Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Road pricing going ahead, your rights suppressed!.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:28 - 18 Aug 2008    Post subject: Road pricing going ahead, your rights suppressed!. Reply with quote

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/fairdealfordrivers/2573876/Spy-in-the-sky-paves-way-for-road-pricing.html

precis:

government is putting out contracts to tender for 2010 road pricing *trials* ,

So much for Gordon Brown's I'm against this idea in principle,

standard comments:

Oh and for those who say Zanulabour will be annilated next election don't be so sure..

https://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/money/tax/article4547848.ece?Submitted=true

precis 2:

Ivan Lewis my local low life MP has proposed super super super tax ie back to the days of 98% tax, but the devil is in the detail which means it will more likely to be 55% tax on those who earn more than 50K.....

remember green taxes were supposed to hit gas guzzlers but when it came about managed to hit some very ordinary family cars.

Which is exactly what Robert mugabe did ie steal the wealth of others to 'buy' massive tax cuts for the lower paid while ruining the economy to stay in power at ALL costs...

If Gordon gave people a 50% tax cut* I bet alot of people would vote for him still.

*to hell with the consequences.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

igiyf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:07 - 18 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is one thing i HATE..and i hope to god people don"t accept it.. i for one wont be.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 12:38 - 18 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too busy worrying about your shit command of the English language?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

igiyf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 18 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the fuck are you on about

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:53 - 18 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad_man wrote:
what the fuck are you on about

I think he's trying to say you're allowed to be aware of reality and truth only if you have a perfect command of the English language.

Or to report information thereof.

Meanwhile, inarticulate cretins like bush are allowed to be 'in charge' (puppet-style or otherwise) of the most powerful country on the planet. Laughing

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 12:58 - 18 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was heading more along the lines of "I can't take you seriously if you can't be arsed to write properly" - but you can interpret it as you will.

Not only does he talk shit, he's incapable of presenting it in a readable format.

igiyf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 18 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhh.. i thought slickness would do it.. i went out on the weekend and bought a suit.. does not seem to be making much of a diffence

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 14:24 - 18 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
...some stuff...

Good ploy in diverting the topic.
Quickly learning the art of spin there.
Your masters in the Labour party will be proud.

You are going to be standing in the next general election when it comes around aren't you?
Talent like yours shouldn't be wasted just working for the government, you should be running it

https://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/greatballzofire/thread_direction.gif

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:03 - 18 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well of course they are putting it out to tender...
Brown knows forwell that he won't be in power then either as leader of Labour or the country.

It will then be a case of well too much money has now been spent to back out of the contracts, due to the nice clauses that will have been written in, just in case someone else wants to stop the ripping off of the road users.

So as far as anyone at the time is concerned its a done job and good ol'e GB can point the finger of blame anywhere he likes..... As he know it can't come back to blame him.

Sorry but you cant use the word "principle" in the same sentence where ANY politician is concerned...

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 15:57 - 18 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:
Mister James wrote:
...some stuff...

Good ploy in diverting the topic.
Quickly learning the art of spin there.
Your masters in the Labour party will be proud.

Ewwww.

I wouldn't vote Labour if you paid me. Thankfully the Civil Service remains a staunchly cynical organisation, suiting my personal political bent.

Quote:

You are going to be standing in the next general election when it comes around aren't you?
Talent like yours shouldn't be wasted just working for the government, you should be running it

Wink

Hmmmm, it's worth thinking about - I hear the pension and expense accounts are good.

What Labour wants to test is irrelevant, as it won't be long until they are kicked out of power. Spare me the usual rants about all politicians being the same - the Tories are smart enough to have seen the areas where Labour have lost the sympathy of the voters; car taxes are one such area.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:00 - 18 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could be onto some there...

Labour
Tories
BNP
UKIP
etc etc
or Mister James

Be worth a try I reckon, if nothing else, he couldn't be worse than any of the alternatives. Razz

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 16:53 - 18 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's one vote sewn up!

I'd better start printing some pamphlets or something....

aaronb74
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:51 - 21 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to laugh at the fact that "Chancellor Alistair Darling believes the scheme could be crucial in cutting congestion in the long-term".

I work 31 miles from where I live and have no desire to move house just to be closer to work and further away from my family in friends. As I live in a small seaside town and work in the very outskirts of Glasgow, there is no direct public transport link, without me having to go right into the city centre (through crazy daily traffic jams), then get another bus to close to where I work, then have a 10 minute walk to the office. So now, as well as paying extortionate amounts for petrol, I have to pay extortionate amounts for using the road too?

Some roads could be charged up to £1.30 per mile. So it's realistically possibly that people who travel 10,000 miles a year (a fairly low estimation in my opinion), could potentially be spending more on driving to work/shops/school etc, than they actually earn in a year?

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 12:01 - 21 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
the Tories are smart enough to have seen the areas where Labour have lost the sympathy of the voters; car taxes are one such area.

Not sure they have but currently might well be the best of the bunch. They have spent years trying to out green the other parties and happily alienating voters, and are only just starting to realise this is a bad idea. Hardline green policies only appeal to a tiny minority who wouldn't vote tory anyway, and the slightly more moderate ones will probably be taken in by the lib dems who can come out with rediculous green policies, safe in the knowledge that they will not be in a position to have to carry them out.

All the best

Keith

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:38 - 21 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't be fought on such things anyway , big things are the economy and the economy looks like it is toast watching some of the markets and key indicies it just keeps getting worse and worse, I have already surpassed some of my apocalyptic scenarios.

time to tool meself up methinks.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:21 - 21 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinned peaches are a good weapon, and you can eat them well after the sell by date too.

aaronb74
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:53 - 22 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm....peaches Very Happy

I can't eat anything after the sell by date though - too paranoid but no idea why
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 292 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1