Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Tattoos and skin irritations.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:22 - 23 Nov 2008    Post subject: Tattoos and skin irritations. Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've been wanting to get a couple of tattoos for a few years now, but since I've started working full time, I keep getting skin irritations.

I work as a chef, so in a kitchen on a hot day with service, you sweat quite a bit, and I sometimes get rashes and spots from it. It's not all the time, but I get outbreaks once a month or so. I've never had spots really, the occasional one, it's just from the heat and sweat (and when I work I shower morning, and night)

I'm just curious as to the effects of such irritations on skin, and how the two go together, or not as the case may be.

Cheers
Pyro
____________________
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:29 - 23 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Missus is allergic to just about anything, her skin just goes ape shit /red and blotchy for a few hours with a burning sensation, she went to a tattooist and got him to put a small dot of ink on her back to see if she'd react to it, she didn't which suprised us both tbh so she went a head and had one...

I believe inks are a lot more organic now without half the shit in them there used to be, so yeah try that, I for one am all right, I have a fair few with a growing collection, there's one pic on my profile on here...

HTH... Thumbs Up
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:44 - 23 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I worded myself right.

What would happen if I got a tattoo then while it was healing, or after, came up in spots or rash? It's only on my back where it gets hot.

Pyro
____________________
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:52 - 23 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

So long as you don't scratch it you'll be fine, keep that tattoo moist and clean and spots should do it no harm...

If you scratch or pick at a tattoo whilst it's scabby it'll bleed which means it'll bleed the ink aswell, which may then need touching up later, should do it no major harm though, you can get Ink Spots from tattoos thinking about it, when I had my armpits done I had a few white spots come up but I left them alone and the tattoo's been fine...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:32 - 24 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bepanthen.co.uk/ That should stop any itching. About £2 in Asda. Don't scratch it though as said above.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:07 - 24 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm warned against doing anything that'll cause too much sweating by my tattooist, particularly during the first few days of healing. Presumably it would sweat some of the ink out, which is never a good thing. I was asking particular in terms of when I could get back in the gym, so along with sweating I'd be stretching and working the skin. So it would be an idea to get inked before a few days off, particularly if you're having someone big done. Having huge area of solid colour done in one sitting will take longer to heal than a small area of light shading.

As for rashes, I got a rash when one tattoo was healing because I was allergic to the stuff I was rubbing on it - tattoo goo salve, ironically enough. Stopped using that and switched back to E45, the rash went down and it healed fine.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:32 - 25 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am covered in tat's and I have sensitive skin, including psoriasis (or however the fuck you spell it). I had the skin problems first.

Apart from some self control not scratching, and some sleep based scratching that did do a little bit of damage to my ink, it was all okay.

The real problem, would be if you were allergic to the tat inks I'd guess.

Basically, water makes me itch. The only way I've found around it, is a hot bath or shower or suana, followed by a long cold shower, and then I don't itch. Getting tat's made no other difference.

I'm a ginger nut, with pale skin, and have had no ill affects from tattoing...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Renton
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:14 - 25 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip wrote:
https://www.bepanthen.co.uk/ That should stop any itching. About £2 in Asda. Don't scratch it though as said above.


Thumbs Up +1

Major impact on the tattoo world in a short amount of time. It's better than normal Savlon because it keeps the tattoo moist as it's substance feels slightly greasy as well as the much needed healing properties.

I have used Bepanthen on all my tattoos (except for the last session on my chest, because my skin is having trouble accepting the harsh red ink) and they healed in half the expected time.
____________________
This is my motorcycle. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
Without me, my motorcycle is useless. Without my motorcycle, I am useless.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:01 - 25 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a rash or such at the time of having the tattoo done, the tattooist would (should) refuse to do it. It's the same if you have any sort of sun burn as well. (Not likely at the minute!)

As long as the area you're having tattooed is free from skin damage, be it a rash or any unhealed would whatsoever, you'll be fine. Just be aware, the tat will effectively be an open would for a while, it will bleed and weep for a bit and will need wrapping in cling film for a period of time with whatever cream the tattooist recommended regularly applied.

Just make sure the above is conducive with your work environment. Ideally book some holiday days to give it time to heal a bit before being irritated with your work environment. If you book a week off and have it done on the monday, it should be fine for the week after if you look after it. The above cream will probably prevent your rash coming back for a bit if your not at work as well.

P.S, if it's your first then I have to warn you, they get properly addictive! Every 12 months I get the urge for another!

Hope it works out mate.
____________________
"THOSE WHO RISK NOTHING, DO NOTHING, ACHIEVE NOTHING, BECOME NOTHING."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:16 - 25 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlnicholsony2k wrote:


P.S, if it's your first then I have to warn you, they get properly addictive! Every 12 months I get the urge for another!




Ppppfffttt, twelve months ? As soon as I get out the chair I'm re-booking, luckily my Tattooist is my Uncle though so I get in fairly quick lol... Thumbs Up
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:29 - 25 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSR-AD wrote:
carlnicholsony2k wrote:


P.S, if it's your first then I have to warn you, they get properly addictive! Every 12 months I get the urge for another!




Ppppfffttt, twelve months ? As soon as I get out the chair I'm re-booking, luckily my Tattooist is my Uncle though so I get in fairly quick lol... Thumbs Up


Jammy git! Finances have stopped me for the last 4 years! I'm craving more work now!!
____________________
"THOSE WHO RISK NOTHING, DO NOTHING, ACHIEVE NOTHING, BECOME NOTHING."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:37 - 25 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOOOOOOOOO it's great I get all the cancellations lol... Thumbs Up

Ha Ha Ha Bring on the Trumpets Ha Ha Trumpets !...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Renton
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:42 - 26 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm struck with finances as well.

Have been walking around with a chest peice half finished for a year now Sad thankfully it looks OK as it is and no one can tell it's half finished Very Happy
____________________
This is my motorcycle. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
Without me, my motorcycle is useless. Without my motorcycle, I am useless.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 323 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.37 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 78.76 Kb