Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


So Gutted!!!! :(

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

the_varndalls
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 03 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:55 - 11 Jan 2009    Post subject: So Gutted!!!! :( Reply with quote

Hi,

This is basically a topic about me venting out my anger!

I have recently passed my test and got a CBR600 and i also have my old NSR125.
Today i was taking the NSR to get new front and rear break pads and a new chain before selling it, but on my way there i came off.

Basically some OAP decided to pull over to the curb with out indicating, the car in front of me braked then swerved round her, i then braked with plenty of distance from the car and pulled out into the middle of the road to go round her when my front tire went out from under me! I rolled and was very close to having my head squished by a car coming the other way and my bike slid down the road.
I am ok but i wish i could say the same for my bike. Broke off the rear brake pedal and the rest of the damage was to the front faring, only problem is it has a custom paint job which makes it looks the tits, so cant just replace the faring. Now i will not get half as much as i expected for my bike and will need a new lid, boots and gloves!
I just cant belive it its bloody typical! There im done ranting its all out! Oh i loved that bike Crying or Very sad



AHHH GAY!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr Nice Guy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:15 - 11 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you didn't get your head squished Shocked

Sorry about the bike.. do you need to punt it right now, could you not keep it and fix it up bit by bit and then punt it?
____________________
Suzuki GSX-R750K4 ~ Mivv GP
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fortuna
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:34 - 11 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear that it's never nice.
Some bikers will actually question a paint job and try to knock you down on resale as it's non standard. A lot of the time they are usually done to cover an accident (not saying yours was).
I'm in the same position with the R1 and will probably sell it in the not to distant future. My bike has the Fortuna Yamaha paint scheme and I slid off it recently. The cost of redoing the paint and repairing the fairing is actually more than getting good standard second hand parts. I've decided to get the second hand parts instead as when I go to sell it, it won't call out "cover up".
Paint jobs are also a personal preferance as well. It's all something to consider.
Can you claim? If you can I would not rely on the money to fix your bike, mine took a few years to get to me when I was knocked off my old R1. Do the best you can with what you have.
Grats on passing your test and post some pictures of your CBR for us to look at. Take it easy for a while if it's your first big bike especially in this weather. If you need a riding partner ask, I'm sure someone will live near you on here who can spare an hour a couple of days.
It's nice to see you posting again, just don't take all what we say to heart!

EDIT: Just noticed you have posted in other threads, my bad. The banter is because you are a good looking girl surrounded by hormonal young (and older) men.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

the_varndalls
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 03 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:18 - 11 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i suppose i would rather my head being in tack Laughing

I will probably just sell it for less, there are a few scuffs and a few cracks, to be honest it would probably cost a but to repair and i dont really have the time to do so either. At least it wasnt my cbr i went down on. Looking on the bright side today Very Happy

Bloody hell i bet it is a lot harder getting an R1 off of the floor rather than my little NSR. How long back did you come off Fortuna and were you hurt?

I probably wont claim, its just unwanted hassel in my oppinion.

There is a photo of my CBR in this chat https://bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=164237
still not sure about the pink but as Alex-RS said i will probably get used to how the bike rides before changing it.

Although some of them may be "hormonal young (and older) men" a lot of them in my surrounding area have offered to help me, they are nice guys really Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

J D
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 11 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="the_varndalls"]
At least it wasnt my cbr i went down on.

quote]

Surprised Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rowey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:23 - 12 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear. The same thing happened to me last week. A bloke pulled out on me from a junction, I avoided hitting him, but lost the front end in the process. The bike is a bit of a state now.

I got all his details and some witnesses. The police turned up and threatened to charge him with driving without due care and attention (I'm not sure if they actually did). Hopefully his insurance will be picking up the bill. Good news is though, as no damage was done to his car, I shouldn't loose any of my no claims bonus.
____________________
ZX6R C6F.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fortuna
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:26 - 12 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdloyalroyal wrote:
the_varndalls wrote:

At least it wasnt my cbr i went down on.



Surprised Wink

See ^^^ lol.
It was slow speed but enough to do damage to the fairings. I'm not that big a built bloke and a woman who saw me come off helped me pick it up! I hurt my knee slightly but pride mainly.
I used to take my R6 out to an industrial estate late at night. Middle of nowhere it was, soon got used to it Smile
Sometimes cutting your losses is the best thing to do , there will always be someone willing to give the NSR a punt.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:37 - 12 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_varndalls wrote:

Although some of them may be "hormonal young (and older) men" a lot of them in my surrounding area have offered to help me, they are nice guys really Laughing


Don't listen or talk to jdloyalroyal. He humps everything in sight.

I know this because he has tried to hump my leg. And I don't even have boobies! Shocked

Like I've said before, Big_Ham is near and he seems to be handy Thinking

And if I was young and hormonal I wouldn't be offering someone else to go and help you Laughing

However...
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 265 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.43 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 61.78 Kb