Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Getting rid of watermarks

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:17 - 02 Nov 2008    Post subject: Getting rid of watermarks Reply with quote

Hi All,

I need, well, want, to get an image of me off this website that some images are hosted on by a professional photographer and I'm too skint to pay the £5 fee to get the digital file and getting rid of the watermark. So can anyone help me out? Karma loving to th helpful of course Thumbs Up

QB
____________________
wizzzard wrote: Imagine God just stopping by, tidying your front room up and then quietly letting himself out again. Statisticly more likely to happen than Korn being on here.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:21 - 02 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking as a photographer, pay the £5 you cheap git Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jamie S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:37 - 02 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention the fact that it's braking the law.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:55 - 02 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damon, I know the feeling of being ripped off and I'm sure you as well. I apologise, paid the fee now and waiting for it to clear PayPal and be emailed.

Stokes. Untill you can spell kindly fuck off. I liked it when you weren't around.
____________________
wizzzard wrote: Imagine God just stopping by, tidying your front room up and then quietly letting himself out again. Statisticly more likely to happen than Korn being on here.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:01 - 02 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

quacker_boy wrote:
Damon, I know the feeling of being ripped off and I'm sure you as well. I apologise, paid the fee now and waiting for it to clear PayPal and be emailed.


Wink Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:16 - 02 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have purchased photos of myself from pro snappers and even though they cost me £10 a shot the photographer placed restrictions on what I do with them. this I think is unfair, if I want to use there picture as an avatar on here I should pay then £10.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:19 - 02 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that won't be the same for me, I'm planning on using the shot as a new avatar and profile pic on facebook etc Razz

Silver, I could just sense that you looked at your computer screen with disgust so I decided to do the right thing Wink
____________________
wizzzard wrote: Imagine God just stopping by, tidying your front room up and then quietly letting himself out again. Statisticly more likely to happen than Korn being on here.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:45 - 02 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

quacker_boy wrote:
Silver, I could just sense that you looked at your computer screen with disgust so I decided to do the right thing Wink


It happens all the time - so not disgust just disappointment. Last year I even found a British Superbike team that had downloaded some of my shots, photoshopped the watermarks out and used them on their website! Earlier in the year the World Superbike website used five of my pictures without asking Shocked

Even people in the racing industry think that we should spending £10-15k on equipment, stand in the rain for half of the weekends through the summer and then provide the results for free! Rolling Eyes Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Jamie S This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

DEN MONKEY
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:01 - 03 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie stokes wrote:
quacker_boy wrote:


Stokes. Untill you can spell kindly fuck off. I liked it when you weren't around.


Fuck off your self then, I don't give a shit what you think. Thumbs Up


Haha Stokes is back. When did this happen?

Hello there Jimmy boy Very Happy
____________________
meh
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:34 - 03 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since no came crying begging him to come back.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jamie S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:32 - 03 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Ham wrote:
Since no came crying begging him to come back.


Actually it was when I was helping stelmer with his new bike.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:47 - 03 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie stokes wrote:
Not to mention the fact that it's braking the law.


I aint starting here but I hate it when people say "not to mention" then mention it Confused makes no sence.

anyway I hope there isnt a way as most mine are water marked but hate when I find a nice screen saver with a stupid watermark on it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cestrian
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:47 - 03 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quacker_boy, did he place any restrictions on the use of the image before you paid?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tutton
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:48 - 03 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photoshop and the clone brush Thumbs Up Laughing Mr. Green
____________________
Past: '05 Peugeot XPS '99 Aprillia RS125 '94 FZR600R
Current: '02 ZX636 A1P '51 CCM R30
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:45 - 09 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
Quacker_boy, did he place any restrictions on the use of the image before you paid?


Couldn't access the image at all of the website, didn't let you right click on it. Only thing I could do was take a screen shot and post it onto word.

Anyway image came through today, if anyone could make this avatar size they'll receive a karma cookie.

https://img118.imageshack.us/img118/2465/dpml8.jpg
____________________
wizzzard wrote: Imagine God just stopping by, tidying your front room up and then quietly letting himself out again. Statisticly more likely to happen than Korn being on here.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:50 - 09 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You paid a fiver for that?

What's so special about it?

Infact, is that not wee jimmy from 23 glebe street in the west end of Glasgow? Doh!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Burnside
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 29 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:06 - 09 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
23 glebe street in the west end of Glasgow? Doh!


Is that no the Broons?
____________________
I started out with nothing and I still got most of it left.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:08 - 09 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

hollyj wrote:
instigator wrote:
23 glebe street in the west end of Glasgow? Doh!


Is that no the Broons?


I waqs trying to say it could be anyone.

But near enough...Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:09 - 09 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing Insti, I just kinda liked it. And no it's not wee Jimmy from the west end of Glasgow. It's me Laughing
____________________
wizzzard wrote: Imagine God just stopping by, tidying your front room up and then quietly letting himself out again. Statisticly more likely to happen than Korn being on here.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tutton
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 09 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://img353.imageshack.us/img353/2079/dpml8yh0.gif
https://img353.imageshack.us/img353/2079/dpml8yh0.gif

Hope thats alreet.
____________________
Past: '05 Peugeot XPS '99 Aprillia RS125 '94 FZR600R
Current: '02 ZX636 A1P '51 CCM R30
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:24 - 09 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

quacker_boy wrote:
It's me Laughing


It looks like the passport photo of a Muslim woman to me Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 331 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.86 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 121.83 Kb