Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Weedkiller for stonechip

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:55 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Weedkiller for stonechip Reply with quote

Right my front garden is white stonechip with no plants except a small earth strip by wall with some tiny conifers. I use it to park one of my cars on yet it's continually getting overgrown with weeds and look awful. I've tried saturating it in Sodium Chlorate weedkiller which killed off remains but they came back within weeks. There's nothing under the stone, just soil.

Any tips on what will stop them for a long time?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:39 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

salt the earth under it, so that nothing can grow there ever again?
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:04 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pull up all the stones and put down some anti weed membrane sheet thingy, should last a few years.

Fair bit of work but if you are that fussed, then its cheaper and less hassle in the long run than buying lots of weedkiller.
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

thegubner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:07 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
Pull up all the stones and put down some anti weed membrane sheet thingy, should last a few years.

Fair bit of work but if you are that fussed, then its cheaper and less hassle in the long run than buying lots of weedkiller.


Just what I was going to say.

They will sprout up round the edges though unless you membrane every bit of the garden, so you will need to still buy weedkiller in all probability. Just a hell of a lot less.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:17 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to go for the not giving a toss approach with my garden, what will be will be, nature takes it course. Much to the displeasure of my neighbours (who technically share the land) who have threatened to hire a gardener Rolling Eyes

I do not wish to have a daily mail, straight edged, middle england type garden, and I doubt I could be arsed even if I did.
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

base
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:35 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

go out and buy some SBK brush wood killer that'll do the job
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:29 - 08 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the ground should've been sheeted before they put the stonechip down which is the problem. The other one is that there's not a very deep layer of stone so I think the matting would show through, plus it's annoying in that every time I drive off it the car throws stone all into the road.

I might just take the stone off, concrete it and then throw the stone ontop of the concrete while it sets Laughing Or may poor loads of epoxy resin over the whole lot. Brushwood killer is selective, I don't want selective, I want total annihilation. I'll look into the cost of matting and more stone.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 56 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.51 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 52.51 Kb