|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:16 - 04 Jan 2009 Post subject: Cusses Gorse today (Sunday 4th Jan) |
 |
|
As title, went to Gusses Corse MX track today, 'Tom C RX50' from here had PM'd me saying he was going too, so I arranged to meet up with him at the track.
Tom C RX50 went with 3 of his mates and they all seemed friendly/top blokes
I have just loaded the van and about to set off from the track ... my god I ache all over!! ... I'll give more detail of the day and post up some onbord video we took later tonight, after I have had my tea!
If you read this, feel free to start filling in a few blanks in the meantime Tom C RX50 ;0 ____________________ The purpose of life is to fight maturity. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:51 - 04 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ok, got there about 1.5hrs before they opened ... talk about keen!!
Got the bike out and eventually all signed in/on 'Tom C RX50' was running late and missed the first session, but I made it out and felt my way round.
Next session I followed 'Tom C RX50' to get some 'lines' ... overall he was faster, but slowed up for me every now and then. Didn't help that my front brake master cylinder was loose, so I couldn't use the front brake!!
Next session out I felt a bit better and although 'Tom C RX50' was still faster, he was not running away with it this time!! .. sadly part way through this session, my front sprocket started slipping when I hit the powerband .. basically its had chewed up and most of the teeth were now missing ...
I tightened the chain in an attempt to keep going on the day ...
Next session, I went in front and 'Tom C RX50' followed me ... to my amazement, the sprocket with the tightened chain was largely holding!!
Having a bit more track and bike knowledge now and knowing he was behind, really inspired me to dig in a bit and get going ... felt I was riding pretty well (i.e. my best of the day) .. sadly after about 3 laps 'Tom C RX50' dropped out ... he had evidently run out of fuel!!! ... doh!!
The last session of the day only a few people showed for, but I was determined to go out!!
Overall I am starting to get to grips with MX now ... I am far off from the expert group yet and its very different to what I have done before ... its taking a bit of brain re-programming ... like I have to stop myself 'getting off the bike' roadbike-style*!!
*on MX you push the bike down into a turn, not you clamber off it like on the road/track. If you try and 'get off' the bike, the bike slides/tucks!!
p.s. vid of today's fun is uploading as we speak  ____________________ The purpose of life is to fight maturity. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ariel Badger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ariel Badger Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Carl Howell |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Carl Howell Scooby Slapper
Joined: 27 May 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stevo as b4 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stevo as b4 World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tom C RX50 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tom C RX50 Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 30 Nov 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:50 - 04 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
was a good day mate, if only my hands didnt keep clamping up i might of had a bit more pace, oh well, its the cold i spose and not riding for 14 weeks due to breaking my wrist.
When i ran out of fuel my mate freddy lent me his suzuki 250 and man how much easier was that than my 2 stroke!! could really ease on the power and get on it quicker without the worry of a sudden kick, going to popes to see if i can trade mine in for a 250 4stroke and transfer the finance.
Carl, i dont have a van either but once you get to know a few people lifts are soon sorted out for most, we had 3 bikes in my mates toyota d4d van today and it isnt exactly big!!
look forward to riding again soon, tom ____________________ **FOR SALE** Aprilia RX50, full system gianelli exhaust, 70cc MK big bore, MK pro race filter, 20mm Dellorto carb, aftermarket sticker set, small plate, carbon look indicators, new rear tyre, years tax and mot, new chain and sprockets, very fast bike. 1200 ono **FOR SALE** |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:06 - 05 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah, we were getting air ... not as much as the 'fast' guys mind ... one guy there (#77) was fecking mental!! Its good you can see the other bikes I/we are riding with/around and seeing the air they are getting as you can't really get the impression of the 'air' with the rider cam.
I don't have any frame of reference, but it is supposed to be one of the better tracks in the country ... particularly in the south ... hence why I selected to go there! Cusses Gorse is just north of Salisbury.
If you google maps cusses gorse there are a few entrys under it!!
As for getting a 4-stroke, it has to be the logical choice as the 2strokes are so peeky it is hard to ride them unless you are fully committed, when learning it just zaps confidence and lowers laptimes (having to ride around avoiding the powerband in places means they are really struggle!!).
I'll stick with my YZ125 for now as I have only just got it and I feel the spirit of MX is 2-stroke
Have you or a mate got a car with towbar Carl Howell? You don't NEED a van ... a bike trailer is not too hard to store and somethign that will do the trick can be got 2nd hand for <£100 ... so financial much better than buying, taxing, moting, insuring a Van  ____________________ The purpose of life is to fight maturity. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DEN MONKEY |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DEN MONKEY World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 May 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:19 - 05 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Looks like fun. Never tried dirt riding
So which camera ? ____________________ meh |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:34 - 05 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:42 - 05 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Oh and for those that haven't twigged, I edited the video so all footage is either with me following 'Tom C RX50' - he has green gear, orange bike and the first bike/rider we see when we get out of the gate (~20s in) - or me with 'Tom C RX50' following ... I am the one on the blue bike, blue lid, red bottoms, Army jacket and first come into the vid after the badly spelt/typed splitter* text (~3:15).
* - but it had already started uploading, and I wasn't going to change it  ____________________ The purpose of life is to fight maturity. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 273 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|