Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


What do I do with a troublesome company?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Graham88
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:16 - 09 Jan 2009    Post subject: What do I do with a troublesome company? Reply with quote

I bought HID lighting for my car in June 08. In December one of the ballasts became faulty and wouldn't power the lights. No problem, I have a years warranty.

So I can contact the company on the 9th December and get this:

Quote:
Hi Graham,

Please can you send the ballast back with your original invoice to:

Address


No problem, send it off 1st class recorded.

Get this email on the 12th December:

Quote:
Hi Graham,

good timing! as i just opened this e-mail the post man interuppted me with your ballast, he's actually dropped it off on his way home from work which was good of him.

I won't be able to post this the new one until Monday now because today's post has already gone so please bear with me and i'll get it to you asap.

Thanks,
Kindest Regards,


And then nothing. I've sent various emails to the company asking what's going on, with no reply. I gave the benefit of the doubt through the Christmas post, despite the fact I ordered something online on the 18th December and still got it a day later. Messaged again after Christmas to be told they weren't open until 5th January.

Annoying, but fair enough, I'll contact them then. Sent another email asking what was going on, gave my mobile number etc asked to give me a call or an email back, nothing.

Now I rang yesterday and got the answering machine, left a message explaining the situation, I was never rude, left my mobile number again and asked them to get in contact. I got nothing back.

So rang them about half an hour ago, and it just keeps ringing and ringing, tried about 5 minutes ago and it went to voicemail so I left another message.

I'm really stuck what to do now, I've never had trouble from a company before but this is really getting on my nerves now.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:20 - 09 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks, what is the name and location of the business? Someone might live near them
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Graham88
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:22 - 09 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't name the business as it hasn't come to that yet, but it's located in Manchester. Not even slightly close to me or I'd go up there! Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:00 - 09 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably gone bust.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:03 - 09 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in manchester most of the weekend, if you pm me details, and you name ill go in and get the parts for you.


CaNsA
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:59 - 09 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA_temporary wrote:
Im in manchester most of the weekend, if you pm me details, and you name ill go in and get the parts for you.


CaNsA


Awwww Nawwww CaNsA remember and keep the head this time..
Just ask for the stuff don't turn their place over...... Laughing
____________________
W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:03 - 09 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:
CaNsA_temporary wrote:
Im in manchester most of the weekend, if you pm me details, and you name ill go in and get the parts for you.


CaNsA


Awwww Nawwww CaNsA remember and keep the head this time..
Just ask for the stuff don't turn their place over...... Laughing


Cue me walking in wearing all my gear,
"Listen you fucking cunt, ill fucking cut you and your missus if you dont gimmie <enter part number here>, some acf50 and a packet of skittles. Now jog on like a good little boy. You fucking joey."

Then ill take a shit on the counter and kick his missus in the gary and spit in her sump.

Leave with parts

w00t
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:09 - 09 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could take the short cut...
Sorted Thumbs Up
____________________
W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:10 - 09 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA_temporary wrote:


Cue me walking in wearing all my gear,
"Listen you fucking cunt, ill fucking cut you and your missus if you dont gimmie <enter part number here>, some acf50 and a packet of skittles. Now jog on like a good little boy. You fucking joey."

Then ill take a shit on the counter and kick his missus in the gary and spit in her sump.

Leave with parts

w00t


You're talking my language (90% of it anyway). Thumbs Up Laughing
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:22 - 09 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than likely you'll turn up, and the place will be shut with a weeks worth of mail behind the door.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Graham88
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:46 - 09 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found an eBay account in the companies name, 24 or so negative feedback out of 3000, which isn't so bad, but they are all pretty much relating to him not getting back in contact or replacing items under warranty.

Have messaged you Cansa.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Graham88
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:38 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is still going on Rolling Eyes

I got a phonecall mid January explaining that they were catching up on the Christmas backlog, kind of fair enough, asked me for a few details and said a replacement would be sent out. Sorted.

Or so I thought. Waited a week, never came, tried ringing but it's always engaged or just never picked up.

Emailed several times and got a reply on the 6th February:

Quote:
Hi, can you confirm your name, address, purchase details and tracking number of the returned part so we can check our records.

Kindest Regards,
Martin Fance


So within 5 minutes I replied with my details.

Never got back to me, so I sent another email a couple of days later:

Quote:
Still no response. This just isn't good enough for a company. You're phone never gets answered, I'm really not happy.


Get another reply the next day:

Quote:
I will repeat, can you confirm your name, address, purchase details and tracking number of the returned part so we can check our records.

Also, our telephone lines are answered all day long constantly so you need to keep trying if you can't get through.


Sarcastic c*nt.

I replied:

Quote:
I will also repeat, as I already sent that info 5 minutes after you last asked for it.

