Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Daughter happy with us

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

R1stu
Shrek!



Joined: 12 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:34 - 13 Aug 2008    Post subject: Daughter happy with us Reply with quote

My, 8yr old daughter told the wife and I the other day that she wasn't 100% happy at home.

She told us that her mums girlfirend bullys her and is always upsetting her and that her mum takes her GF side and not listening to her.

She loves staying with us and her little brother, but also dosnt want to miss her friends.

What would you do? I don't want to start a augment with my ex and lose all contact again!
____________________
Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mrs Kickstart
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:58 - 13 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

It may be a case of the grass in greener. if she is spending more time at her mums then it is likley she gets into more bother there and this maybe nothing.

Or it could be a real problem I would watch and listen and not jump into anything

Regards
Charlotte
____________________
Help fight the safety camera partnerships Twisted Evil -- www.pepipoo.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kal
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:55 - 13 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start keeping a diary of what gets said and how it gets said

After a few months sit down with the Ex - just the two of you, or possibly with an independant mediator if you require one and bring to your Exs attention what your daughter is saying.

If it all goes proper pearshaped then your daughter has hit the responsibility threshold and her opinion will be sought by the Court and will be increasingly important in any Courts decision.


Look up your local Families need Fathers group for further advice.
____________________
Kal...
I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It Ya Like To (HOON IT!).

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!



Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:54 - 13 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Kickstart wrote:


It may be a case of the grass in greener. if she is spending more time at her mums then it is likely she gets into more bother there and this maybe nothing.


I agree with what Charlotte has said...

To add to it though.. Children nearly ALWAYS play the parents off against each other. Maybe not to the same extent, but I know I used to, and my parents have been happily married for the past 47-48 years.

My kids started off with the whole 'I don't want to go down Dad's because.....*insert excuse here*... around the age of about 7.

I've been separated from the kids father for nearly 12 years and only recently have Myself and my ex-mother-in-law started talking properly, and it's amazing the things the boys have said about both sides. Now that we are communicating like adults again (as opposed to them & us) we ALL have a better understanding of how well 2 children have played the adults involved with them.

I must point out that it started quite terribly about 3 years ago when I called the grandparents and father because no1 son told me his father had punched him (up until then it was shouts all the time, swears at them, etc. Not nice but nothing MAJOR)
Of course, My calling to say No1 Son had said this caused feathers to be ruffled and quite a few heated phone-calls, but in the end, it was worked out that I wasn't accusing, just trying to get to the bottom of it. From there we have quite a good adult relationship with each other, and if there are any problems from the kids, we call each other to hear the whole story.

Since then, both parties have had the 'they don't feed me, I haven't had any food today' along with some incredible stories that I can't really remember now. Rolling Eyes

MORAL OF THE STORY:
Take note of everything, but try to discuss your concerns with EVERYONE involved, including Grandparents, aunties, uncles etc. As Kal has said, if you HAVE to go through an independent mediator, then do it but please.. try not to over-react as it's possible the child is not telling the whole truth, to BOTH SIDES.
____________________
Funny, I used to hate being spanked as a child!
Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

J0Al1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:18 - 13 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play this one carefully. Kids can bevery manipulative and in split homes will play adults off each other.

I am expecting my son to do it to me soon. You need to find out if its 'playing' or there is a genuine reason. Not easy for you. Perhaps start by subtly asking your daughter questions and see if the answers are consistent.

The diary idea is a good one.

I'd die if my son was miserable in my home and wanted to leave for his father. Which is the main reason I finished with my X. My son repeatedly said he didnt llike im after an angry holiday. Had we not had that holiday I might have put it down to manipulation, I'm sure a part of it still is . . . my boy doesnt get enough of me and wants me to himself.

Try not to encourage her, just stay neutral and asses it as much as possible. Perhaps even point out the nice things about her mother to see if that sways any 'stories'?

Good luck Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

R1stu
Shrek!



Joined: 12 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:36 - 13 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill speak to her mum tomorrow. I have been there a cpl times, when her mums other half has had a go at our daughter, but not sure at what the extent of it is.

Its not her mum, its her mums partner that is the cause of the issue.
____________________
Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Dischord This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.

st3v3
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:15 - 13 Aug 2008    Post subject: Re: Daughter happy with us Reply with quote

Sorry to reply into a thread I cannot give any relevant help with; but I noticed this:
Dischord wrote:
is your ex a lezzer then?

And thought A) what does it matter? and B)...........
R1stu wrote:

She told us that her mums girlfriend bullys her and is always upsetting her and that her mum takes her GF side and not listening to her.
Seemed common sense to me but hey ho.
____________________
Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

5v3d3b0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:55 - 14 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought if my girlfriend ever dumps me I hope she's lesbian. That way I know not only wasn't the problem mine, but hers, but also no other guy is gonna get their cocks sucked by the girl I love!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellobaby
Nova Slayer



Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:46 - 14 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Svedebo wrote:
I always thought if my girlfriend ever dumps me I hope she's lesbian. That way I know not only wasn't the problem mine, but hers, but also no other guy is gonna get their cocks sucked by the girl I love!


You can also have the thought that "was it me who turned her off men all together" which would be a big hit on confidence levels. Smile
____________________
CBT - 10/05/08, Theory 7/05/08
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:55 - 14 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

^That only seems apparent if the next girl he splits up with goes the same way. Wink
____________________
Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

5v3d3b0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:31 - 14 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've considered that option but didn't want to get the man in question into that frame of mind...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 55 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.28 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 77.75 Kb