|
|
| Author |
Message |
| nasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nasty Traffic Copper
Joined: 14 Aug 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:34 - 12 Sep 2008 Post subject: Visor Inserts? |
 |
|
Hi,
Not sure if I can get a replacement visor for my lid, it's not an expensive one or one of the more popular makes, Duchinni.
It was an affordable lid at the time when I also had to buy the rest of my gear.
Now I've not had any problems with it until the rain has come, it fogs up fairly quickly when not moving - not good if I want to see where I'm going so I had a look around tinternet to see if there were any replacement/aftermarket visors that would fit with anti-fog capability but can't seem to find any.
Came across a few different visor inserts though, what are they like? Has anyone used these before? Does anyone know what the Progrip light sensitive one are like?
Can't really afford a new lid but have seen some that I like so will probably see if I can get the wife to get me one for xmas but in the mean time I think the best way to go would be with a visor insert.
Thanks ____________________ ZX6R F3 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whosthedaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:36 - 12 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Pinlock.
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nasty Traffic Copper
Joined: 14 Aug 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MinhDinh |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MinhDinh World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:14 - 12 Sep 2008 Post subject: Re: Visor Inserts? |
 |
|
| nasty wrote: | Hi,
Not sure if I can get a replacement visor for my lid, it's not an expensive one or one of the more popular makes, Duchinni.
It was an affordable lid at the time when I also had to buy the rest of my gear.
Now I've not had any problems with it until the rain has come, it fogs up fairly quickly when not moving - not good if I want to see where I'm going  so I had a look around tinternet to see if there were any replacement/aftermarket visors that would fit with anti-fog capability but can't seem to find any.
Came across a few different visor inserts though, what are they like? Has anyone used these before? Does anyone know what the Progrip light sensitive one are like?
Can't really afford a new lid but have seen some that I like so will probably see if I can get the wife to get me one for xmas  but in the mean time I think the best way to go would be with a visor insert.
Thanks |
no idea about an insert for your bike, but have you heard of a hawaain stick? its a red stick that is kinda waxey. you rub and then shine it on your visor. it lasts about 2 or 3 days and does work good for misting. it's also anti glare apparently. ____________________ Hit the G spot.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nasty Traffic Copper
Joined: 14 Aug 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:24 - 13 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sure is I dont do them, Dan will - because I would more then likly crack the visor - I think He has ruined 2 in the past but knows how to do it fully. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nasty Traffic Copper
Joined: 14 Aug 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nasty Traffic Copper
Joined: 14 Aug 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:15 - 16 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sort of changed my mind on the pinlock for now (when I get a new lid I'll get a pinlock ready one), I've just bought a Fog City insert, thought in my wisdom I'd get a light reactive insert as I've been caught by the low sun a few times and it's not too easy to see.
Checked the instructions and all seemed fine apart from it says not suitable for night time use , is this really a problem or not? What's the point in having a permanently fixed insert if you can't use it at night? Crazy! ____________________ ZX6R F3 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whosthedaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ajb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ajb Crazy Courier
Joined: 14 May 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:56 - 16 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
my visor fogs up in the rain at standstill, but i just open it up one notch... then shut it at speed again  ____________________ CBR125R '05 > CB500 '00 > CBR600F '99 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nasty Traffic Copper
Joined: 14 Aug 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:00 - 16 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
The Fog City I got is clear but tints in the sunlight (Hyper Optiks) so I'm ot sure why you shouldn't use it at night???????? I got it cheaper than the RRP that they go for on the net so couldn't really pass it up and it was way cheaper than a new lid with bells and whistles on - you know what I mean.........intergrated sun visor and anti-fog shield etc. Well it's stuck on now so I guess I'll soon find out the crack with it  ____________________ ZX6R F3 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rowey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rowey World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Oct 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nasty Traffic Copper
Joined: 14 Aug 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Disapproving Brit |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Disapproving Brit World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Sep 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:40 - 12 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Jumping in late I know, but I also have a duchinni. I bought some tinted inserts - about a fiver for a pack of two. They seem to work well enough, and have the advantage that you can pop both in for extra darkness.
Downside is, they seem to have scratched very quickly. I think I need a bit of soft fabric to carry my next set in. Normally when I need to take them out, I just pop my jacket off and stick them in with my back armour, along with the A-Z  ____________________ Current Bikes: 1983 Honda VF400FD / 2003 Honda VT750 Shadow
Bike Test Passed 18/03/09, Car Test Passed 14/05/13 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nasty Traffic Copper
Joined: 14 Aug 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 356 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|