Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


chat seation

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Forum Feedback & Help by G (5 Nov 2008 - 13:52)
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Jai466
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:42 - 05 Nov 2008    Post subject: chat seation Reply with quote

Does anybody use the chat seaction... I been there a few times... its a bit dead...

Any reason why?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:47 - 05 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it work? I haven't seen it working.
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Renton
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:49 - 05 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always says only "2 users" whenever I look at it.

Went on there once and said hello but didn't get a reply so haven't bothered since
____________________
This is my motorcycle. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
Without me, my motorcycle is useless. Without my motorcycle, I am useless.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kal
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:53 - 05 Nov 2008    Post subject: Re: chat seation Reply with quote

Jai466 wrote:
Does anybody use the chat seaction... I been there a few times... its a bit dead...

Any reason why?


It works, its just nobody seems to use it these days...
____________________
Kal...
I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It Ya Like To (HOON IT!).

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jai466
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:58 - 05 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree I say hello once and no1 say hello...

Would you guys consider using it?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:48 - 05 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did stop working for a while and people got out of the habit of using it. It's been working again for a while but there is very rarely more than 2 or 3 people logged in.
____________________
I spend all my money on bikes and beer, the rest I simply waste!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kitty kat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 05 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always shows 2 users Confused
____________________
Enjoy everyday, tell those you love everyday you love them
Life is too short to fall out with people
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:46 - 05 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm in there, but I don't think the 2 users are humans Laughing.
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kal
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:02 - 05 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncrn wrote:
Well I'm in there, but I don't think the 2 users are humans Laughing.


Could still be regular posters on BCF though... Twisted Evil
____________________
Kal...
I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It Ya Like To (HOON IT!).

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:06 - 05 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touché Laughing, DanielSON came in and out while I wasn't looking, so far its been unexciting in the chat room.
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:27 - 05 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It used to be quite active, with maybe 8-10 regulars hanging out in there, but it seems dead now.

I haven't found an Undernet server I can connect to to get back in on IRC, and the web based chat is laggy.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jai466
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:45 - 05 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
It used to be quite active, with maybe 8-10 regulars hanging out in there, but it seems dead now.

I haven't found an Undernet server I can connect to to get back in on IRC, and the web based chat is laggy.


care to share?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LeeR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:05 - 05 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I popped in once about 2 years ago to see what it was about, there were some young women on there chatting about stuff, it all went over my head, never been back. Neutral
____________________
My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:27 - 05 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

People stick their head in, say hello and leave instantly if no-one answers. Folk need to appreciate that sometimes people will be in the room but be idle (doing something else) and that if you want to talk you need to hang around so folk'll see the number of users go up and then consider popping in. When you reach critical mass, chat happens.

The 2 users are the bots that bridge the room to IRC.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:38 - 05 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chat room gets used.

Hang around in there and you'll see...
- Anyone have a copy of the workshop manual I'm looking for?
- Anyone want to buy an NSR/RS/etc?
- How come no one has replied to my thread?
- How come no one ever chats in here?
- Or just questions about push bikes.

If you're lucky then you'll manage to be in the chat room at a time when I've managed to piss off lots of completely unknown people. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:23 - 06 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it I'm leaving the chat window open all day now. Can't say how long it'll take me to reply though. Laughing
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jai466
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:36 - 06 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Ham wrote:
That's it I'm leaving the chat window open all day now. Can't say how long it'll take me to reply though. Laughing


I agree when I'm at that me in... currently at work at the stupid filters are kicking in.

Its best just to leave it open in a separate window (right click "Chat" and select "Open In New Window")

Or maybe they can re design the side and at the chat section on the top of the page small rectangle window.

Would anybody agree?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:42 - 06 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai466 wrote:


Or maybe they can re design the side and at the chat section on the top of the page small rectangle window.

Would anybody agree?


Too much work and not enough people use it to justify that at the moment. With tabbed browsers now I don't think there's a huge need for it. You can just flip between tabs.

No one's come in the chat room yet. Laughing
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jai466
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:48 - 06 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Ham wrote:
Jai466 wrote:


Or maybe they can re design the side and at the chat section on the top of the page small rectangle window.

Would anybody agree?


Too much work and not enough people use it to justify that at the moment. With tabbed browsers now I don't think there's a huge need for it. You can just flip between tabs.

No one's come in the chat room yet. Laughing


ture...

I'm going to try come in... Going to use my Computer Science tech I learnt from 1st and 2nd year of uni to design an algorithm(s)... to go past these filters...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:28 - 06 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
The chat room gets used.

Hang around in there and you'll see...
- Anyone have a copy of the workshop manual I'm looking for?
- Anyone want to buy an NSR/RS/etc?
- How come no one has replied to my thread?
- How come no one ever chats in here?
- Or just questions about push bikes.

If you're lucky then you'll manage to be in the chat room at a time when I've managed to piss off lots of completely unknown people. Laughing


I remember that night. It was rather funny Laughing
____________________
I spend all my money on bikes and beer, the rest I simply waste!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:27 - 06 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai466 wrote:
The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
It used to be quite active, with maybe 8-10 regulars hanging out in there, but it seems dead now.

I haven't found an Undernet server I can connect to to get back in on IRC, and the web based chat is laggy.


care to share?


Share what?
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jai466
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:30 - 06 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

I haven't found an Undernet server I can connect to to get back in on IRC, and the web based chat is lag


Share what?


sorry I read wrong I thought it said you found a undernet server...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:38 - 06 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

First undernet server I tried - elsene.be.eu.undernet.org - works fine.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:43 - 06 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried Diemen.NL.EU.Undernet.Org, seems fine. I think my client was having a special moment.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bootsbiker
Traffic Copper



Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:30 - 31 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread but i do think that it is a shame that no1 goes to the chat room... I like talking about things.. It can be fun sometimes... You can also get something answered quickly as well..
____________________
https://justfuckinggoogleit.com/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 251 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.57 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 129.65 Kb