 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:06 - 17 Sep 2008 Post subject: Suspension Set-up |
 |
|
Hey everyone.
For once, not a problem post, more of an advice on set up.
I have a '99 zx6r that Im slowing stripping away to a trackbike.
Now, Ive never changed my suspension, and it rides great...or as great as what I can tell.
However, having ridden a few other bikes now, I can see that the zx6rs suspension is a little bit...off for me.
So, two things really.
How (realistically) cheaply, can I a) Refresh my suspension?
and b) Set it up well for my own weight etc? I mean, I know I could pay someone to do this, but i'd like to learn myself.
Are there any decent guides on the internet for suspension setup?
Thanks guys
 ____________________ "Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton." |
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:09 - 17 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
www.marjay.co.uk/setup.pdf  ____________________ British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another. |
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:29 - 17 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Oooooh me likey
Cheers m'dear! Karma given
My work day just got a bit more interesting. Gotta try and read the whole thing covertly. ____________________ "Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton." |
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:38 - 18 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
You could probably get your forks rebuilt and revalved for relatively little money.
A half decent shock will set you back more though, unless you can get a second hand one and then get that rebuilt/revalved. ____________________ My Flickr |
|