|
|
| Author |
Message |
| TUG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TUG World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 May 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:15 - 02 Jan 2009 Post subject: sleeping problems |
 |
|
i got problems sleeping, its very hard to pin point.
Here goes, right, the problem is, i sometimes cant get to sleep at all, sometimes i have nightmare bout well, my dad, or bike crashes or my ex an stuff, u know, lifes little problems. Or as current... sleeping for 12 hours sometimes even longer.
What can i do to get it back on track, its becoming a joke.
Any tips or suggestions would be amazing.
Thanks for reading. ____________________ Haz ER-5, innit! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tonka |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tonka World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:54 - 02 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well, I know what all the advice is, but none of it actually works for me all of the time, so you'll probably just have to give it a go and see what works for you.
A healthy routine is the key (apparently ) so make sure you go to bed at the same time and get up after 8 hours-ish regardless of still feeling tired. Bedroom not too hot or cold, nice and dark and no electronic stuff (TV's, PC's, mobile phones etc.). Try a warm bath and a warm drink (+ wee dram?), but not coffee! Sounds like your brain is keeping you awake if you're having nightmares, so try and get it properly tired by reading a book (not surfing the net).
There are loads of insomniacs on BCF so expect advice to just flood in but my advice FWIW would be try and avoid sleeping pills if you can, as they're a bit of a slippery slope. ____________________ 'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pyx_e |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pyx_e World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Nov 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:15 - 03 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Quote: | Aim to spend eight/nine hours in bed. |
Apparently no more than 7 is now recommended for a long healthy life. The fact that they keep changing their mind; make of that what you will.
I still feel tired regardless of the amount of sleep, so they are probably right about routine, wake up at the same time and force yourself out of bed, something i'm crap at, although managed just before midday today which was a rarity for a saturday.
Couldn't get to sleep for hours last night, was about to doze off on the sofa, so instead of waking up there at 4am as usual I went up to bed, read for 10 mins then attempted sleep. Couldn't sleep till about 3am, it sucked, and was up at 8am the previous morning and did a full days work, so /was/ tired.
There just isn't any science behind it. ____________________ So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:19 - 03 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Go for a ride, a fairly fast one , the concentration needed soon empties your head and tires you out... ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LimehouseCBF |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LimehouseCBF Nova Slayer
Joined: 04 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:48 - 05 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Reading a book is quite a simple effective one, its taken me a month and a half to finish one because i always fall asleep.
Dont use a mobile phone before bed and keep things electrical switched off, it does effect you.  ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steppen22 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steppen22 World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:52 - 05 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have quite .... disordered ... sleeping patterns myself.
I simply can't get to bed before 2 - my mind just won't switch off. An option that might work for me would be to get up at 4, and then I'd be tired by 12, but what's the point?
Staying up til 4 - you can get a lot done.
Getting up at 4 is just a drag - you find yourself sat in the kitchen, nothing to do until work.
I always look really tired, apparently.
And - if I'm honest - I could look a little tidier at work.
I have to get everything ready the day before becuase I know I won't get to bed before 2-3, and then I'll sleep right to the wire. I'll force myself up about 15 minutes before I need to leave for work, and somehow in that time I can get dressed, get breakfast (toast in hand as I'm walking about looking for my shoes, etc), brush teeth.
It's crazy.
I don't like living like this.
But I don't like going to bed early. If I go to bed at say 12, it means I've had 6 hours of "me time" that day. The rest I've been boed at work. 6 hours a day just isn't enough for me to do what I need to do.
So my insomnia isn't without its charms.
So I stay up, squeezing every last minute from the day until well past 2, and suffer the horrible torture of having to force myself from my cosy bed in the mornings.
I've lost track of the number of times the last few months I've been up at three drinking lager and eating snacks. You text your mates hoping for a reply, but nothing, nada. It's stupid. I'm not a student anymore.
I've got responsibilities. ____________________ no regrets, no retreat, no apology.
I've made mistakes in the past, and I apologise for FUCK ALL. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mad4it028 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mad4it028 World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:26 - 05 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
have a joint before bed works for me  ____________________ always looking to buy bikes crashed ,unfinished projects,none runners pm me
currently riding kawasaki z1000 only bike ive ever loved |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chillpill |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chillpill World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Aug 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chillpill |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chillpill World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Aug 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:56 - 06 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TUG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TUG World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 May 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LimehouseCBF |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LimehouseCBF Nova Slayer
Joined: 04 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 274 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|