Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


anyone want to fly from birmingham

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

rusty_bawz
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 28 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:04 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: anyone want to fly from birmingham Reply with quote

iwas on the internet late last night looking for flights to birminghamand stumbleacross this amazing deal

6pence flights inc taxes for two people flying from birmingham to barcelona have a look


https://www.bookryanair.com/skysales/FRConfirm.aspx
____________________
www.scottishbikerforum.myfreeforum.org
come in and say hello
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:15 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I bet you once you get to the confirm booking stage it will cost you £40.00.

I was once going to go to Dublin from Birmingham on this deal and it cost £16 for using my debit card to pay and various other fees just for flying.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:29 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think aeroplane flights are one of those things you don't buy just because they're on offer.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:35 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most would fly from, but few would fly to Birmingham.
Or is that flee?
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:39 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
I think aeroplane flights are one of those things you don't buy just because they're on offer.


I think they fuckin ARE. If I saw a similarly cheap flight on offer to NZ, even if I had to pay airport taxes on top, d'ya think I'd be waiting round for a time when I actually WANTED to go there? Bah.

Currently I have no desire to go to Barcelona (or Barmyham for that matter, and indeed I can understand why anyone would want to fly away from Barmyham, state of the place), but if there was a time when I did want to go there, and the price was right, I'd be off, mate. That's why my passport is NEVER out of date. Have passport, will fuck off when it suits.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:21 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite as good, but I decided 3 weeks before leaving that I was off to barcelona with the gf.

She noticed some cheap flights £58 for both of us all in, so I just said book em. And we arranged everything else afterwards. proper glad I did it.

My bank account isnt. The trip was hideously expensive. But awesome. And cheap flights! Laughing
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:24 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I think they fuckin ARE. If I saw a similarly cheap flight on offer to NZ, even if I had to pay airport taxes on top, d'ya think I'd be waiting round for a time when I actually WANTED to go there? Bah.

Currently I have no desire to go to Barcelona (or Barmyham for that matter, and indeed I can understand why anyone would want to fly away from Barmyham, state of the place), but if there was a time when I did want to go there, and the price was right, I'd be off, mate. That's why my passport is NEVER out of date. Have passport, will fuck off when it suits.


Don't get shirty with me or I'll put a dead fish in your pillow case. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:26 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

There'd be a whole new set of noises when you "plumped" your pillow up then.


Sick
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:50 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would that be instead of or as well as all the dead pigeons your fukkin cat brings into my house?

Laughing

(see, he's MY cat when he's being all cute and fluffy, and he's YOUR cat when he's being a git) Laughing
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:53 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fawbish wrote:
There'd be a whole new set of noises when you "plumped" your pillow up then.


Fortunately I have no idea what you are banging on about, o twaddlemeister extraordinaire Laughing

Do dead fish make noises?
Do pillows make noises when they are plumped?

WTF are you ON today, Mr Fawbish?
And ...
Can I have some?

Laughing
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:28 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I know Im crazy, but if you hit your pillow, no matter how soft, its gonna make a noise.


Now imagine a pillow sized fish.


Punch it.



Its not a nice noise is it?

Squelch-thump.

Plus, you're sleeping with goddamn fish stink around your head.
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:34 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine got 5p tickets to Milan from Bristol and had no hidden charges, I think he got about 3 or 4 of them, then paid for a 4th or 5th and then him and his housemates went shares on the paid ticket, so it isn't necessarily a scam.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:46 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fawbish wrote:
Ok, I know Im crazy, but if you hit your pillow, no matter how soft, its gonna make a noise.


Now imagine a pillow sized fish.


Punch it.



Its not a nice noise is it?

Squelch-thump.

Plus, you're sleeping with goddamn fish stink around your head.


There are so many responses I could make to this post, and so little time Laughing
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:49 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Moonie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:31 - 20 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you don't realise until you get there is that Barcelona actually smells more like feaces than Birmingham. The smell in the summer is absolutely rank. And the Segrada Familia is rubbish, the shops sre over priced, you can't get decent food anywhere, there are pickpockets everywhere, Dahli has a shitty gallery there, literally the only good thing about the place was the Hard Rock Café, which could have been anywhere.

Please don't call me uncultured, I just have good taste Smile
____________________
Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:06 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as what ever the Ped Boi Moonie says is total jizz he has a point. Birmingham is the second city ( by that I mean second to Jerusalem) and is heaven on earth. Why would we want to fly away from it?
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Moonie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:06 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally quite like Birmingham although I only ever see the little bit that's on the way to the Carling Academy from the train station Laughing
____________________
Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:11 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this ryanair offer on martin lewis' site, it will tot up to more like £40 if you check baggage (rather than hand luggage) and check in at the airport (rather than online).

For light travelling weekend break-ers, it's a good deal.
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 326 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 4.28 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 103.34 Kb