Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


" It's beguining to feel a lot like christmas"

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:25 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: " It's beguining to feel a lot like christmas" Reply with quote

I hate that ad, I am not even sure what it is advertising as I turn off when I hear it. I am sure it started up in August.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:20 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me want to punch things.
And not in a nice way.
Twisted Evil
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:25 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm going to rant a little. Whilst you guys may complain about the cold, the hot weather here has utterly destroyed my Christmas feelings. It was 35degrees at the weekend, and 99% humidity. That, I'm afraid is not what Christmas is about.

So, I must contest, it is NOT starting to feel a lot like Christmas.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:27 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Re: " It's beguining to feel a lot like christmas" Reply with quote

1930 Ariel wrote:
I hate that ad, I am not even sure what it is advertising as I turn off when I hear it. I am sure it started up in August.


I think at least three different companies are using it. It's all merged into one bland mashup of drawn out blipverts anyway.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

neatbik
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:17 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree, it makes me want to throw things at the tv.
And talking of annoying things, the wife has got a little singing and dancing christmas tree for the kids. They love it, but i swear if i have to hear it once more im going to do VERY BAD THINGS to it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:26 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been doing my head in also. Sick of hearing it. I edited a family vid last year for family abroad and that was the song I used and really raelly am sick of hearing it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bofh5
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:57 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep amazing how that song can make you want to get your tool kit out and play surgeon on the advertisers with a torque wrench.

It should have a warning before being broadcast as i nearly popped a hamstring last night trying to turn the tv off when it came on.
____________________
(L)users...Disk space is to good for them.

Bikes: Honda 50 / CB125-TDC / 93 CBR600 F2 (Stolen & Trashed) / 2001 SP-1 (Sold) / 95 CBR600 F3
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:19 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it it's beginning to look alot like Christmas? If it pisses you off so much then surely you would all remember the oh so distinctive hook line in its correct form?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:51 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Re: " It's beguining to feel a lot like christmas" Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
I think at least three different companies are using it...

Thinking I always thought there was some sort of advertising cartel oversight committee that made sure the same song/jingle wasn't used by different companies.

On topic, I don't mind it now that December's actually here, although I do hate all the Xmas stuff in the shops by October.

Actually went Xmas shopping for stuff the other Thursday. I had the song that contains "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" going around inside my head Confused
Don't know if that's a current advert backing track. If it is then Thumbs Up for getting it in my head and Thumbs Down because I couldn't tell you the company or product(s).

Rolling Eyes
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:00 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer these versions anyway Smile

https://www.bobrivers.com/audiovault/tunes/xmastunes.asp
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:23 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel you bastard, I haven't been able to get that stupid song out of my head since you posted this. Brick Wall
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:53 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made my feelings about christmas known the other night at a works 'christmas' meal, I was called pompous as a result.

Apparently, there is no option for disliking christmas, thats the worst thing about it.

Watching the credits at the end of a die hard film is about the only time I get remotely near the 'spirit' of the farce.

Roll on January.
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:57 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I opened this thread it came on ffs, also sick of seeing the advert for Bad Santa on Five, it's on EVERY break !!!...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:51 - 09 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
Ariel you bastard, I haven't been able to get that stupid song out of my head since you posted this. Brick Wall


Sorry Mr. Green
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.85 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 91.12 Kb