ireland... Reply with quote

You guys in Britain dont know how easy you have it when it comes to insurance! Listen to this; a 16-18 yr old, living in Dublin with a provisional licence, will pay £4,623 on an NSR 125!!!! And if thats not insane enough for you, another bike in that same insurance group is a 650cc Deauville. What are the insurance companies thinking putting a 125 and 650 on the same insurance level. Only in Ireland would they get away with it!
A confused, Confused
Shamrock.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:01 - 21 Feb 2002    Post subject: Only in Ireland... Reply with quote

I would expect they're in the same insurance group here (nu7). The Honda is quite high risk because it's generally ridden by learners, quite likley to be nicked by kids and is seen as 'sporty'. On the other hand the Deauville is generally ridden by older more sedate riders, not that lilkley to be nicked (or so I'd have thought) and is seen as boring.
It's quite annoying because my old semi-restricted NSR125F is also in the same insurance group, even though it's about the same power as an NS (NU4/5, I forget), and probably a load less likley to get nicked.

rjuch
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 21 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 4500 insurance for an nsr 16 - 18 is TPO ... so theft isent even covered :\
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:20 - 21 Feb 2002    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Am I right in saying that the mito (and planet for that matter) is NU4 while the nsr is NU7?
If so........WTF!!!!!!
Insurance companies dont seem to have many bikers among them....

laters

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:04 - 21 Feb 2002    Post subject: insurance Reply with quote

nsr is NU7

mito is NU7

RS is NU7

PostPosted: 19:58 - 22 Feb 2002    Post subject: insurance Reply with quote

it doesnt matter if the bike is on full power, all insurances companies quote on full power. I GOT INSURANCE FOR £450.00 FULLY COMP, im nearly 19, 2 years bonus , full linance for a year and 3 monts living in a low risk area. The only reson i went comp was because i can ride i bike which is not owned to me. So MY PLAN is to get a cbr 6 or bigger , and restrict it to november. then i can have full power , my da will tax, insure , and own it though the books.
You must be logged in to rate posts

batman
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 02:23 - 25 Feb 2002    Post subject: insurance Reply with quote

it is fun isnt it here?
i have an rs which i will struggle to insure next year
i got it in group4 now its 7, bollox
its pathetic u cant get a 400 till your about 25 in dublin, an nsr/rs 125 is brilliant for a 21 year old here
by the way shamrock, i have 3 mates with nsr125's, one with a fzr250, one with a virago, one with an ns1 and i have na rs125
wanna meet up for a bit of a drive someday that the poxy weather clears

rjuch
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 25 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an nsr aswell batman, probably erm I mean I will be selling it in august ish when my insurance runs out.... I hope I cant sell it easily .... what do you guys reccon an nsr 125 is worth, excellent condition, 3000km on the clock so far ... ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:21 - 25 Feb 2002    Post subject: rip Reply with quote

what a rip off! i am paying £350 FC

Shamrock
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:38 - 25 Feb 2002    Post subject: Bike meet Reply with quote

Sure batman I'd be up for that. Hopefully the weather will improve soon after all the shite we've had. Ive an NS 1 and live in Sutton by the way.
Shamrock.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

batman
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 02:57 - 27 Feb 2002    Post subject: ya Reply with quote

i live in artane, quite close and do be out that way a bit!
so if u wanna go for a drive it wont be a prob
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 107 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1