Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


State of the country

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:48 - 04 Feb 2009    Post subject: State of the country Reply with quote

In light of the sheer volume of threads based around the premise that this country's a toilet, I ask a serious question to those with the accusation:

What are YOU doing about it?

Look at things on a smaller scale. Imagine you're in the pub with a mate and he's complaining that he's being screwed over at work. Most people would have no hesitation in telling him to get a new job and leave. A different mate tells you that his girlfriend is cheating on him, so you tell him to dump the cheating bitch. Now scale up (a long way, granted) until you reach your relationship with this country. I hear a lot of people, with a lot of talk, and very little action.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that there are problems with this country and some affect me more than others. Having said that, I also accept that I'm in a position to pick up and try my luck elsewhere if I want to. However, I realise that the grass is not always greener and that destination XYZ is likely to provide a whole different set of issues that I had never considered simply because they don't exist here.

The way I see it, as an individual, you have a finite number of possible actions:

1. Hope that your vote will make a difference.
2. Pursue political office.
3. Leave the country.
4. Engage in peaceful protest (inc. charity work etc).
5. Engage in illegal ventures against the state.

On a personal level, I have little faith in any of the above and I do none of them. I reckon that limits the amount of whinging I should be permitted to make. To clarify that last statement; sure there should be freedom of speech. I pay my taxes and I'm a British citizen, so I reserve to right to say what I like. But should I complain about something so much, when there are clearly options available that haven't been taken? Nah. The simple fact is that none of this country's issues affect, or rile, me enough to get too upset over (and I fully understand it's a selfish viewpoint). If anything was likely to tip me over a methaphorical edge it'd probably be a traffic law of some description.

So, back to my original question;
What are YOU doing about it?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SoND
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:25 - 04 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raising awareness where ever I can and preparing myself for a shitstorm. I can't see the next few years being easy and I'm not sure what it will bring.
____________________
Go back to bed - You have no rights - "Streetfighters ~ Mainstream motorcycling's crackwhore sister."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:26 - 04 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what happening to you i guess, or whats effecting you.

So given the options above for some of the recent issues posted, i imagine it would do fu** all.

Im not loosing my job, my house or my dignity as a British bloke.
I pay a lot for EVERYTHING but apparently thats my fault as a consumer.
What do i do about paying a lot for things? Try to desire less. lol
Certainly crossing my fingers after voting wont make FUCK ALL difference.

I dislike eastern block people coming here taking the piss...i see it all around me, they really are scum. I even travelled a couple of their countries, you'll understand a lot more if you have too. Recently the guys in our work shop had issues, after the foreign workers stole tools for themselves...any kind of action taken to raise the issue was deemed by them as racist or out of order. Fuc*ing useless, im glad i dont work with them. There is no solution to that now, far too many are through driving, working and living without the correct papers....i certainly wouldn't try to make the one guy i know who is pretty much in this position, im not like that and it's not my job.
Generally speaking the British population are genuinely worried about not paying TV licence, tax and stuff the scaremongering works....so the campaigns fall on deaf ears.

Ramble..mumble..grumble
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:31 - 04 Feb 2009    Post subject: Re: State of the country Reply with quote

Good point Killa, and one I missed, so I'll revise my earlier statement slightly Wink

Silver wrote:
If anything was likely to tip me over a methaphorical edge it'd probably be a traffic or immigration law of some description.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:45 - 04 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the most meaningful thing anyone could do is devote your time to conspiracyTHE REAL TRUTH websites, copying and pasting everything you find and calling everyone a sheep who doesn't suck your cock in thanks for your bravery for exposing THE REAL TRUTH.

We'll have good old Blighty right as rain and nice as ninepence before you can say "Cor blimey, luvaduck, yer a real toff guv'nor and no mistake Mary Poppins!"
____________________
"That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:03 - 04 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id just like to say that the foriegn workers at my place aren't scum. That was a little harsh. But i am right when i say they are shit at what they do and have a bad attitude with it.
It took a mass of forigeners stealing identities, cards and cars to make us realise our security is pap. Now, no amount of voting or letter writing is gonna help your ass.
They make their own rules...like that new one with insurance and boxing people in with cars...cause a shunt in a team and then claim all the fucking cash. They're not British.

Anyways, this isn't a rant about forigners....what do i do about it? Fuc* all, if i did, it wouldn't work. But i dont because i think this countries fine.

bazza wrote:
I feel the most meaningful thing anyone could do is devote your time to conspiracyTHE REAL TRUTH websites, copying and pasting everything you find and calling everyone a sheep who doesn't suck your cock in thanks for your bravery for exposing THE REAL TRUTH.


