Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


No tobacco drug taking dilemma

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:46 - 24 Jul 2008    Post subject: No tobacco drug taking dilemma Reply with quote

Come on then.

What can I use to make up a joint with which doesn't have nicotine in it?

I stopped smoking 8 months ago and I REALLY want a fag. I'm going to find myself in a social situation where I'll also want a joint. I've invested too much time and effort to start smoking tobacco again.

So, what can I use which has no nicotine that doesn't taste absolutely rank? Any of those mixes any good?

Of course, if this country didn't have such fucked up drug laws, I could have a J made out of pure, middling to low quality leaf. Trouble is, it's either bud or block over here. A pipe gets me too far, too quick.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Grendel
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 31 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:12 - 25 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try these:

https://www.honeyrose.co.uk/prod.html

https://www.natures-world.co.uk/shop.php?category_id=3

No idea what there like Confused
____________________
Past bike: 2004 Hyosung Comet
Current bike: 1993 Honda Transalp
Transalp Page: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=11418462079
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MaybeGuy
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:19 - 25 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blunts? Twisted Evil
____________________
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:27 - 25 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:
Blunts? Twisted Evil


So, what are blunts made of?
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Grendel
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 31 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:30 - 25 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
mattsprattuk wrote:
Blunts? Twisted Evil


So, what are blunts made of?


Posibly these:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blunt_(cigar)
____________________
Past bike: 2004 Hyosung Comet
Current bike: 1993 Honda Transalp
Transalp Page: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=11418462079
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:07 - 25 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blunt option is a good one, though they can be impossible if the weed isnt totally dry. Smoking them in a bong allways helps your throat.

Some of the legal smoking stuff from head shops is alright for backy substitue. Weak salvia, henna, various herbal high's and even mushrooms have been tested as a substitue by myself. They are all half decent though the mushrooms did taste like a WW1 soldiers trenchfoot infested socks.

I've heard that roasting backy in an oven kills the nicotine allowing for use in a joint.

Failing that, just make a pipe out of tin foil Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:01 - 25 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also interested in this - I'm off to Amsterdam next month and apparently the no tobacco in coffee shops is strictly enforced.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:00 - 25 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can avoid the need to smoke, then just have a nice cake.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mistergixer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:10 - 25 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine is deeply paranoid about the effect that smoking tobacco in spliffs may have on his lungs, so he usually uses the various different mixes.
(I believe that these are no better or worse, it is the inhalation of hot smoke that damages the lungs, regardless of the content of that smoke)
All of them taste absolutely rancid - they seem to vary from sickly sweet to sour and bitter, dependant on blend.
I would go for the blunt option - although, you would (obviously) be smoking some tobacco. My local shop stock individually wrapped blunt papers (essentially just a cigar leaf) with various different flavours - i go for a honey tasting one.
Blunts are great, if you make a nice fat one with some decent weed in it you can keep it on the go for ages - light it, have a few tokes, let it die, relight it, have a few more tokes etc
I think i might stop by the shop on my way home this evening and treat myself to one, as i have just got hold of some offensively strong skunk.
Thumbs Up
____________________
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:17 - 25 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
I'm also interested in this - I'm off to Amsterdam next month and apparently the no tobacco in coffee shops is strictly enforced.


It's not a problem, the law simply states that tabacco cannot be smoked in the same room as members of staff are working in. This means blunts only at the bar, and a seperate smoking room for joints. It's hitting some places harder than others as some are already set up like that, others have an allready bizzare layout to get around the no spliff and alcohol rule.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:01 - 25 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blunts ARE tobacco. The outside of a cigar is tobacco leaf.

I'm not overly concerned about the lung damage done by an odd joint. I'm more concerned about my recently overcome nicotine addiction being triggered which would lead to me smoking 20 a day again.

Tobacco in joints is how I started smoking in the first place.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:36 - 25 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Keith.
Stick to cakes Wink

... or scones or muffins: cheese and herb, very good Wink Wink
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suitor_Stu
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 19 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:08 - 25 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something which I found helped (at least in the earlier days when I stopped - had the very same situation as you, that I really didn't want to flick the Nicky switch back again) was to smoke through a hookah (shisha/hubbly-bubbly/whatever you call it) - I was introduced to it through some of the asian guys in my class.

Only drawback is the flavour really. Depending on what reports you read, the nic content of the smoke is either much less or much more than normal tobacco, but I found that because it was being smoked through a pipe, was cooler and had a bit of flavour to it was much easier to dissociate from normal tobacco (if you see what I am getting at). It certainly helped me anyway. The fact that it doesn't burn the funk much (or at all depending on how you set it up) I find leads to it being a much more mellow affair in the first place, and one bowl can last close to an hour and do several people - again, another bonus!

Anyway, I'd suggest you give that a try if you haven't already - a local Halal food shop usually have them to buy (with tobacco) for around 25-30 all in, so it's no great loss if you think it's pish (well apart from you maybe starting smoking again, which wouldn't be too welcome I'd imagine...)

