Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Car crash

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:07 - 17 Nov 2008    Post subject: Car crash Reply with quote

ok one of my best mates has just heard her ex died in a car crash.

She is in bits ATM. She has to work everyday of the week and can't cope. Can't get time off or anything. Now I'm crap in these situations and don't know what to say or do.

Any ideas on what I can say or what she should do?
I'm just worried about her is all.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:59 - 17 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be there. Sometimes being there and not saying stuff like "I know how you feel" is just what's needed. You can't *do* anything to make the situation better, you're not a superhero and it's not your fault so don't feel bad. But just be there. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rotax81
Nearly there...



Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:16 - 17 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

what stuntman said. just be there and dont mention it unless she wants to talk about it.
____________________
ZX636C6F road. ZX636C1H track. ZX7R redundant. ZX0.5R minimoto as ornament.
Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi and VW Transporter 2.5TDi 888 Special (no mot and tax lol)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:23 - 17 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if I was in that situation I would find it really good to have someone help me look after myself, as I always stop eating and sleeping when I get stressed out and exhausted.

How about becoming "meals on wheels" over to hers after work or inviting her to have tea with you, so you can chat or be quiet to suit her best. Getting out for a good long walk / stomp and chat is good for me, as is having someone to go to the gym with.

I guess try and think of anything you can to "take the pressure off" and make life feel a little easier whilst her head's all filled with bad and unhappy stuff. Make sure she knows you're there for her as I'm sure that'll mean an awful lot.
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:48 - 17 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit hard nosed in these situations.
Working is the best thing for her as it should take her mind off the problem....
Sitting and moping is not going to help.

Try the hard nosed approach and remind her its a EX.......

Other than that just be there for her. Let her know she can come and have a natter or just sit with you if thats all she needs.
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:42 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, well she hasn't mentioned it today but she has been a bit miserable etc. I haven't said anything but have spent time just chilling with her and sh cheered up after I bought us some cookies.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Really appreciated
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 318 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.88 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 47.73 Kb