Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


SAW V

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

binge
Emo Kiddy



Joined: 03 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:10 - 22 Nov 2008    Post subject: SAW V Reply with quote

Okay, I've seen the other films over the years, vaguely.
Couple of weeks ago Saw 1 and Saw 2 were shown on TV. So I decided to watch them both, Then rent out 3 and 4 from blockbuster.

Today I bought Saw 5 from the Chinkey DVD man. And watched it tonight with Roxanne, Hoping it would clear up the loopholes in the story line.


All my mates kept telling me it uncovers so many parts of the story etc.



Well I watched it tonight, and what a load of old bollocks it was. Either the pirate copy I have is missing a whole load of scenes, Or the film explains absolutely fuck all. Laughing

I don't understand who the 5 people were in the main "game", I don't understand why it ended like it did, I don't know what was in that fucking box his wife opened with the key she had on her necklace. I don't understand alot of it really.

The only thing it did clear up slightly is that the cop dude (Hoffman?) who was in the glass box at the end, Was the one helping Jigsaw from the start.


Other than that I don't even think it was worth watching really.



Opinions please.





Ben
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lukamon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:17 - 22 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the fuck WAS in that box?

and the walls at the end? pleeeasseeeeeee. Jigsaw is meant to make traps from junk or stuff lying around. plate steel walls on pistons dont fall into that category.

the nail bombs in the second room - the angles meant they'd have all got prickled.

so, SO many crappy plot holes.
____________________
killa wrote: Im an ass man myself
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

binge
Emo Kiddy



Joined: 03 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:23 - 22 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was just a poor film on the whole.
It made very little sense, and wrapped very little up. From what people were saying, I was expecting some amazing film that puts the previous 4 into perfect sense.

If anything, I think Saw IV (4) explained the most.


Meh.


I'm well done in, I want my 2 hours back! Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:23 - 22 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

A film franchise drags out four sorry-arsed sequels and you expect plot?! Shocked I mean, Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach - what were they thinking...

The last couple of Saw films had plot holes so big you could drive a truck through them. I haven't seen 5 yet but I'm expecting more of the same...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

binge
Emo Kiddy



Joined: 03 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:32 - 22 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
I haven't seen 5 yet



I wouldn't waste your time. Seriously, The story line makes more sense without number 5.


And I didn't notice any plot holes in the previous 4 films. Care to enlighten me and crush my opinion on the Saw Series completely. Laughing



Ben
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:46 - 22 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

binge wrote:
And I didn't notice any plot holes in the previous 4 films. Care to enlighten me and crush my opinion on the Saw Series completely. Laughing


I can't remember exactly off hand, it's been a while since I watched them (which is a crap answer, I know!). But, just think how complicated most of the plans are through the films - the especially the latter ones. People just happened to do the right thing that allowed the next element to take place. It's all chance, it'd be like having the flip a coin twenty times and get heads every time Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

binge
Emo Kiddy



Joined: 03 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:55 - 22 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Silver"]
binge wrote:

People just happened to do the right thing that allowed the next element to take place. It's all chance, it'd be like having the flip a coin twenty times and get heads every time Laughing



Laughing

I must admit, I did think about that when I was watching number 5. Its obviously not real.
Especially in number 4, when the black bloke gets caught in his own house. And when he wakes up into the "Game". There is a hair pulling machine in his front room, which probably weighs as much as a car, There's also a girl in the chair.


And, its broad daylight outside. Asif nobody would of seen a geeza dressed up as a pig, carrying that stuff into his house.

Mean while, He had to set up 3 or 4 different traps. So either Jigsaw has 10+ helpers, Or he is a fast mover.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:29 - 22 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only ever seen the first one and it screwed with my head so badly that I slept with the light on for two weeks. And still do occasionally, it was a brilliant film, fantastic twist at the end but it was just. Eurgh. I believe that films are real too much, that's why I love Iron Man Laughing
____________________
wizzzard wrote: Imagine God just stopping by, tidying your front room up and then quietly letting himself out again. Statisticly more likely to happen than Korn being on here.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:39 - 22 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

lukamon wrote:
what the fuck WAS in that box?

and the walls at the end? pleeeasseeeeeee. Jigsaw is meant to make traps from junk or stuff lying around. plate steel walls on pistons dont fall into that category.

the nail bombs in the second room - the angles meant they'd have all got prickled.

so, SO many crappy plot holes.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081025211534AAvNKjC
____________________
Turbo R1
CRF450R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:15 - 22 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only ever seen saw 5, I went to the cinema with some of my mates and they said you'll love this film and I'll bet you'll want to see the rest after. About half way through I was counting lights on the ceiling, from what I picked up on there's a dude who creates fucked up puzzles to punish people for things, normally it involves them dying because they can't change who they are.. blah blah blah.

I just found it a bit boring, I saw straight through what those 5 people were supposed to do, I thought immediately if they take it in turns they'll all live, there's enough room in those tunnels for more than one person etc.

I kinda wish I hadn't wasted my time, I've been told the first films are better but I'm not sure I can be bothered if they are similar to saw 5..
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

aaronb74
Crazy Courier



Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:11 - 22 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncrn wrote:
I kinda wish I hadn't wasted my time, I've been told the first films are better but I'm not sure I can be bothered if they are similar to saw 5..


tbh the only one I would recommend is the first one. I really liked it as it was a fairly unique idea for a film, but now the rest of them have just followed the Final Destination trilogy idea of trying to come up with really obscure ways to kill people, then throwing a rubbish storyline over the top so they can pass it off as an actual film rather than just a collection of gory death scenes.

I've seen the first 4 Saw films, but can't really be bothered seeing the fifth.

Just my Penny CoinPenny Coin
____________________
Current bike - 2006 ZX6R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:05 - 22 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

lukamon wrote:
what the fuck WAS in that box?

and the walls at the end? pleeeasseeeeeee. Jigsaw is meant to make traps from junk or stuff lying around. plate steel walls on pistons dont fall into that category.

the nail bombs in the second room - the angles meant they'd have all got prickled.

so, SO many crappy plot holes.


But if they smashed the jar holding all those nails with the iron rod that they were twatting each other with then they would all have been safe.

I quite enjoyed it . . . all of them. Oh and its been out in good quality on torrents for a couple of weeks. Wink
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

J0Al1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:40 - 22 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh - I wastehc 1 - 4 again the other weekend to refresh and now I'm not looking forward to 5 very much Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:42 - 22 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
I mean, Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach - what were they thinking...

Probly the timeless sound guy
https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nLyThUbtg_Y Laughing
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 315 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.14 Sec - Server Load: 0.58 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 86.74 Kb