Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Ignorance is Bliss?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Chriss
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:49 - 23 Jan 2009    Post subject: Ignorance is Bliss? Reply with quote

With everything that's happening in the world, and the amount I get screwed over by various companies or the government, it makes me think, so I wish I was ignorant, so I'd stop getting so wound up about it? I'm actually getting to be quite an angry and depressed character! Does anyone else kind of wish they were just ignorant to the world, as the masses seem to be? Is it just me dreaming of being happy?

I kind of kick myself for writing "Liars" over my voting slip every time, but if I did vote properly, would anything change? Can it change? Will anything make it change?
____________________
TheShaggyDA: I've got 3 or 4 pairs that predate my wife, so at least 11.5 years old.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:56 - 23 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a shit-house world run by shit-house degenerates intelligence is a curse.

Anywhere else it's a blessing.
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer



Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:54 - 23 Jan 2009    Post subject: Re: Ignorance is Bliss? Reply with quote

Chriss wrote:
With everything that's happening in the world, and the amount I get screwed over by various companies or the government, it makes me think, so I wish I was ignorant, so I'd stop getting so wound up about it? I'm actually getting to be quite an angry and depressed character! Does anyone else kind of wish they were just ignorant to the world, as the masses seem to be? Is it just me dreaming of being happy?

I kind of kick myself for writing "Liars" over my voting slip every time, but if I did vote properly, would anything change? Can it change? Will anything make it change?


Look at it from the flip side - the reason you get annoyed is because you read the papers etc presumably? If that's the case, try to remember that sensationalist journalism sets out to do one thing, and that's not to keep you informed.

If you had the whole story, perhaps you'd be slightly less wound up and you could come to some sort of agreement with what the proposed course of action was.

Moreover, if you're that frustrated by it - you could always set out to try to make a difference in the world by getting involved with local politics etc, instead of just becoming disillusioned Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:58 - 23 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well look at it this way, if the shit really does go down, being ignorant and unaware is an extremely happy state, right until the moment they put a bullet in the back of your head.

Don't let it get you down. I like to look at the very dark and black humour of it all. You couldn't write satire this good.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith



Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:04 - 28 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching a video posted by Itchy, which gave a crash course on how the modern economy worked, combined with my experiences of living in Asia (i.e. seeing what happens when booming populated nations become industrialised) and now seeing how much debt this country is in has left me trying to avoid reading/watching the news as it is just depressing. We're f*cked, plain and simple.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:46 - 28 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing you are going to die soon, not sure when but you know that your days are numbered what do you do?

Call every one arses, that you are no longer for this world, mope around in gloom and doom, tell everyone else that they too will die one day?
Or

Get on with life, enjoy the time you have got, make the memories good for others?

The end result will be the same. Just depends on if you are a strong person or not on how you deal it.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:56 - 28 Jan 2009    Post subject: Re: Ignorance is Bliss? Reply with quote

Chriss wrote:
I kind of kick myself for writing "Liars" over my voting slip every time, but if I did vote properly, would anything change? Can it change? Will anything make it change?


No because no matter who is in power, its always the same outcome..

Anyway the real power is weilded by the mandrins who are not voted into power, and lick their way to the top. Shocked


I now look on life with a half full glass view. Thumbs Up

I've enjoyed the top half and i don't care what happens i' going to enjoy the 2nd half too Laughing
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

silky666
Captain Rulebook



Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:08 - 28 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should see the cleaner bloke from our office though .. god what a thick donut .. lol

God how we have laughed at him for the past few years.
He strolls around at the pace of a snail ... mouth open ... vacant look on his face ... .... greet him in the morning and you get a slow " 'ello" .... ask him about life or politics or science and he simply grins and says "I dont really fink about it ".

We dont do it to his face of course.. . because that would be cruel .. but he is a muppet:

Oh how we laugh at his simple ways and how he doesnt rush about ... doesnt strive to excel..... isnt really bothered about the politics or what his peers think .... doesnt get stressed if something isnt quite right .... isnt constantly having to stop some snide little hitler character screw him over in the office .... doesnt take his work home... worried about what the future holds... constantly thinking about the impact of what he has done... or the impact of what others are doing.

