|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Polo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Polo World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Sep 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:04 - 28 Jun 2008 Post subject: Should I be concerned? |
 |
|
I am at the tail end of ear problems (reoccurant ear infections) and have had grommets inserted.
Part of the pre-op check ups involved a MRI on my noggin to ensure there was no other causes of them (about 9 months ago). I was advised that it was clear and was basically suffering from glue ear and was not draining - hence the grommets.
The follow up appointment after surgery showed all was well and they do not want to see me for a year (this was April so go back April 2009).
Now out of the blue I get an appointment through confirming I have a neurology appointment in a few weeks time? I have never suffered from nervous disorders nor has a doctor eluded that my ear issued could be caused by this.
The missus reckons this has been done in error. I suppose it is possible but my mind thinks back to the MRI I had done.
Any thoughts? I suppose I am just your average male now wondering how big the brain tumour is that they have found?
 ____________________ My mum smells your fingers |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fisty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fisty Super Spammer

Joined: 11 Apr 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Polo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Polo World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Sep 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:52 - 28 Jun 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah I will do but as the law of sods would dictate - I get the letter Saturday morning and the appointment line is not manned until Monday.
I guess I am just asking if 'appointments in error' happen? ____________________ My mum smells your fingers |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| plugger147 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 plugger147 World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Mar 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:21 - 28 Jun 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Have you had any deafness or dizziness, headaches? I'd be worried it's probably the size of a golf ball.
Seriously though it was ages ago you had the mri and your appointment is not for a few weeks so if there is anything it's quite small. Don't worry about it having a tumour in there doesn't mean your gonna keel over any minute, lots of people have led full and long lives with them. I've done a fair bit of research on acoustic neuroma's and been through the affects, if you really are worried drop me a pm. ____________________ Tristan the wrote: just whipped off my trousers to find a big bruise on my arse, caused by matt rear ending me... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| benc |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 benc Scooby Slapper
Joined: 16 Jul 2005 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Polo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Polo World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Sep 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 08:56 - 29 Jun 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I will ring the hospital in the morning. If the appointments people can't offer an explanation then I will see if I can get to speak to the Doctors P.A or something.
I'll report back.
 ____________________ My mum smells your fingers |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| plugger147 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 plugger147 World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Mar 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:47 - 02 Jul 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
well what did they say then?  ____________________ Tristan the wrote: just whipped off my trousers to find a big bruise on my arse, caused by matt rear ending me... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Polo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Polo World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Sep 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:02 - 12 Jul 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sorry, haven't really got much further on this.
Appointments confirmed it is me they want and the request that I go to neurology was requested by E.N.T.
Neurology would not tell me anything.
I emailed the patient liaison service and they were brilliant. The same day they had managed to get a consultant ENT doctor to ring me.
Basically, as it stands, they noted 'some changes' on my MRI. She could not say why it had only just been noted some 9 months after I was told it was fine and nor could they say what their concern was, as 'they know ears, noses and throats. Not brains'.
She said it was poor showing to not advise me what was going on and it was indeed unfair that I wait until September to find out what in all probability 'is something very normal'.
She has made me an appointment for 30th July to go and see her. She will give my lugs a check to see how they are and endevour to find out what neurology have to say.
I will report back after 30th.  ____________________ My mum smells your fingers |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Polo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Polo World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Sep 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:51 - 01 Aug 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Went and saw the ENT doctor.
She showed me the MRI scan and what it was they were looking at. There are 2 or 3 very small (2-3mm) white circles in different areas of my noggin.
They are confident they are not tumours but are unsure what they relate to. She said in all probability they are nothing but it is for Neurology to decide. She did however slip in a 'it could be the infancy of M.S or something like that, we just dont know'. The fact Neurology are not seeing me until 29th September also bodes well as the are in no hurry.
I feel a lot better about it.  ____________________ My mum smells your fingers |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| plugger147 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 plugger147 World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Mar 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:40 - 07 Aug 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cool, glad your chilling out about it now. Probably a bit of dust on the lens . ____________________ Tristan the wrote: just whipped off my trousers to find a big bruise on my arse, caused by matt rear ending me... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 18 years, 60 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|