Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CADWELL - 5th April - Organisation Thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2
 View related event: Cadwell Trackday (5 Apr) View previous topic : View next topic  

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 17:45 - 29 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not the squreness so much as the lack of tread and the breaking up. Neutral

Oh yeah - watch out for the new chicane - its a bit of a bitch.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 17:59 - 29 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

McJamweasel wrote:
and didn't need new tyres. Sad

Sure we can cut you some more tread with the angle grinder
Wink .

https://www.alfa-pages.co.uk/TempPicture/MCN%20Spring%202004/col.jpg

https://www.alfa-pages.co.uk/TempPicture/MCN%20Spring%202004/col2.jpg

https://www.alfa-pages.co.uk/TempPicture/MCN%20Spring%202004/ian.jpg

All the best

Keith

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:18 - 29 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need tread on track Wink Razz

And you probably can cut some more tread. Do a quick burnout, then run it on a stand whilst the tyre is hot, dig a groove in with a screw driver Wink

Mr C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:32 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spy

DUCK FEET

Laughing Laughing Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:36 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out last Sunday we say someone with sparky toes sliders on a GSXR600 sticking their feet out in corners for sparks.

Made me angry.

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 09:28 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of duck feet. I have sparkie toe sliders, I guess I have to remove them for Cadwell? They have never touched down though (it would cost £16 to replace them apparently).

Wurth don't give away free knee sliders anymore do they, I am hoping that we still have a (non sparky) pair somewhere, if not I am gonna have to pinch Michelles for the day.

Is there anyhing that we must do to the bikes before a trackday or do the bikes just have to be in a reasonable condition (ie. roadworthy)?

Mr C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:33 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done many track days at Cadwell and have never done anything to the bike at all

they may have changed but the only thing I can imagine is that they may ask you to tape the lights and mirrors, although I have run with mirrors on in the past

best take some leccy tape just in case

Mr C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:34 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

and don't forget your driving license

if the rules under the new owners are the same as the previous

they will not let you on the track without it - I think this is a circuit rule and not the track day organisers

Stew

PostPosted: 10:47 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be removing my mirrors too I think.
Will I need both parts to my drivin licence or will just the card part do?
I feel like a right noob and am getting quite excited about this trackday. Eh?

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 11:53 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take both parts of your licence.

Last time, they asked anyone with sparky toe sliders just to put some tape over them.

They didn't look at anything on your bike or any of your gear last time. Most of the 'you must have this and must do that' is for their protection rather than yours.

Mr C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never been asked for the paper part but it wouldn't hurt to take it

they used to insist on at the very minimum zip together leathers with a full zip but I have seen jacket and trousers gaffa taped together on the track

scrutineering is, as Bendy says, none existent in my experience - I get more scrutineered for drag racing than for track days, and they insist on taping over glass bits

sparky sliders of any description used to be banned at Cadwell and marshalls will black flag you - remember, marshalls work for the circuit not the organiser usually so they will abide by circuit rules and they are very strict after a couple of fatalities up there in recent years

Mr C
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:02 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stew

I have never ridden a circuit without mirrors, most people will tell you to take them off or fold them in - but at the end of the day t's what you feel comfortable with and I like to know when I'm gonna get overtaken

I used to ride in the fast group at Cadwell and with no race experience and plenty of similar numpties out there it was good for me to know when to give way t the fast boys

but it's your call and as I say, most advice is to take em off and concentrate on where you are going

Stew

PostPosted: 12:21 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am only going in the novice group but a few people have mentioned folding the mirrors back and having read to 'concentrate on yourself and the rider in front' I thought it might just be better to remove the mirrors altogether. I may not even take them off or fold them back yet and try the first session with them as normal.

However when I dropped my NC30 the thing that did the most damage was the mirrors bending the fairing stay and smasking the fairing that the mirrors were attched to as they dragged along the ground. So perhaps mirror removal will also be a part of damage limitation (j/k btw I do not intend to crash.). Wink

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 12:31 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left my mirrors on last time, I know the advice is to 'concentrate on what's ahead' but I think that assumes that you're not the slowest thing on the track!

For the first couple of sessions, I *was* the slowest thing on the track and personally prefer to see that there's someone coming up behind me so that I don't get a fright when they just suddenly appear out of nowhere.

Later in the day, I wasn't getting overtaken nearly as much and was paying less attention to what was behind me, settling for just a look on the straight so I could let anyone catching me up get past me and leave me free to concentrate on the next set of corners without someone up my arse, which I find puts me off (you can argue all day that it shouldn't but fact is, it does).

Each to their own I guess.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2