Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


We all know Ped-Bois are nobs...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:00 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: We all know Ped-Bois are nobs... Reply with quote

But then again most of us were Ped-Bois ourselves.
What kind of stupid chavishness did you get up to?
Me... Ran a KTM Ped into the back of a parked car whilst racing my mate. flew over car roof and landed in the road. My bolloxs were almost ripped off by the petrol cap/handlebars. Told the cops I swerved for a cat.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

flat spot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:13 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racing my mate on my TS50ER, lost it on a bend and broke and dislocated my right hand thumb.
Rode to hospital the next day where they pulled it back then plastered my arm up to the elbow. Shocked
Had the ride home with my jacket only half on and using my left hand on the throttle with my big white arm flailing in the wind. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Suitor_Stu
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 19 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:20 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was 17 I rented a scooter when Island hopping in Greece (obviously with no license) and proceeded to ride well outwith my limits (which to be fair having only ever ridden my grandpa's scooter and crashed it too, my limits were not too much!) everywhere - with someone riding pillion half the time.

After an ill thought-out plan to get a bottle of Jagermeister from the town nearest our camp-site on Naxos we decided to have a race back and funnily enough i overshot a corner badly and ended up on the other side of the road where I saw a car coming towards me. I panic braked and lost the scoot from under me - which proceeded to slide under the car and get written off. I meanwhile slid down the road, wearing my abrasion resistant shorts and t-shirt thus pretty much skinning about an 8inch steak sized chunk of my right arm amongst less nasty scrapes on every other exposed surface (have an amazing pic of both the totaled scoot and my wounds somewhere - will see if I can dig em out). My pillion got off lightly because they landed on me!

This was where the police got involved and promptly found out that I had no license and therefore no insurance. Cue spending the night in a Greek police station after a short trip to the hospital to have my wounds cleaned with iodine (no dressings though which always confused me!) and then a difficult call to the parents asking to borrow their credit card to pay for the £1600 worth of damages to both car and scooter (and given that the last thing they told me not to do when I was leaving was rent a scooter they weren't too pleased!). After leaving the police station we promptly got the next boat off the island (how else did we get to the port but on the the other 2 scooters we also had rented from the same place - even though by this time the guy knew we didn't have licenses!) so as to avoid any further contact. Spent the last week of the holiday in agony and unable to go into the sun cause the wound on my arm would dry out too easily.

Later that year (when I got back from uni for Christmas) I got a citation for the 'One Man Underage Court of Naxos' - which sounds Monty-Pythonesque to me - to go face my charges. I never did.

Needless to say, I've never been back to Greece since, and it took me about 3 years to get back on a 2 wheeled form of transport! But I'm much more sensible now...I think...

Stu
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:35 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mate spent a few days in Greek prisons in Kos. He thought he was really hard as well, dear god never seen anyone so blubbery lol Laughing

As for me, well we used to go on the massive ped outings. Mine still restricted, everyone else de-res (I was on a gpr50, them on scootays) and general side by side nonsense. I got bored very quickly, got derestricted and used to leave them for dead Laughing

I did use to do those weird little pop up wheelies that bed boys do. You know where you stay still, then give the bike a little hipthrust when you dump the clutch. Pops the front up a foot or so... WHEELIE Laughing

Embarassed
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Charlie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:20 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

About to leave a friends house (who I was trying to get with at the time) and asked if they wanted to see a wheelie...

Doing the little trick that bonny said, as in push up as you open the throttle on a scooter.

Anyway did that, scooter went vertical I feel off the back however on to my feet with my hands still on the bars. So I brought it down on to its wheels and put it on its stand. Snapped the L-plate and buggered the read faring. Needless to say, I never got with the girl, however she did find it hilarious.

Another on a big scooter outing, about 8 of us are out ragging shit out of the peds on some fun back roads. We stop at the top of this hill, very long steep hill so everyone was up for seeing how fast their peds will go. I warn everyone that there is a sharp hair pen bend at the end.

