 Polo World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Sep 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:21 - 24 Nov 2008 Post subject: Snapped throttle cable - 97 Fireblade |
 |
|
Hi,
Are these straight forward to replace? I havent had to do it before. Will it become clear once I take the tank off, what goes where and is there a certain way the go round the throttle housing by the grip? I have a manual in pdf format but that just mentions maintenance and not replacing the cables.
Also, how much would I expect to part with for new ones?
Many thanks.  ____________________ My mum smells your fingers |
|
 geordiecbrblo... Trackday Trickster
Joined: 17 Jul 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:13 - 24 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
On my old CBR6, I have to take the carbs off and it is a fiddly job but not too bad - just a bit time consuming (if you are rubbish at spannering like I am!)
You'll be able to work it out once you get in there, if you get the push and pull cables mixed up and attach them the wrong way round, you'll soon notice as your throttle will roll the wrong way
www.wemoto.com have a pattern part for £13.10 each
 |
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:23 - 24 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Haha I put my throttle cables the wrong way , though the bolts at the top on the throttle tube should not allow you to mix them up at the top....
To make it extra easy for you , take off the clip on bar at the top so there is no intrinsic pull on them , and put the cable end tabs into the carb end FIRST then put the ones in the top in and then put the clip on back on , and jobs a gud un , I managed it on my NTV in about 40 minutes and that included oiling them with the throttle tube still attached to the bars.
Though the trick with bars is to remove the entire bar. ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|
 Polo World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Sep 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:49 - 26 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks guys,
Just finished, 30 minutes including oiling them up. Carbs didn't have to come off. A little fiddly but then my sausage fingers don't help.
 ____________________ My mum smells your fingers |
|