Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Whosthedaddy becomes Whosthepedboi

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:04 - 02 Feb 2009    Post subject: Whosthedaddy becomes Whosthepedboi Reply with quote

With a need for a mode of transport into the city for work and prices of second hand cars and bikes being stupid I started to get a little twitchy about ever being on two wheels again. We've done well so far to start almost from scratch and with a reluctance to get any major HP on a new bike the budget seemed to get smaller and smaller by the day.

I was going to look at an old 1995 ZX6R but one final look was at a Yamaha dealer and an hour later I walked (or is that rode) out with a new bike...a YW100.

Its a model that isn't on the Parkers price guide or even MCN if I remember so maybe not sold in the EU?

https://w4.bikepics.com/pics/2009%5C02%5C01%5Cbikepics-1558034-800.jpg

Clicky

I've seen a few of these out and about and thought they look different from the norm and certainly better than a cheap Chinese 50cc ped.

100cc 2 stoke engine pulls nicely, up to 90kph until I realised that the limit was only 60 Embarassed. I've been told that they will go faster with no real mods. A different exhaust is going to be the first if I get started as its a little unsightly. Its got semi knobblies on that again in time will be changed to slicker tyres as the chance of rain and ice is almost minimal.

Cost wise, $2990 new but with insurance, tax, registration and a HJC helmet $3500, so maybe £2000 for an 08 scooter (ex demo) with 100 miles on the clock.

https://w4.bikepics.com/pics/2009%5C02%5C01%5Cbikepics-1558036-800.jpg

https://w4.bikepics.com/pics/2009%5C02%5C01%5Cbikepics-1558035-800.jpg

https://w4.bikepics.com/pics/2009%5C02%5C01%5Cbikepics-1558033-800.jpg

I would also like to annoy everyone back in blighty that I rode home in shorts and T shirt as its 39 degrees at the moment and mighty fine it was too. Add me to the flip flop watch please. Very Happy
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:37 - 02 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chav!!!!! Wink

Where are your Adidas poppers?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:30 - 02 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigs23 wrote:
Chav!!!!! Wink

Where are your Adidas poppers?


Had on some Camo Adidas Tennis shoes, does that count?

Only problem I've had is getting used to the auto box and hill starts, in time I'll learn to just give it some beans as there is a little lag before the bike starts moving unlike easing the clutch out a little to feel the bite.

Sounds like a leaf blower too. Laughing
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chillpill
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:21 - 02 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

well those people liead to you , i had a ped with the smae engine thats got in it and it did 60mph

bit of modding later , flowed and matched cases , wider reedblock with carbon reeds , techniwank expansion chamber , 22mm carb , modded airbox , 120 malossi borekit and ligtened rollers and it was just pushing 70 Neutral
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chillpill
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:24 - 02 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah forgot to ask , wheelied it yet ? Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:25 - 02 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillpill wrote:
oh yeah forgot to ask , wheelied it yet ? Laughing


See thread in random banter for technique. Laughing
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:38 - 02 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillpill wrote:
ligtened rollers and it was just pushing 70 Neutral


I thought lighter for acceleration, heavier for speed?


WTD, I guess the monkey bike helped you on the way. When I go on my kids moped I feel really out of control with the throttle pinned at 40 let alone 55mph. The wheels are too small, might as well fit two smarties to the thing.

£2000 for a scooter sounds expensive but never having brought one I wouldn't really have an idea? How much was the insurance?
____________________
https://www.metacafe.com/watch/1972097/how_to_behave_on_a_forum/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chillpill
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:46 - 02 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichy wrote:
chillpill wrote:
ligtened rollers and it was just pushing 70 Neutral


I thought lighter for acceleration, heavier for speed?


WTD, I guess the monkey bike helped you on the way. When I go on my kids moped I feel really out of control with the throttle pinned at 40 let alone 55mph. The wheels are too small, might as well fit two smarties to the thing.


lighter roller let the bike rev higher and therefore give more accelration , all heavyer rollers do is put the auto transmission into a high gear too soon and youll crawl up to top speed. the only time youll lose out on power with lighter rollers is if you put insanley light rollers in and it revs its balls off

2000 is quite expenisve , any reason you decided to buy new and not second hand daddio ?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:48 - 02 Feb 2009    Post subject: Re: Whosthedaddy becomes Whosthepedboi Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
I walked (or is that rode) out with a new bike...

I believe the correct adjective is 'flounced' Wink.


