Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Hello :-) 125cc Help

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

JAZ1975
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:08 - 12 Oct 2008    Post subject: Hello :-) 125cc Help Reply with quote

I am looking to do my CBT in the near future (again) and am looking at buying a 125cc to ride for the 2 years to get some road sense and learn how to ride properly. I need some help on what bike to buy for my first bike, I have looked at a few but think they are too small for me, I look stupid on them. My wife currently rides a FZ6 and was told by her brother, who also rides a 600, that the Hyosung GT125R is of a similar size to their bikes, of which it is but finding one near me or in my price range in near impossible. I have look at bike trader and ebay and have seen a few but would like some advice on what I should/could get.
Here are few I've looked at:
Idea 125cc 08 LTD EDITION BLACK CAT SKYJET BIKE 125 SPORTS
Idea 125cc Kaisar Sports Bike
Idea Hyosung GT125R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:13 - 12 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of which you have mentioned (apart from the Hyosung) DO NOT BUY is what i would advise as they are Chinese which means they are a potential money pit. Depending on what you want go for something like a Honda Varadero, they seem to be good for taller riders.
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JAZ1975
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:26 - 12 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

rac3r wrote:
All of which you have mentioned (apart from the Hyosung) DO NOT BUY is what i would advise as they are Chinese which means they are a potential money pit. Depending on what you want go for something like a Honda Varadero, they seem to be good for taller riders.


Its not that I am tall 5'8", its just the bikes look small when I sit on them.
I have looked at the YZF, but struggle to find any and the NSR125, but I am no way a bike expert, all these names are what I've picked up over the last couple of weeks I have been looking. I have never been into bikes but being married for 5 years and my wife with her bike I feel I am missing out, especially with her brother having a bike and his partner doing her CBT and starting out like me thought I join in and see what the fuss was all about. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:31 - 12 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely worth joining the biking world Thumbs Up Its best to stick to the known brands like Honda, Yamaha, Aprilia, etc. It depends how much you want to spend and if you don't know much about bikes i would suggest buying a 4 stroke as they require a little less maintenance. Have you tried the good old Honda CG?
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JAZ1975
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:57 - 12 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

rac3r wrote:
Definitely worth joining the biking world Thumbs Up Its best to stick to the known brands like Honda, Yamaha, Aprilia, etc. It depends how much you want to spend and if you don't know much about bikes i would suggest buying a 4 stroke as they require a little less maintenance. Have you tried the good old Honda CG?

I thought it would be best to stick to known brand names, although I have sat on the Hyosung 650 model, which is the same size as the GT125R and it feels good and is te size I'm looking for. I will only have approx £1500 to spend, all depending on what I get for my mini Crying or Very sad
I will look into the CG Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:19 - 12 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid 1500 wont get you a GT125R but it could get you a Hyosung Comet and definitely a Honda CG Thumbs Up
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 358 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.59 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 49.21 Kb