Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Westminster parking tickets - I shall not pay

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

currykev
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:32 - 06 Oct 2008    Post subject: Westminster parking tickets - I shall not pay Reply with quote

I've had my 125 parked up for the last month at a cost of £20.00 while on holiday.Today I went to have a look and I had 3 tickets,all while I was away.Passport proof have if needed.
The problem is some a-hole decided to move my bike some 18 inches off of the bay...to park his bike in my space.
How do I go about rejecting these tickets...Formally of course.
I shall not pay!


Last edited by currykev on 16:59 - 07 Oct 2008; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:37 - 06 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go onto their website and contest the tickets.

That's what I done last week after I forgot they started charging for parking and I got slapped with a fine on semley place. B*llocks. Worth a go. Laughing Crying or Very sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:25 - 06 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can appeal and if the appeal gets turned down you can opt to go to a hearing about it, where you present your case to an independent third party for a decision.

If I remember correctly (its been a while since my 20 westminster tickets) if you lose the appeal the fee is at least dropped back to the original ticket value, not the late payment doubling.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

currykev
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:58 - 07 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.
I'll give it a go and post the results.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 1 day ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.66 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 38.33 Kb