Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


What to do... (Anyone in the games industry look here)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:26 - 07 Aug 2008    Post subject: What to do... (Anyone in the games industry look here) Reply with quote

Right,


I bought a game Alone in the Dark for my PC, this is published by Atari.
The game requires a key code to work.
My computer experiances issues (RAID Failures x2) this meant reinstalling the game.
According to Atari website I should Revoke my code after every uninstall, I couldn't because I lost everythign when my PC went down.
I got it up and running but the game won't install because the Keycode has been used too many times.
I have relentlessly tried to contact Atari Support (Over 2 weeks) but no joy.

I have tried 3 different phone numbers 2 of which are out of order the other goes to voice mail and says no messages will be answered. I have emailed them several times and nothing I have tried everything I can to speak to someone at Atari but no joy

What can I do?

I feel like I'm banging my head on a brick wall.

On a side note is sending a turd through the mail illegal? I plan to leave my phone number and address I will also explain the sitituation in full and dump in the game case to let them know exactly how I feel.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:26 - 07 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried searching for an (ahem) alternate key-code, if not, I can probably help you.....??

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:32 - 07 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, just download a keygen and you'll have no more problems from stupid anti-piracy tactics.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:15 - 07 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope Alone in the dark has yet to be pirated, it needs to be activated online.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:28 - 07 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it has.

The iND release has been nuked cos the crack was released slightly later (as in a couple of minutes) in a seperate archive rather than as part of the released iso. The crack works fine even if they can't pre or curry properly. Rolling Eyes

You're after Alone.In.The.Dark-iND which can be found in all the usual places and just grab the crack rar file. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Moonie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:44 - 07 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.seriall.com Wink
____________________
Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:40 - 07 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.serials.ws
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:45 - 07 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea, sorry!

Just wondering why you think someone in the games industry would be able to help you better?

Have you tried this form?

https://www.uk.atari.com/index.php?pg=form
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:06 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
No idea, sorry!

Just wondering why you think someone in the games industry would be able to help you better?

Have you tried this form?

https://www.uk.atari.com/index.php?pg=form


Yes, becuase someone in the industry may have a contact at Atari.


I tryed the crack last night and it didn't work, I'll give it another go on a fresh install.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:07 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try emailing em off of that form, that's about all I can find.

They're owned by Infogrames, if that helps.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:30 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
Try emailing em off of that form, that's about all I can find.

They're owned by Infogrames, if that helps.


I'll contact them, then. I have tried that form, twice. I'm ready to spill blood over this I hate being shafted.

Edit: I sent infrogrames a mail with a subtle threat of legal action. "My uncle is a solicitor...."
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:04 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Toby R wrote:
Try emailing em off of that form, that's about all I can find.

They're owned by Infogrames, if that helps.


I'll contact them, then. I have tried that form, twice. I'm ready to spill blood over this I hate being shafted.

Edit: I sent infrogrames a mail with a subtle threat of legal action. "My uncle is a solicitor...."


Do Atari/Infogrames have forums? You're probably best off posting there as most games company forums are community run and if you're outraged enough you will probably attract the attention of a moderator, who can get you help, just be polite!

T
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:46 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have posted on the atari forum got one responce from someone saying they will chase it up, but nothing more since then.

https://forums.eu.atari.com/showthread.php?p=1917178#post1917178
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:22 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd drop into the office at Landmark house in the Hammersmith one way system. Companies generally sort things out pretty quick when you turn up on their doorstep.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:24 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

how ironic that the only way a genuine user can get past the anti-piracy stuff is to use the stuff for a pirated copy
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:14 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
how ironic that the only way a genuine user can get past the anti-piracy stuff is to use the stuff for a pirated copy
To be fair, they did ask him to send the DxDiag!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:56 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
colin1 wrote:
how ironic that the only way a genuine user can get past the anti-piracy stuff is to use the stuff for a pirated copy
To be fair, they did ask him to send the DxDiag!


The reason I didn't is because I was chasing this up at work and I didn't think it relievant I as I had had the game running.

Thanks Sickpup, I'm gonna goggle it to find out where but if you have the address to hand that would be helpful.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

The reason I didn't is because I was chasing this up at work and I didn't think it relievant I as I had had the game running.

Thanks Sickpup, I'm gonna goggle it to find out where but if you have the address to hand that would be helpful.


Good luck matey!

colin1 wrote:
how ironic that the only way a genuine user can get past the anti-piracy stuff is to use the stuff for a pirated copy


Interesting, I wonder who you blame for the fact expensive bottles of spirits now have security lids on?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:04 - 11 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:


Thanks Sickpup, I'm gonna goggle it to find out where but if you have the address to hand that would be helpful.



Clicky, 6th floor iirc.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:37 - 14 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted Laughing


I had one last attempt at emailing them, to which I promtley got a reply.


Any update on this? I so far have received terrible support from you guys and if it is not resolved promptly I will be taking a trip down to your london office (Landmark house) and I guarantee I will not be as polite as I'm being now. I have tried to contact you numerous times via email and phone to get this sort and I still can't play this game. If this isn't sorted am not going to be buying any more Atari games I assure you.


Chris


1 hour later

Good afternoon Chris,



I apologise for the delay in response, please try the following code:-



******* ********** *******



I hope this works for you.



Many thanks



Atari Cs team




Cheers
Guys for the advice Laughing
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 54 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.20 Sec - Server Load: 0.57 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 109.14 Kb