Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


another new member

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

snufle
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 07 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:26 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: another new member Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I just joined today.

I have been reading this site for a long time and I find it really good. I just got my first bike over easter and hoping that such a thing would define me as a 'biker' I joined today.
It's a VT600 Shadow. I know most of you UK guys ride sports stuff, but we're all the same on the inside aren't we? (flesh, bones and beer)

Since I study in the UK, but bought my bike back in Norway where I'm from, I have to wait until june before I can go back and drive it. It's the most dreadful thing I have been through in a long while. I spend half my time daydreaming about riding it in summer... *sigh*
After summer I'll bring it over though, can't wait!

Anyways, thanks for keeping this forum open. It's really good stuff.

- Martin
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:29 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome, watch out for those Moose! Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School



Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:30 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, I believe you have talked to me and others on IRC while back.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ProXimaCore
Dougal



Joined: 01 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:37 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome mate. Smile

I'd love to go to Norway one day. What's it like for biking weather throughout the year? Only thing is, I've heard it's expensive for everything over there.
____________________
Honda NSR125R -> Suzuki GSXR400R GK76a -> Kawasaki ZX636 B1H -> Honda CBR400RR NC29 -> Nothing Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

snufle
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 07 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:37 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that would be me. You guys helped me out with a clutch problem with my little brothers bike - where the simple solution was nothing more than just letting go a bit slower, and clutching more. Cheers for that.. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

snufle
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 07 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:43 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike weather in norway is dryer than in england... especially in the east - however if you go further north or to the west coast, you get harsher stuff. Problem is that we have to put our bikes in the shed over winter because you simply cant ride the roads when they are covered in ice and snow... (unless you have some medieval looking ice-stud-tyre stuff, not sure if it is legal to use those on roads anyways)

I read a review on the net somewhere about two german guys who went all the way through norway. In short they said the weather was nice until you got all the way up. They also commented on the beautiful nature, which is nice and we take for given of course... The roads were good, but that the speed limits was a bit annoying - as well as the police enforcing them. The upper speed limit on most roads here is 80km/h, and 100 on very few selected roads. Not sure what that is in mph.

And yes, it is expensive. Expect to pay around 5-6 quid for a pint of beer.

that's what I love about the UK Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School



Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:50 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the benefit of others:
80km/h = 50mph
100km/h = 60mph
(these are rough calculations).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Major_Grooves
The Doctor



Joined: 10 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:51 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Det er hyggelig a treffe deg. Jeg haper du har det bra!

I went to Oslo for New Year's Eve 2002/2003, and learnt loads of Norwegian to impress your lovely blond Norwegian ladies. We wore kilts there (it was -20C) and some people refused to believe that we /weren't/ Norwegians pretending to be Scottish! Laughing

I have a female friend who rides a Yamaha Virago near Oslo.

Welcome to the board! Very Happy
____________________
About me|@Major_Grooves|My company|Digg|Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:57 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProXimaCore wrote:

I'd love to go to Norway one day. What's it like for biking weather throughout the year?


I'm also hopeing to go on a little northern europe tour with a mate and both our girlfriends, hows the bikeing over there? any tips of where to go and when, or where not to go and when not to? Very Happy

As for the bike (presumeably you like polishing Very Happy ), I ride a late 70's honda, weird looking shaft driven beastie (allthough there are not many bikes at all that i'd swap it for)... bikes are bikes simple as. Thumbs Up Anyways its yours and its you who rides it so **** anyone who dosent like it... Nobody will give anyone flak about their bike here its not that kind of place Cool

Anyways, only thing worse than haveing no bike is haveing one and not being able to go anywhere with it, are you going to ride it back to the uk? that would be pretty cool, go on you know it makes sense Wink
____________________
>RidingSkills<->Tech Tips<->MyBikes<
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:41 - 07 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another woman eh groovesy. I'll be taking wen then.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 158 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.55 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 65.57 Kb