Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


any decent bike movies....?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

steppen22
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:05 - 27 Oct 2008    Post subject: any decent bike movies....? Reply with quote

Easy Rider
Silly bikes, somewhat tired script, but nice idea for a movie

Wild One
Good bikes, interesting lead character, silly script and fairly unpleasant portrayal of bikers (as morons). Good movie though.

That's me out of ideas.
____________________
no regrets, no retreat, no apology.
I've made mistakes in the past, and I apologise for FUCK ALL.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:08 - 27 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ocqQXG7abRI

Best bike film ever made.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:12 - 27 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biker Boyz is OK right up to the point where they do a 200mph drag race on a dirt road (near the end). And the name is a bit camp. Otherwise it isn't a bad film.

Torque is good until people actually start to speak about five minutes in, and then it goes rapidly downhill until its completely unwatchable. Shame really.

Wild Hogs isn't all that bad either.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:13 - 27 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoid 'hell ride' at all costs FWIW.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:15 - 27 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never tire of watching "On any Sunday" Great film.
https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0vkopfn1gLU&feature=related
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

----
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:17 - 27 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

steppen22 wrote:
any decent bike movies....?



MarJay wrote:
Biker Boyz....torque....


Laughing
____________________
DRZ-400sm
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:00 - 28 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freebird.

Ariel, did you manage to find a full copy of that somewhere? I'm still not convinced it's an actual full length film, I want to believe though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

steppen22
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:18 - 28 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Any Sunday is available on mininova.com

!!!!

https://www.mininova.org/search/?search=on+any+sunday
____________________
no regrets, no retreat, no apology.
I've made mistakes in the past, and I apologise for FUCK ALL.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JakeyR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:35 - 28 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freebirds ace its all about bikes and weed, reminds me of me.

Worlds fastest Indian is also a fookin' minter.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:00 - 28 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeSM50 wrote:
Freebirds ace its all about bikes and weed, reminds me of me.

Worlds fastest Indian is also a fookin' minter.
]

Worlds fastest Indian is probably the only decent bike film I have seen.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bEN_
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:43 - 28 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildhogs just for comedy.

on any sunday is fantastic so is the worlds fastest indian

never watched the ending of bikerboys or torque because they were both epic fails with shit bikes in them.
____________________
2010 Ducati 848 Dark

Lamp Post Enthusiast
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:18 - 28 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver Dream Racer - David Essex in full gyppo mode. Still got the soundtrack on tape, somewhere. Recently bought the DVD, only to find they'd cut the ending to make it a happy one, bastards.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Moonie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:25 - 28 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's that one about Che Guevara where they ride bikes around alot, that's about all I can think of.

And FWIW I reckon Biker Boyz is much worse than Torque. Who the fuck wants to hear Kid Rock talk?
____________________
Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

L-Jam
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:29 - 28 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fell asleep in Biker Boyz its so cliched.. worth watching for the custom bikes though, and trying to guess what they are.

Wild Hogs is funny as fuck Razz
____________________
Journalist, student, egotist.
Click here if you're a young biker, wondering what to do after a moped/125!
Skp 50 --> GS 500 --> CBR600F with custom HRC paint jobby --> GSX-R 750 K7, beautiful!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gmanxiii
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 28 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can stand reading subtitles the Full Throttle is worth a watch. Stars one of the guys from house of flying daggers. Chinese movie about rivalry between fictional hong kong street racers and GP racers on 250 smokers (nsr's etc).

Stream it here

https://www.crunchyroll.com/media-446038/Full-Throttle-Movie-Part-1.html
____________________
I kills hondas

VFR400NC30 > ZZR600 > CBR600FX > CBR1000rr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser



Joined: 20 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:13 - 28 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonie wrote:
There's that one about Che Guevara where they ride bikes around alot, that's about all I can think of.


Yeah "the motorcycle diaries" or something along those lines. Good film, not wholly about bikes/bikers though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

aaronb74
Crazy Courier



Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:55 - 28 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bENN wrote:
Wildhogs just for comedy.


Got to agree with that, class film.

Watched Torque a few months ago, really wasn't impressed.
____________________
Current bike - 2006 ZX6R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:24 - 28 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

maurice wrote:
Moonie wrote:
There's that one about Che Guevara where they ride bikes around alot, that's about all I can think of.


Yeah "the motorcycle diaries" or something along those lines. Good film, not wholly about bikes/bikers though.


I bought the paperback a couple of years back coz it was cheap, but i've never managed to read it. I start reading it, put it down then forget about it for 6 months. Hardly a riveting read.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:14 - 28 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

STONE Trailer.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

plugger147
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:46 - 28 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about cool as ice Laughing :

https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wyDLZ8IbuNs Laughing :

I quite like beyond the law with charlie sheen.

https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kXhHrbdXjyY&feature=related
____________________
Tristan the wrote: just whipped off my trousers to find a big bruise on my arse, caused by matt rear ending me...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JakeyR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:36 - 28 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super cub!

https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jwfmdoHOBCA
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:44 - 31 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
STONE Trailer.


I remember watching that about 25 years ago...
classic! Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Cigaro
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:45 - 31 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan the wrote:
Freebird.

Ariel, did you manage to find a full copy of that somewhere? I'm still not convinced it's an actual full length film, I want to believe though.


I've got a torrent for it, I'll search it out when I get home if you want.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

steppen22
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:47 - 31 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBassJunky wrote:
Tristan the wrote:
Freebird.

Ariel, did you manage to find a full copy of that somewhere? I'm still not convinced it's an actual full length film, I want to believe though.


I've got a torrent for it, I'll search it out when I get home if you want.



No need really. Read whole thread.
____________________
no regrets, no retreat, no apology.
I've made mistakes in the past, and I apologise for FUCK ALL.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

steppen22
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:49 - 31 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBassJunky wrote:
Tristan the wrote:
Freebird.

Ariel, did you manage to find a full copy of that somewhere? I'm still not convinced it's an actual full length film, I want to believe though.


I've got a torrent for it, I'll search it out when I get home if you want.



No need really. Read whole thread.
____________________
no regrets, no retreat, no apology.
I've made mistakes in the past, and I apologise for FUCK ALL.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 340 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.59 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 128.91 Kb