 SoND World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:04 - 29 Sep 2008 Post subject: My PC is being a shit. |
 |
|
Recently it has decided to start locking up and being really slow whenever I try to open a program or folder. When it finally opens it will be fine again but might start playing up when I close it or open something else.
In task manager the CPU doesn't seem to settle down, it's constantly jumping between 10% and 40% when I'm not doing anything.
I've ran Spybot and AVG free, updated them first and defragged all my drives but it hasn't helped.
Intel 1.6ghz Dual Core
2gb ram
XP Pro
gForce 8500gt
Help?  ____________________ Go back to bed - You have no rights - "Streetfighters ~ Mainstream motorcycling's crackwhore sister." |
|
 Finglonga World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|
 SoND World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:18 - 29 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ran the malwarebytes and it found 6 things. Looks like it's helped a bit for now, CPU use is down. ____________________ Go back to bed - You have no rights - "Streetfighters ~ Mainstream motorcycling's crackwhore sister." |
|
 rotax81 Nearly there...

Joined: 10 Sep 2008 Karma :   
|
|