"My details here"

I purchased a HID Ultra H4-3 Hi&Lo Beam Xenon Conversion Kit, 6000k Premium 35w cars.

Tracking number through Royal Mail is **************

However I know you received it, as you said you'd post one out in an email as you'd got it, but it's never arrived

Graham


He replied with:

Quote:
i've just looked into this issue and found that the ballast you sent hadn't been delivered hence the reason why we've not sent you a new ballast out.

You can confirm this yourself by checking the tracking number you gave on www.royalmail.com

I don't know what e-mail you say you've received but we haven't received it, unless you can prove otherwise we can't send you another ballast and you'll have to claim off Royal mail.


Well that's a load of shit, already had an email explaining he had received it. So my latest reply was:

Quote:
Martin, I have quoted this Email which you sent me on the 12th December, please don't mess me about I just want my ballast and I will leave you alone.

"Hi Graham,

good timing! as i just opened this e-mail the post man interuppted me with your ballast, he's actually dropped it off on his way home from work which was good of him.

I won't be able to post this the new one until Monday now because today's post has already gone so please bear with me and i'll get it to you asap.

Thanks,
Kindest Regards,
Martin Fance"

I think that is all the proof you need, I hope I get a ballast sent out 1st class recorded in the morning.

Graham


I have had enough, I just want my bloody ballast.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nufkamp
Traffic Copper



Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:17 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's time to stop the Mr Nice Guy act, they need a personal visit from someone big and wide.
____________________
As seen on Google Street View https://tinyurl.com/yfdvojc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Graham88
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:24 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love too go pay a personal visit, it's a shame it's in Manchester. Going up there would be acting on principles but financially not really worth it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:43 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, always use paypal/ebay if possible. In fact i don't trust many companies at all. I'm sure the smaller companies and even the bigger ones, have employees who take note of your card details.
____________________
Hit the G spot. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:46 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where abouts in Manchester are they Graham?

I'm there on Monday, if it's in the centre I can wander in and say hi.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:51 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much was it for? , was it over £200 or is it 250 .... if it is over this amount take them to small claims court, 99% of companies think that this is BS and nothing will happen , 99% of said companies don't show up and thus 99% of companies lose by default.

I believe Izzi81 who doesn't seem to be around much these days managed to take a company that owed her money to a small claims court and won by default.

If you CCJ them and they don't pay up within 2-4 weeks they get their credit score raped , and the banks and any lending company will impose some really high interest rates or just refuse credit altogether.

A few of my ex clients did this on trivial sums of money, they went bankrupt shortly after as their lines of credit dried up.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Graham88
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:26 - 13 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after my last email yesterday, I received this late last night:
Quote:
Hi,

if you would of told me this in the first place this week it would of stopped days worth of emailing so its you messing people about.

i will send a new ballast out tommorow.

Kindest Regards,
Martin Fance

So we'll see if it comes, cheeky bastard trying to say he hadn't received it. Rolling Eyes

Itchy, it's only for £100, not alot of money but it was the principle of the company thinking they can get away with skanking customers. I haven't been and certainly won't be recommending the company ever.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nufkamp
Traffic Copper



Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:54 - 14 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, time to name and shame the cheeky cnut so nobody else on here falls victim to their dubious business practices.

Spill the beans Graham.
____________________
As seen on Google Street View https://tinyurl.com/yfdvojc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:10 - 14 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't agree more, I think we deserve to be protected from these complete arseholes. Im getting a HID kit soon, I'd hate to end up being effed about like you have been Confused
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Graham88
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:08 - 14 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Company is called HID's Direct.

https://www.hids-direct.co.uk/

I have now received a new ballast and it's all working, but it took 2 months Rolling Eyes

He has no problem taking your money, and I did receive my HID's quickly originally, but when it comes to warranty, he just doesn't want to know, which is unacceptable for a professional company.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:03 - 15 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was 21 and as green as grass I bought myself a GTI and the insurance company wouldnt insure me until I had the right alarm. Anyway I got s company to come out and fit it while I was at work, all was well for the first three weeks till it packed up. I was then in the same position as you graham, fighting against a faceless company who had to do no more than not answer the phone to be rid of me. It went on for weeks and then months, having a car that I couldnt lock from the keyfob without it alarming. I had to get onto trading standards who told me to write and they had to help me within a certain time, which they didnt. The next bit of advise I got was send them a letter stating someone else would fix it and they were legally obliged to pay the bill. Hey ho, they came out within 3 days. Some of these shitbags only speak the language of the £, anything else doesnt matter to them.

Glad you got it sorted mate!
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Graham88
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:09 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly the same situation, and I hope it never happens again.

I am glad too, HID's are the nuts Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 238 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.87 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 123.29 Kb