I mean.. I bet he isnt even getting stomach problems and heart palpitations because of the stress ...... ... oh how we laugh at him when he is asked if he is happy and he replies "yeah" .. and then ask him if he likes his job and he replies "its ok .. no one bothers me much and I like walking about the offices ".

Wait a f*cking minute ... hes genuinely happy ... not just saying it .. you can see it in his eyes .. hes fookin HAPPY and CONTENT with life.

I have been saying this for the past 5 years mate ... its an age thing I reckon .. you hit 30 and it slowly dawns on you.

I dont want to be retarded .. just a bit simple .. thats all i ask !
____________________
There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Gaffa tape.

Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:04 - 29 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sadly beginning to think like Marvin the Android. 'Brain the size of a planet and all they want me to do is XYZ'.

As my sig should still say (hopefully), happiness is the reserve of the stupid sadly.

We're all fucked. Totally. Like others I tend to avoid watching the news. The sudden realisation that money, governments and law are all fictitious and plastic entities... well that irritated me.

Which is why I intend to escape England as soon as possible. Flee to somewhere hot and be amongst my kindred spirits away from media. I've lived like it many times, and its bliss. You focus on the there and then, the who and the what. Admittedly a less bohemian group might have been better, but one things for sure. Britain is killing my inner child. Rapidly.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

silky666
Captain Rulebook



Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:09 - 29 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:

Which is why I intend to escape England as soon as possible. Flee to somewhere hot .


See this is where I get miffed / jealous.
I had my chance when I was in my 20's .. travelled Australia and Asia for over a year... then came back ... I missed good old blighty.

Now I am stuck ... I would love to raise my children somewhere away from where I think this place is going/gone.
But I am too old to make the move ... places like Australia and Canada just dont want some washed up, cynical old fart like me Sad

Maybe I will start a new thread asking for advice on how to get f*ck out. Thinking
____________________
There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Gaffa tape.

Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:09 - 29 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

silky666 wrote:

Maybe I will start a new thread asking for advice on how to get f*ck out. Thinking


Tunnel Wink Job done.

To be honest, depending on the age of your kids there are plenty of other places to go to. Depends on your trade. Don't get so zoned in to oz/NZ/asia etc. Anywhere is better then this toilet.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

silky666
Captain Rulebook



Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:34 - 29 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:

To be honest, depending on the age of your kids there are plenty of other places to go to. Depends on your trade. Don't get so zoned in to oz/NZ/asia etc. Anywhere is better then this toilet.

Yeah I know that I could look at other options .. but my thinking is that its difficult enough picking up sticks with a family, let alone having to learn a new language.
But your right ... almost any civilised country (is there such a thing ?) is better that the way this place if heading.

Oh! I meant to ask .. why are we whispering ?

____________________
There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Gaffa tape.

Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:40 - 29 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

silky666 wrote:


Oh! I meant to ask .. why are we whispering ?


Because I didn't want to ruin the impact of the tunnel joke.

And to see if you'd do it too Razz

____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:04 - 29 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPEAK UP, NOBODY CAN HEAR YOU! Rolling Eyes
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:14 - 30 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
SPEAK UP, NOBODY CAN HEAR YOU! Rolling Eyes


Hey old guy, your hearing aid is busted Laughing
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pigmo
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:12 - 31 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tolerate it and watch your childrens lives wrecked before they get a chance to live.

Ignorance is bliss.....for now.
____________________
Europes a cummin' - Lou Bupp and Ben Dover
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:10 - 31 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignorance can be bliss, but sometimes you tend to get more a case of people pissing on your head and telling you its raining.

If you arent capable of challenging their version of events, you can be pushed into taking roles in life that suit other people.

Taking an interest in events on a world stage, does make you more aware of the realities that life isnt fair, and people can be evil and self-serving while believing that they are doing the right thing.

Ignorance may be bliss, but you may end up not in control of your life.

Awareness may not bring you the motivation and skills to change your lot in life, but its a start.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 254 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.14 Sec - Server Load: 0.55 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 103.14 Kb