|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Jai466 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jai466 Spanner Monkey

Joined: 31 Aug 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:23 - 02 Jan 2009 Post subject: Security Chain |
 |
|
Heyy...
Happy New Year...
I was looking to get a security chain for my bike, I've seen the oxford chain at HG, but then came across this website:
https://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/
It shows these chain have had some good testing via the videos.
Are these any good?
Thanks |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| s44678 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 s44678 Guest
|
|
| Back to top |
| |
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LuckyDip23 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LuckyDip23 Scooby Slapper

Joined: 26 Feb 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ..... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ..... Quote Me Happy
Joined: 15 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:36 - 02 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I went for a Pragmasis in the end, Torc anchor and Squire lock.
See Here |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| loply |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 loply World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:19 - 03 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Almax chains are preposterously secure. Just search on YouTube.
The only downside is they are also quite cumbersome and heavy (as you would expect), but, this has the positive effect of making it look pointless trying to nick your bike.
I bought two, they are based in Newcastle so I paid cash and got a reasonable discount. ____________________ Yamaha SZR660 Caution to the wind, the throttle pinned! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BBCTom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BBCTom Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 02 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:30 - 03 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Almax all the way mate. I have had an Oxford Monster Chain and Padlock, Oxford Hardcore Chain and Padlock and Oxford Disk Lock...all of which were cut straight off the bike.
Never had anyone test the Almax as far as I'm aware, but with the shear strength of the damn thing, I don't think I would notice even if someone had tried their luck. ____________________ GSXR600 Corona Alstare SRAD + Race Tuned Aprilia SR125 see public bio for specs. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 281 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|