So me having the slowest ped I was at the back of the group, they all went off and got 60mph or whatever speeds mopeds did 3 years ago. I come round this corner to find all of them on the wrong side of the road nearly in the hedge. I thought it was brilliant Laughing
____________________
Past: Honda x8rs, Honda City fly, Honda Hornet 250, Honda VFR750, Yamaha xt600e.
Current: Honda CBR929RR & Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pyx_e
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:38 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living in darkest rural South West Wales and the proud owner of a C70 (never knowingly put any oil in it). I once (well more than once but on this occassion) got very drunk in the local pub, rode out of the car park at about 9.30 p.m. and could not make up my mind to go left (home) or right (girlfriend). By the time my cider sodden synapses had opted for ..........you guessed right/girlfirend I was doing 25 mph and one foot from the hedge. Bike reared up, I fell off the back and landed spread eagled while the bike carried on its trajectory crashing back to earth. Straight into my nuts. The whole pub was watching and I got a standing ovation.
____________________
Shiney!
Kawasaki: ER5, Versys, VN900.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:53 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suitor_Stu wrote:
Some stuff about peds in Greece


That takes me back to Kos airport, everytime I flew from there I would see some scabby person with a broken arm/leg and so tan that had obviously had a hire bike for a few days waiting to be repatriated.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevoriv
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:04 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have to get a scooter shortly, I missed out on all this by jumping straight onto a sports 600. Sad
____________________
Past: '96 Thundercat, '02 ZX636R (A1P), '58 KTM 690 SM LC4 Current: '06 ZX636R (C6F)
Mudskipper wrote: Someone just has to sig that...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Method
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:09 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never realy did anything like that on my 50. I had a supermotard thing so never did any of the scooter things, and my 50 would leave them all for dead because it had gears...

Only stupid thing i did on my 50 was embark on a 20mile ride, only to break down 10miles away from my house because the darn thing had overheated.

Pathetic!
____________________
CBT Aug '03 ... Gilera GSM 50 ... Honda NSR 125 Aug '04 ...
Full Test Dec 04... Suzuki GS500 Jan 05... Suzuki SV650 Mar 07... Gixxer 6 K5 May 08... Oh and my 'Rado Wink
My Bikepics.com - No Brakes, No Gears... No Fear.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

daemonoid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

flat spot wrote:
Racing my mate on my TS50ER


TS50ER - the best name for a ped I've ever seen... an anagram of the rider! Laughing
____________________
current: ducati monster 750
past: hyosung gt250r, bajaj pulsar 180, hyosung gt 125 comet
@thomasgarrard | www.straitjkt.com | www.racingseven.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MattHirst
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a fairly sensible ped-boi, only time i rode in a group was coming home from the 'training centre' (its like a college but just practical stuff, where i trained to be a machinist). As most of the ped-bois there lived near me, so we'd all ride home like a bunch of chavs Laughing

Although i did crash into the back of a car, i declared that accident the year after, only to find out she didn't claim (long live tacky cavaliers! Laughing )

Did ride from the training centre to snooker (brighouse to bradford) as i did every friday with a mate (he drove) in 18 inch of snow Very Happy
____________________
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's bloody hilarious!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:57 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to think I was invincible on my DT125 overtaking on tight twisties with oncoming cars, 80 regularly through all the 30 zones, constant wheelies around town. Eventually it caught up with me and I spent 5 days in hospital, 6 months recovering from a broken leg and then my CBT ran out...not 'legally' ridden a bike on the roads since.

Can't beat the 50/125 days on L plates though, there was always gangs of us hooning about Thumbs Up
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TheDonUK
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:12 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i said in the other thread, feet on pillion pegs, assume the racing crouch, and then randomly roll off the throttle and back on the simulate the sound of a gear change Laughing

I couldent wheelie my Runner because it was a 4 stroke and i was shit so instead of wheeling to impress my mates i would lay right back on the seat, head by the rear light and feet on the handlebars and just ride for a long time like that Shocked

Also once on the edgeware road it was quite busy and being an impatient twat i decided to cain it down the inside between the slowly moving traffic and the illegally parked cars, yes you guessed it, a massive merc door swung open by some arab guy who left the country the next day, i superman'd over the top and got taken to hospital, with luckily just some bruising, the ped probably saved my leg. It took 2 1/2 years to get half the value back for that ped...

And general twattishness, but its all a learning curve, you start out with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience and the trick is filling the back of experience before your luck runs out... Thumbs Up
____________________
[Current Bikes - GSXR-750 K5 & C90-97 ] [Previous Bikes: Runner 125, YBR 125, GS500, Bandit 600, Hornet 600, ZX6R-99, C90-99, R1-99, XT600E-04, GSXR-750 K4, CRF250L '16]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:33 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dischord wrote:
constant wheelies around town.


