|
|
| Author |
Message |
| .Chris. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 .Chris. World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jun 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:19 - 21 Feb 2008 Post subject: CD250U maintenance |
 |
|
Does anyone have a manual or any service data for these?
I've done about 600 miles since I've had it now, just doing the usuals like chain adjustment/lube and cleaning. Today I changed the oil for its 25,000 mile birthday but I'm a bit clueless at the moment as I don't have a manual. This bike is in really nice nick and I want to keep it that way!
Is the dipstick the type where you screw it fully in to take the reading or do you rest it on top of the hole? I can't work out whether I've put too much oil in or not.
How often should the oil be changed? I'd guess every 1000 miles maybe?
How often should the valve clearances be checked & adjusted, and what are the correct settings?
Being a Honda I assume the cam chain tensioner will need adjusting at some point, or is it automatic? (the chain does not chatter atm).
Anything else I should know?
Thanks  ____________________ Chris
1985 Kawasaki Z550F |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| virus |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 virus World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Aug 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:20 - 21 Feb 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
change the oil every 1k, dipstick should be resting on top with the bike sat vertically (not on the sidestand).
will get more details for you next time i see my mate, he's had a few of em.
valves would definitely need a special tool from honda though.
Cheers
John ____________________ own: 81 xs1100g...
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
There is a gap of 276 days between these two posts... |
 |
|
| bikedemon99 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bikedemon99 Spanner Monkey

Joined: 24 Nov 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sickpup |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sickpup Old Timer

Joined: 21 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bikedemon99 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bikedemon99 Spanner Monkey

Joined: 24 Nov 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 314 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|