Cheers, Stu
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Moonie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:57 - 25 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

He meant blunts as in pure weed joints. They're pretty good but don't plan on doing much. The only alternative I can think of is either smoking herbs which all taste rank, so I wouldn't share with anyone, or start brewing "herbal" tea and taking in a hip flask with you. Have a couple of practice runs to see how strong you want it.
____________________
Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:53 - 25 Jul 2008    Post subject: Re: No tobacco drug taking dilemma Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
...I REALLY want a fag....

Sorry to be late to the party...
...just read that and had a nasty, nasty image of stinkwheel cruising the gay bars Embarassed Wink
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:57 - 25 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this country, you only get a warning if you are caught with 3 plants or less, so if you want to stay off the evil weed, just grow some of the weed that requires less smoke for a nice effect.

I would have thought a bit of snuff, or nicotine patch would sooth your craving. Rather than needing to toke some smoke of any sort as long as its not tobacco.I wonder what tobacco tea made from snuff would taste like.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mistergixer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:17 - 26 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonie wrote:
He meant blunts as in pure weed joints.


Sorry, but that's incorrect. A blunt is a type of cigar, or a spliff rolled using tobacco leaf instead of a rizla (paper). A pure spliff is a pure spliff, not a blunt.
When i feel like treating myself, I buy these - a quid from my local corner shop. Does need a lot to fill one though, i would generally put at least a gram of weed (preferably skunk) into one blunt paper.
____________________
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Grav
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:08 - 26 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I agree with Keith.
Stick to cakes Wink

... or scones or muffins: cheese and herb, very good Wink Wink


I agree with Keith and Hellkat.

Thumbs Up
____________________
Dark Lord Of Custard

snigger..... Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alabama Blacksnake
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 01 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:59 - 26 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try tea apparently its tastes better that tobacco accouring to my mates dad. Also its proberly not addictive Thumbs Up I think Laughing

Cheers Tom
____________________
Bikes i've owned: mobylette ----- Ts 50er ------ GS 400e ------ CB250n superdream ------r6 ------ bandit 400 ----- 2005 kx 125
Bikes i have:dtr125 field bike that doesnt not seem to die!!! 1992 gsxr 750 Very Happy
trevoriv said: Leathers are like teenage girls, the tighter the better.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:51 - 27 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tea definatly does NOT taste better than tabacco. I'd rather smoke a tramps underpants.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cigaro
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:47 - 27 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Honeyrose' herbal stuff isn't bad. It tastes a bit rank, but at least the consistency is right, so your joint still rolls properly. It's the closest herbal alternative I've found.

Or just have a blunt. Granted it's made with tobacco leaf, but if you roll a fat one it'll last you all night and it's inifinitely nicer than herbal stuff.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:31 - 27 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, just use tobacco. I quit smoking a couple of years back, then smoked some spliffs several months after having no tobacco. Was fine, the mental association was with weed, not tobacco.

The addiction to nicotine is virtually imperceptible - it is your self generated emotions making you 'need' a fag. After 8 months there is no chemical addiction at all.

As for the Amsterdam thing - unless this is a very new law I had no problems in March, skinned up with baccy nee bother.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:45 - 27 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damofo D.O.G. wrote:
As for the Amsterdam thing - unless this is a very new law I had no problems in March, skinned up with baccy nee bother.


July the ban came in unfortunately.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:44 - 27 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

damofo wrote:
As for the Amsterdam thing - unless this is a very new law I had no problems in March, skinned up with baccy nee bother.

1st July it came in.
Joe wrote:
I'm also interested in this - I'm off to Amsterdam next month and apparently the no tobacco in coffee shops is strictly enforced.

I've been doing some research into it, and I believe that it's very much the opposite. Smile

Coffeeshop owners are well aware it's a load of bollocks and isn't enforceable. They don't tell you that you can use baccy, but they also don't tell you that they can't. If they ask you what's in that spliff then you say it's pure. Be a bit subtle when skinning up, if you're using a grinder then just stick the baccy in there, but whatever you do don't go putting filters in the ash tray or go leaving you fags/baccy on the tables. Only use a small amount of baccy cos if there's much then the smoke is a bit of a different colour and the smell is noticeable.

Some places have got seperate areas where people are allowed to smoke baccy and staff do not go in, but basically you're fine using a bit of baccy as long as you're slightly subtle about it and don't admit to it if asked.

After all, how the fuck do you smoke a pure hash joint? Laughing

Or just get started on the pure spliffs if you're on green. Seems to be that for a while they get you coughing when you start smoki9ng them but I reckon in a month or two I'll be happily smoking pure ones without any problems. Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Moonie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:21 - 28 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistergixer wrote:
Moonie wrote:
He meant blunts as in pure weed joints.


Sorry, but that's incorrect. A blunt is a type of cigar, or a spliff rolled using tobacco leaf instead of a rizla (paper). A pure spliff is a pure spliff, not a blunt.
When i feel like treating myself, I buy these - a quid from my local corner shop. Does need a lot to fill one though, i would generally put at least a gram of weed (preferably skunk) into one blunt paper.


Musty be a local diallect then, as here all my mates, and my dad and his mates refer to a blunt as just normal rips with pure weed in. I always found actual blunt wraps a bit pointless really, why not just roll it yourself?
____________________
Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 77 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 5.25 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 137.23 Kb