Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Adrenaline, I wants it

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:56 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Adrenaline, I wants it Reply with quote

Primarily for stand up. I found I always did better at gigs if I was on the verge of shitting myself before going on, adrenaline is an awesome thing like that.

So, other than standing outside across the road and sprinting to across as soon as I hear my name ignoring any traffic that happens to be about, how can I get the adrenaline pumping at will?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

benjami
Nearly there...



Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:03 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danger wanking right before you're due on stage.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:18 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to psyche yourself up like fighters do. Have a little routine that you do before a gig, cos that will get your mind into 'gig state'.

A friend of mine who used to play Ice hockey always used to be the first onto the ice and he'd always kick his hockey stick with his left foot, and then tap the top of his helmet with it. It was weird but it got him into the zone as it were.

You need something like that... like you need to tie and re tie your left shoelace, or wash your hands twice or something. Anything to tell yourself that its a gig and its now.

Sorry I don't think I've helped that much.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:26 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can heckle you before the london gig if you like, or just punch you in the face.

I could tell everyone sitting near me ' you are the best ive ever seen and to expect great things, pressure up baby.
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:27 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Sorry I don't think I've helped that much.


You have however described much better than I did what I need to do. I had a particuarly bad gig t'other day after having ridden down in the rain, arrived late and stood at the back freezing my balls off.

The odd thing is I never once felt nervous, I always know it's going to be a good gig if I find myself sat somewhere with a knot in my stomach, struggling to remember my words and wishing I was somewhere else. I can think of many nights where I've ended up like that but never quite sure how I've ended up like that.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:29 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave2k wrote:
I can heckle you before the london gig if you like, or just punch you in the face.

I could tell everyone sitting near me ' you are the best ive ever seen and to expect great things, pressure up baby.


Laughing

I know there's people coming to watch the London gig so pressure will be there anyway, thus I should at least do ok, there's no need to punch me.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:32 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you need to imagine yourself naked... A bit like imagining the audience naked but much much more nerve inducing...
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:00 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Maybe you need to imagine yourself naked... A bit like imagining the audience naked but much much more nerve inducing...


Why imagine? Just get naked Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Moonie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:36 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punch yourself in the face?

Not joking, it works for me.
____________________
Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:39 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
Why imagine? Just get naked Laughing


Because a gig without an audience wouldn't be much of a success Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The999Kid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:40 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Go to Doctor
Arrow Ask about medication containing Epinephrin
Arrow Go to chemist
Arrow Ask if you can have some medication containing epinephrin
Arrow Buy aforementioned medication
Arrow Enjoy Smile

Failing that, borrow someones Epi-Pen Mr. Green
____________________
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LeeR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:37 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not having my Epi-pen, however I can recommend breaking a bone or two, best adrenaline rush I've ever had. Thumbs Up
____________________
My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:39 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine me naked Wink, or just try remember the last bcf pissup where i got naked.
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plug yourself into your MP3 player, which plays music that really gets you going on the dance-floor. Or stuff that makes your hairs stand on end...that should give you a good buzz...
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TomR6
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:14 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Line of coke Smile
____________________
2005 Yamaha R6
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:25 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

T0M wrote:
Line of coke Smile


You what ?

https://ocaoimh.ie/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/cork.jpg
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

LeeR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:56 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that fella doing it for the craicg?


Huh, see now that's humour. Wink
____________________
My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:58 - 07 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats one selfish line.......

bad dum tishhhhhhhh
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:12 - 08 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
I know there's people coming to watch the London gig so pressure will be there anyway


Ah, yes, but do you know how many ... ?
Laughing

... and of what calibre? Laughing Laughing

That oughta make the little bugger nervous, heh.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:53 - 10 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
... and of what calibre? Laughing Laughing

That oughta make the little bugger nervous, heh.


Why, I'm the highest calibre person I know.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LeeR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:44 - 10 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get out much then do ya? Wink
____________________
My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cigaro
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:52 - 10 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's your answer.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 333 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.54 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 117.8 Kb