Last edited by G on 23:21 - 02 Feb 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chillpill
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:51 - 02 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Ham wrote:
chillpill wrote:
oh yeah forgot to ask , wheelied it yet ? Laughing


See thread in random banter for technique. Laughing


cant find it Confused or ive missed something Laughing

my excuse is im tired from playing in the snow all day Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:11 - 02 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillpill wrote:
Big_Ham wrote:
See thread in random banter for technique. Laughing


cant find it Confused or ive missed something Laughing

my excuse is im tired from playing in the snow all day Laughing


Clicky
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chillpill
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:18 - 02 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

im that much of a tard i posted in it and didnt even realise Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:41 - 02 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a bunch of Pedi mates to ride with yet?
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SlimRick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:44 - 02 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like it - if I was a girl I might consider getting one. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:31 - 03 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillpill wrote:
well those people liead to you , i had a ped with the smae engine thats got in it and it did 60mph


Speed in these parts is in kph not mph so 80kph = 50mph.

The locals stick to the speed limits quite religiously even when marked as 25kph with no one around and for no apparent reason.

New or used, it was an ex demo (with 145km on the clocks) first registered in my name. What does that make it? I needed a bike sooner rather than later, could have waited for a new one to be ordered but the one on display was more than what I wanted.

Embarassed

Sorry, the cost new is only £1350. Registration, fees / tax (or god knows what else) and the helmet were chucked in too and cost me a total of £1570.

(Not quite got the hang of this damn conversion rate, must learn to guestimate better)

Insurance was stupid on certain websites and ridiculously cheap in comparison on others. Managed to get insurance FC for £73 a year. I don't think that not having a local licence has made much of a difference as no one seems to check NCB earned its just word of mouth.

Feel quite exposed when on the road as not got a tank to lean on or grip with the knees but not a bad riding position and don't get too bounced about.

Haven't managed to get any nods yet, not sure they do that here but then again HD are kings of the road and everywhere.

Wheelies, no, not yet...
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:14 - 03 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:

The locals stick to the speed limits quite religiously even when marked as 25kph with no one around and for no apparent reason.


It's the damn sneaky, unmarked mobile camera units that do it. Beware any parked 4WD/Van at the side of the road.

Whosthedaddy wrote:
(Not quite got the hang of this damn conversion rate, must learn to guestimate better)


Just half the dollar amount and take a bit more off. $35 approx 15 squid etc. Thumbs Up

Whosthedaddy wrote:
Haven't managed to get any nods yet, not sure they do that here


No, they don't, the miserable buggers. I have also stopped nodding now.

Have you stopped laughing at the bikes who just sit in solid traffic yet? It still amuses me. The muppets.

I quite like those scoots tbh - I thought they are also sold under the 'Bug' brand name, but I could be wrong.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:52 - 03 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I have resisted the urge to filter as virtually no one here does it and don't want to be singled out as a hooligan as I already do the green light drag race with cars.

I've seen plenty of bikes being paddled through a red light and round a junction before before feet up and away they go. I'm not talking about the junctions that you go if clear anyways, busy intersections.

The rules of the road are strange with some which I like an others I don't.

I got a parking ticket in the car for facing the opposite way to other cars when parked? There argument is that its dangerous and means that I have driven on the wrong side of the road to get there? $33 thank you very much. Ticket Warden said that the Police will fine a lot more if they catch you and 'its the same in the UK I imagine'. In 12 years on the road I've never heard of that one.

Drive on the left but seem to drive in any lane with none being faster or slower than the next. A lot of middle lane driving with shed loads of under and overtaking going on. When turning onto a road there seems to be an abundance of slip roads on the right so enter from the fast lane of traffic.

Postman on the little Honda mopeds riding on the pavement, not very slowly either. Not a bad job I suppose bar the heat, no walking and smallish bags to contend with.
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Al
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:21 - 03 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty cool Cool
Its like a larger cc Yamaha B/Wizz, 50mph sounds alright, my Vespa only does 55-60mph and its got a whole 25cc extra.

When are you gonna take it along the 'Great Ocean Road'? Smile

Hope you're enjoying your move to Oz, I see you're having a bit of a heatwave in South Australia!
Have you got to terms with the slang? Just remember to include the words, Dude! Far Out! Too easy, Mate. in every sentence and you'll be fine Thumbs Up
____________________
Yamaha FZR400RR 3tj
My Instagram Thingy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:08 - 03 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al wrote:
Hope you're enjoying your move to Oz, I see you're having a bit of a heatwave in South Australia!


I was looking at his profile which said Essex wondering what the f*ck was going on. Why's he talking dollars and posting pics of imports? Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 241 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.88 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 111.63 Kb