Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Suzuki Marauder

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Asharin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:05 - 12 Oct 2008    Post subject: Suzuki Marauder Reply with quote

Don't laugh, I'm 33 and just getting into biking..sort of, tbh I am just doing so as it's cheaper on fuel Very Happy
I started out with a crappy little peugeot trekker 50 a few months ago, and have quite enjoyed my time on two wheels.
However, I'd like something a little bigger. I don't really want to get anything bigger than a 125 as I have to admit I am a bit of a pansy and going over 60 on two wheels scares the shite out of me anyway!

So I was looking at bikes and saw a few Suzuki marauders, and I do like the look of them, and from what I read online they seem like pretty solid bikes. Anyone here got any comments on them? Good or bad!

Before anyone says, just do your full test and get a bigger bike, I don't really see the point right now as I only want a 125 and I can ride that on a car licence + CBT Razz
____________________
I can't sing: https://laughinginpurgatory.bandcamp.com and https://soundcloud.com/laughing-in-purgatory
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.
2008 Honda Dullsville 700
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Asharin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:12 - 12 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, never mind. I should have just used the forum search, decent answers to my question in replies to others threads. Thanks for the help albeit indirectly Very Happy

Oh and Hi, been lurking a while, registered the other day, just hadn't got around to posting til now Very Happy
____________________
I can't sing: https://laughinginpurgatory.bandcamp.com and https://soundcloud.com/laughing-in-purgatory
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.
2008 Honda Dullsville 700
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

deanoet
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:19 - 12 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forums Thumbs Up
there is the honda shadow as well which is a 125cc cruiser
____________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CBT Passed 18th July 2007 : Previous Bikes> CG125 : Current Bike> Hornet 600 : PASSED DAS 30th Oct 2007
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Asharin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:28 - 12 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

deanoet wrote:
welcome to the forums Thumbs Up
there is the honda shadow as well which is a 125cc cruiser

I had looked at that as well as the yamaha ones. Realistically it'll come down to price in the end. Whichever one I can get for the cheapest which isn't a thrashed old dog will be the one I get haha. As you can tell, I'm not exactly rolling in cash Smile
____________________
I can't sing: https://laughinginpurgatory.bandcamp.com and https://soundcloud.com/laughing-in-purgatory
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.
2008 Honda Dullsville 700
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

deanoet
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:36 - 12 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck on your hunt Smile

if you ask in workshop or here what too look out for on the bikes before you go to view sure people will help

Join up with your local area thread and someone might go with you if you want Smile


have a look on Bike trader if you havent already Thumbs Up
____________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CBT Passed 18th July 2007 : Previous Bikes> CG125 : Current Bike> Hornet 600 : PASSED DAS 30th Oct 2007
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Asharin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:43 - 12 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice Smile I was originally thinking of just getting a 125 scooter, but then I decided nah, let's stop being a big girls blouse and get something with gears. Will be useful should I decide to stick with biking and get something bigger later on.
As for Bike Trader, it was seeing a marauder on there that prompted my post, although I'm not actualy going to replace my Snot green Chav machine til after Xmas.

Why do I call it the snot gereen chav machine?

because it looks like this:
https://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/asmodeanv/img096.jpg
My 2 yr old son is obviously a chav in the making.
____________________
I can't sing: https://laughinginpurgatory.bandcamp.com and https://soundcloud.com/laughing-in-purgatory
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.
2008 Honda Dullsville 700
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

deanoet
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:47 - 12 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was no need to run over the baby shark was there.. Razz
____________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CBT Passed 18th July 2007 : Previous Bikes> CG125 : Current Bike> Hornet 600 : PASSED DAS 30th Oct 2007
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Asharin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:56 - 12 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

deanoet wrote:
there was no need to run over the baby shark was there.. Razz

lol, it was trying to eat the wheels!
____________________
I can't sing: https://laughinginpurgatory.bandcamp.com and https://soundcloud.com/laughing-in-purgatory
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.
2008 Honda Dullsville 700
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

AJI
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:48 - 13 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you've found the advice you needed on the forum, and welcome :tup:

If you're not into high speeds then the 125cc cruisers are perfect because they aren't particularly quick, even compared to other 125s! They're quite heavy bikes so even the more powerful ones (like the Honda Shadow with just under 15bhp) are supposed to struggle along at just over 60mph.

They look pretty good though, and the Suzuki you're interested in is a nice looking bike.
____________________
TARMAC - Automotive blog *UPDATED 26/3/09 - Abandoned fuel stations to go electric? ~ Buy my eBay stuff!
You're gonna go far, kid
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 355 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.18 Sec - Server Load: 0.8 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 63.94 Kb