Lies. I saw your wheelies, great though they were... all about 10mph speed. That don't count Wink
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

steppen22
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:10 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattHirst wrote:
I was a fairly sensible ped-boi, only time i rode in a group was coming home from the 'training centre' (its like a college but just practical stuff, where i trained to be a machinist). As most of the ped-bois there lived near me, so we'd all ride home like a bunch of chavs Laughing

Although i did crash into the back of a car, i declared that accident the year after, only to find out she didn't claim (long live tacky cavaliers! Laughing )

Did ride from the training centre to snooker (brighouse to bradford) as i did every friday with a mate (he drove) in 18 inch of snow Very Happy


Love that film.
____________________
no regrets, no retreat, no apology.
I've made mistakes in the past, and I apologise for FUCK ALL.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Moonie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:17 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never done anything nearly as stupid as most of the people who are sick of the immature little ped-bois Rolling Eyes


The stupidesr thing I think I've done is learned how to stand up wheelie the GPR, something it is clearly not meant to do, then do it repetitively. (This actually was on a private road)
____________________
Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MattHirst
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:36 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

steppen22 wrote:

Love that film.


Care to enlighten? Confused
____________________
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's bloody hilarious!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Charlie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:42 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember a friend fitted a lorry horn to his ped. Fooking loud it was, but it made the steering a bit iffy, if he turned it to one side too much it would lock in that position. Queue him going round a corner, it locked and he was stood up bouncing up and down to realise it, while trying to go round a corner and not hit an oncoming car.

Fun times Razz
____________________
Past: Honda x8rs, Honda City fly, Honda Hornet 250, Honda VFR750, Yamaha xt600e.
Current: Honda CBR929RR & Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Suitor_Stu
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 19 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:01 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

1930 Ariel wrote:
Suitor_Stu wrote:
Some stuff about peds in Greece


That takes me back to Kos airport, everytime I flew from there I would see some scabby person with a broken arm/leg and so tan that had obviously had a hire bike for a few days waiting to be repatriated.


Yeah, pretty much everyone we spoke to after the event would point to the wounds and say 'Scooter?' - obviously goes on all the time. The guy was willing to let us hire 250cc 2T manual crossers, but it was our own sense that stopped us from doing it (well that and the fact that none of us even had any idea which way the gear lever operated!) so we got the peds instead...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Matthie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:37 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to low side whilest KD on my GPR 50. Laughing

Other stupid things I did on my 50? Ran from the police, gave pillions and once with no pillion pegs, pulled my mate on his push bike up to 50mph, lots of burnouts, rolling burnouts in the wet through town, riding home at 8am after all nighter in the woods over the limit in alot of different areas, setting off speed camera with no plate and riding with no exhaust and plate, riding to the shops with a mate when I had no exhaust on and I am sure there is alot more. Neutral

I did alot of stupid stuff... Neutral


Roll on the 600! Laughing
____________________
***Previous: GPR50, FZ750 *** Current: Monkey bike, yella SV 650 Smile ***

Tutton says: I hate random hardons, they are so weird...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:44 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how the 16 year olds come on here going;

"Well I don't think I've ever done anything as stupid as you lot"

Newsflash, at 16 it didn't feel stupid Wink
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SoND
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:00 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrying pillions, racing around parks and estates, letting friends have a goes on it. All very bright ideas.
____________________
Go back to bed - You have no rights - "Streetfighters ~ Mainstream motorcycling's crackwhore sister."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:17 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rope from back of CB250 tied to spade handle, I stood on spade held handle and skied at 40 mph. Did the same with steel shod clogs as well. Mr. Green
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tutton
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:33 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done the miniture standup wheelies getting about 2foot off the ground and dropping down, and the endo/stoppies, although it was a stupid fvcking thing to do as it wasnt worth the amount of money it costs to get forkseals done when they pop from abusing it too much. Lesson learnt there, if i get something bigger i intend on wheelying anywhere get some heavy duty seals Laughing

Gave mates backies, usually down footpaths at night, (cough private lol) Think thats about it for me, i dont try to make out i did things silly or new because its all been done before aint it..
____________________
Past: '05 Peugeot XPS '99 Aprillia RS125 '94 FZR600R
Current: '02 ZX636 A1P '51 CCM R30
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suitor_Stu
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 19 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:34 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

1930 Ariel wrote:
Rope from back of CB250 tied to spade handle, I stood on spade held handle and skied at 40 mph. Did the same with steel shod clogs as well. Mr. Green


If we include stupid things done with cars too we used to do something similar except hanging onto an open boot door and skating along on a skateboard with no trucks - we got some smoke from the board once or twice Laughing . Maybe not quite as extreme as yours Ariel (our personal best speed was an indicated 30mph), but still should not be the actions of someone who has suffered road rash - the board did have a habbit of suddenly gaining traction and stopping dead leaving you to do a sort of cartoon-esque quick few steps as you tried to match the speed at which you were moving!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 243 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.16 Sec - Server Load: 0.53 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 140.5 Kb