Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Guitar Hero: World Tour

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:21 - 12 Jan 2009    Post subject: Guitar Hero: World Tour Reply with quote

So I played it for the first time last night at my friends.

Tried the guitar first, and loved it. So much better than the rockband guitar (which is shit apart from finger tapping). I haven't gotten used to the slide bar but bit of time and I will. My friend however uses it a lot and seems good.

Now onto the drums. I can't explain how fucking awesome they are. A hell of a lot better than the rockband drums. So many less notes that aren't registered. I think I got about 5 unregistered notes, in 20 songs on hard and expert. Feel so much better. My only gripe is the feel of the bass pedal. The fact that you can put it anywhere is awesome. But I do prefer the rockband pedal.

I had stupid amounts of fun on the drums compared to the Rockband set. And now, I really realy want to get it for the Wii or the PS3 (which is borrowed long term atm and I will be getting one soon anyways)

Played it on the 360. Really good fun!

How many people ahve it on the Wii or PS3? That will probably settle my mind!
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Method
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:23 - 13 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got it on Wii.

Drums are awsome, however i had to send mine back because they were dropping so many yellow cymbal hits. They seemed fine until a few days ago when they started playing up again, but im just going to deal with it now, cant be bothered to go for highscores any more.

My guitar strum bar also played but, so im just using the free bass guitar i got with the pack (basically the old GH3 guitar). That works fine, no need for the touchy strip, its a waste of time because you cant implement it how they wanted it to - but should be good when they develop it more.

When you decide what console - get yourself onto ScoreHero.com and sort yourself out with an account, start putting in your scores to see how good you actually are Wink

Personally i love the game, its not as good as GH3 was, but hey - they've got a lot of new things in this one. My only problem with GHWT is the song list. Theres what, over 80 songs? At least 80% of them are crap in comparison to the songs that were in GH3. Me thinks they should have gone for quality over quantity personally, also their DLC selection is crap compared to rockband.
____________________
CBT Aug '03 ... Gilera GSM 50 ... Honda NSR 125 Aug '04 ...
Full Test Dec 04... Suzuki GS500 Jan 05... Suzuki SV650 Mar 07... Gixxer 6 K5 May 08... Oh and my 'Rado Wink
My Bikepics.com - No Brakes, No Gears... No Fear.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:00 - 13 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a bit disappointed with world tour, it's easier than GH3. I was playing the songs on hard with no issues at all so I went straight into expert and I was completing songs without much hassle, songs I'd never played before. On GH3 if I tried a song on expert it would take me a few times to just finish the song let alone do well.

So either I've gotten a lot better in the 4 month period in which I haven't played guitar hero, or world tour is just easier.
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:43 - 13 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Method wrote:
Stuff


Hmmm... Maybe it's a thing to do with the Wii? The drums were spot on the 360. Didn't really notice any missed notes tbf...

Guitar was awesome but my friend did void the warranty. He and a friend dismantled it becaue the sturm bar made some noise... Can't actually describe it now. but they dismantled it and they put a bit of grease on the inside of it and it stopped the noise. It clicks nicely and has been perfect. I think you just need practise with the slide bar. MY friend's pretty good at it and he's had it 2 days! Laughing

I can't comment too much on the song list, but I think it's better than the RB song list tbf, and I haven't played all or even most. I love how you can have a 6 set song list.

Also, RB doens't have D/L content on the Wii Wink You have to buy song packs, which tbh, is a complete waste of money. 25 quid for 20 something songs? Roughly same price as online content yes, but I want about 4 of those songs... Neutral

I won't say it's better than GH3 as I haven't played the whole game yet... but I like it Smile


ncrn wrote:
I was a bit disappointed with world tour, it's easier than GH3. I was playing the songs on hard with no issues at all so I went straight into expert and I was completing songs without much hassle, songs I'd never played before. On GH3 if I tried a song on expert it would take me a few times to just finish the song let alone do well.

So either I've gotten a lot better in the 4 month period in which I haven't played guitar hero, or world tour is just easier.


I'm not sure about that... I went straight to expert on the guitar and yes I could complete songs and hit over 93% notes hit easily... but they weren't exactly hard songs. Like I've said before it's definately harder than RB, and the note charts are much much better. But meh. Tbh, There's only one challenging song on the guitar on Expert on RB. And that's the final "impossible" song. I can complete it with my friend on the drums, but it is hard. On my own i get about 75% of the way through. On the drums, I've completed all but 2 songs. Completed The Who. But Foreplay/Longimte I just can't seem to hit! (beginning part anyways)... and there was one other...

GH:WT is far better and more challenging than RB (especially on the drums). I can't sya much for GH3, but GH3 guitar parts are a hell of a lot better than RB guitar parts. Except for awesome finger tapping solos. Cool
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:32 - 13 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not played rock band since it came out so I can't really comment on its difficulty, but in comparison to gh3 (which I was playing earlier) its definitely gotten easier which is a shame. I would like to own world tour but I don't own a console and I have hardly any money so I'm gonna have to wait for next year when I'm on placement.
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:48 - 13 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB is much much easier.

A song by the Strokes...(can't remember which now) it's both on GH3 and RB. And GH3 it's far far more challenging, especially through the chorus. And just well.. it's not that hard. And I hate the strum bar on RB Mad
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Method
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:21 - 15 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB is easier and more fun when you start, as soon as you play for a bit GH takes over.

GH Metallica is going to rock, i cant wait - double bass!

There was a problem with a lot of early drum sets, like i said i got mine replaced but now its starting to play up again so may need to get the sensitivity tool out again Rolling Eyes

But yeah, GH:Metallica - Hopefully will have sorted out the glitched charts, and the crappy slide bar to something you can actually use - should be good! Oh yeah, and great songs!
____________________
CBT Aug '03 ... Gilera GSM 50 ... Honda NSR 125 Aug '04 ...
Full Test Dec 04... Suzuki GS500 Jan 05... Suzuki SV650 Mar 07... Gixxer 6 K5 May 08... Oh and my 'Rado Wink
My Bikepics.com - No Brakes, No Gears... No Fear.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Method
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:23 - 16 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have it on the wii?

If so - up for a battle tonight or anything?
____________________
CBT Aug '03 ... Gilera GSM 50 ... Honda NSR 125 Aug '04 ...
Full Test Dec 04... Suzuki GS500 Jan 05... Suzuki SV650 Mar 07... Gixxer 6 K5 May 08... Oh and my 'Rado Wink
My Bikepics.com - No Brakes, No Gears... No Fear.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 272 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 1.17 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 66.99 Kb