|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tonka |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tonka World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kawakid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kawakid World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Mar 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:09 - 03 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Its not a cut its al internal. he is a german shepherd and prone to hhip problems only he has started this very young. I dont like the idea of giving him the normal stuff I just dont like seeing him suffer. i wouldnt even take a paracetamol as they mke me sick. I must check what he is on as I did see a site once you could get meds off but I am not sure if they where complementary or proper ones.
My vet is a bit pricey and I owe her for the last batch I got. Only get 10 days worth off her.
Any surgestions on what to do with the back legs? I dont think there is anything that can be done though  ____________________ All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tonka |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tonka World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:15 - 03 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I just googled hip dysplasia in dogs and this site is UK based - may be of interest?
https://www.synflexforpets.co.uk/ ____________________ 'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:42 - 03 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks for that,I will look into it. I had something similar for a while called stress for the dogs I wonder is it a similar thing. I will look into this though. Could help with his behavior problem. He is actually really scared of me and I am always nice to him. I am wondering can he sence I am pregnant and is not liking me at all for it. ____________________ All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Finglonga |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Finglonga World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:24 - 03 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I wouldn't chance paracetamol, especially if expensive vets bills are not what you can afford. Not worth the risk. Despite how laid back most people are about paracetamol (and for good reason, it does bugger all useful) its pretty potent stuff in certain ways.
We sell 'Cortaflex' at work, its extremely popular with horse and dog owners for maintaining good joints, and flexability.
I can't testify to its success, it might be a big nonsense. But might be worth looking into, it is growing in popularity. Not the cheapest thing though.
German sheperds are very territorial, and over protective of family and people they know. So pregnancy may be an interesting time for them. You can never know what they pick up on, will probably be aware something is 'different'. ____________________ So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:42 - 03 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
His behavior has got worse since I got pregnant. He just pees everywhere and panther crawls about the house and wont listen to anyone where as he did before. He isnt going to last long here unfortunatly. I gave him so many chances but he has bit me 3 times in the last few months, pees just when you look at him and pooed in my kitchen on front of my dad. His nerves seem to be bad. We did notice when we took him in his back legs where not that strong, I am sort of putting his bad behavior down to his pain. But I cant have my house covered in pee and pooh when baby comes, I am sure baby will do enough of that for me.
Oh and he peed on my new sofa because when you say no he just pees. Listens to my OH just not to me. My dad wasnt impressed with his dirty tricks two days ago at all. So I am getting it in the ear from everyone about him. I feel sorry for him. It breaks my heart when I know he should be somewhere else. He gets loads of attention here but wont get as much when baby is born and I feel it will make him worse as noises scare him. He needs someone that can handle him and give him them classes he needs, we dont have any around, no car and not enough money anyway. ts sad. i dont know how I will give him up but it may be for the best. He is quite stressful on us. he has also tried to eat the cat several timses so I imagine a baby wouldnt be much hassel to him.
Still feel bad for considering getting rid. But what can I do here. ____________________ All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| shonajoy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 shonajoy Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 15 Dec 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:17 - 03 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Its not his medical treatment I can afford to get him pain killers in a day or so just not this weekend. But I wont be able to keep that up. And I know some will say what a bitch I am for not but hey there is a baby coming in here. And another thing his behavior I have asked everywhere about and the vet just said he was a nervous dog and that was it. We have been to her about the peeing problem and seeing about neutering him but apparetly that dosnt really help. he has just peed on my new rug. all I did was go to pet him. I give up going near him now. he used to be afraid of men and not its everyone including me.
He is booked in soon for neutering and an xray at the same time to see the back legs. If he cant behave and I cant afford to treat him he has to go that is not fair on him keeping him I dont tihnk. Someone else could that would have the money and patience.
he is 1 year and 4 months old I got him last jan. he was toilet trained and knows here to do it. He just wont as he is to busy scurring around like someone is trying to kill him when you are nice to him. Even if you ignore him at the cornor of your eye he is peeing and beng nervous. ____________________ All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Robby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Robby Dirty Old Man

Joined: 16 May 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| syl |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 syl World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Dec 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:16 - 03 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Google "Pardale-V" (or look here and click the links on the left) which is an analgesic for dogs. Apparantly it contains Paracetamol (400mg) and Codine (9mg).
Of course, you should ask your vet. ____________________ Current bike: Kawasaki Z750S |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Icey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Icey World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:33 - 03 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have given my previous dog paracetamol as it was recommend to do so by a Vet when he was stiff and in pain. ____________________ Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JodieWodie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JodieWodie Reflective Banana

Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:08 - 03 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I would say against you giving this dog up, as he has previously had a very hard time and been on the streets, BUT in this case I think it's the best option considering all your circumstances
Pets cost a lot of money to keep well as they DO get sick, more so the older they get (the situation I am in now. I have 2 cats, both senior, and a dog almost 9 so senior too. I am at the vet once a month at the LEAST. Not a cheap thing, but very very necessary). I can just about afford it though, pet insurance paid monthly for all and only have to pay the excess. They are like my kids and if anything is wrong they get sorted straight away. If I couldn't give them what they deserved I would let them go to someone who could.
My bil had a GS with hip dysplasia. he was operated on at just gone one yr, and then had problems/was on meds for the rest of his life. Not good financially. My Brother's dog had epilepsy and his meds were £30+ every four weeks, and this was about 10 years ago! (so maybe £60+ now?).
Give him to a place where they won't put him down, somewhere that can assess him and either work through his problems and 'cure him' or put him to sleep. He needs to be given the very best chance in his short life.
Rescue dogs are a risk as anything could have happened in the past, god damn awful things Bless him. I hope it all ends out well and with a good outcome
J x ____________________ Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:19 - 04 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Is it possible for a dog to be skitzo?
he has been a happy dog all morning and all over me. Then this afternoon he is crawling around with ears down and no one can go near him . He seems to be panciing and nothing has changed. Other than me moving on the sofa to get more comfy where he shot up and crawled about and is now behind the sofa again. I am very confused at this behavior. Cant go near him now because he will pee when he is like this.
I have my eye on some calming tabs for him, herbal things. Read some good revews on them. Willing to try them. ____________________ All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ZRX61 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ZRX61 Victor Meldrew
Joined: 05 Nov 2003 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LustyLew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LustyLew World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:53 - 05 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm sure I've seen you post another thread about doggy issues.
I think it's time to get things into perspective.
You are heavily pregnant with a dog that has behavioural issues. If you cannot devote time/money to finding out the cause now, you certainly wont be able to when the little one comes along.
A sane dog requires a lot of attention. Especially a young one. With a new born in the house can you honestly say you can devote the time and money that the dog deserves?
As heartbreaking as it seems, giving the dog to the RSPCA/PDSA/whoever may be the wisest thing to do. The dog is clearly displaying a lack of discipline and that is a dangerous thing for the size of the breed. He could seriously hurt you or the baby and then how would you feel..? ____________________ Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| b-f-c |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 b-f-c Traffic Copper

Joined: 06 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LustyLew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LustyLew World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 273 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|