It can be said for those who purposely avoid said problems due to arrogance or hatred, but for those whove had first hand experience they have every right to an opinion...good or bad.
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:04 - 04 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think to many of us are willing to adapt and get used to the new reality... I include myself in that category... In a sense one of our greatest abilities is also our greatest enemy.

Even although this could probably seen as a bribe to my conscience, I haven't go to much to moan about; things are ok. But I always temper that by saying things should be so much better.

I've just moved out of town because of all the foreign johnnies... I don't care if anyone thinks that's not politically correct, its just a fact. Edinburgh is now over crowded and while I'm all for a mix of cultures & communities, what little culture & community we had has been diluted out of existence.

I think theres room for some sort of study on the impact (and not wishing to turn this thread into an immigration rant, because it isn't a rant as such...) What I mean is, in terms of over-crowding. UK folks are snobby, when renting we tend to rent alone or share with one other. What we don't do is share the same room, we just don't.

However, other cultures have no such qualms. This leads to over-crowding, a block of (say) 20 flats designed for 2 folks a piece instead of housing (hold on a sec...) forty people, now houses 80 or a hundred. That has a social impact for sure, but what is it exactly and how does it effect the local community, I suppose you culd forgive the gov. for not thinking of this when the borders opened up...

This isn't my main gripe anyway. Crime and the new level of acceptance would be my main complaint, were before I would've just brushed off random acts of crime, they've now become so frequent I report them. Petty crime is something we should never compromise on, if they get away with that, its a slippery inevitable slope...

Is wot I think, innit.

Thumbs Up
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

igiyf
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:07 - 04 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza wrote:
I feel the most meaningful thing anyone could do is devote your time to conspiracyTHE REAL TRUTH websites, copying and pasting everything you find and calling everyone a sheep who doesn't suck your cock in thanks for your bravery for exposing THE REAL TRUTH.

We'll have good old Blighty right as rain and nice as ninepence before you can say "Cor blimey, luvaduck, yer a real toff guv'nor and no mistake Mary Poppins!"


Would"t call stating the obvious on a website meaningful,more of a necessary first step as its one of the best communication methods the public has, sadly the public cant complete the first step so we wont be moving onto the second.

As for the problems in this country it being absorbed by the EU and the workings of common purpose are creating the bulk of them..we are soon to see conditions that will make taking on the Euro currency more than desirable...all the information is on the internet..the biggest network with the least restrictions about..gives much more information than the western media which all give exactly the same information its just a case of being wise enough to see whats true.

What am i doing about it? all that i have needed to

Cues

Quote:
>yes mate<
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:39 - 04 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and it's not my job.


Not picking on any one person and I'm just as guilty in some things, but the " it's someone elses job" or " it's not my fault" or " I told someone and they didn't do anything" is why we are in some of the mess we are in.
So many times we have walked past rubbish, not reported crimes, not stepped in to act. When was the last time you said something to someone who you saw drop litter? last time I did I got a mouth full of abuse, but I wonder if that person next time thought about their litter?
Personal responsibility has gone out of the window, someone else has to sort it out, but they can't stop me from doing what I want.
So many people spout off how they can see it coming, or they could have told you it was going to happen. Just like when you go to buy a car there is always someone who knew where to buy it cheaper, or at least say they do, but never say anything or would have spent their money on something different, but usually haven't got the money or buy something even worse.

What have you done? You could start by getting your own house in order, then by example show the rest how it could be.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:57 - 04 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

On route to doing No. 3.

Get Msc first which will take 3 years and then I'm fully qualified to go to Canada.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:29 - 04 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing as I've noticed that people WANT a more intrusive government , and WANT more beurocracy and more wasted taxes.

People want to be watched and put under constant surveillance and want to ignore the reality of their circumstances.

People want torture , CCTV in homes sham wars , corruption etc.

People want to starve and freeze to death when they get old , people want leniet prison sentences...

If they didn't why did they vote for it.

Why should I interfere in what they want ?.


Myself I prepared the ground elsewhere as a bolt hole.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mark83
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:02 - 05 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

what am I doing about it?

riding my bike, shagging my girlfriend, and not let anything bother me too much.

oh, I did stop a fight outside work yesterday...and got the 2 40-year-old guys to shake hands like children!

haha!
____________________
Kawasaki ER6n -> Honda CBR600RR -> Honda VTR 1000 -> Moto Guzzi Norge 1200
Buy my Mercedes 350 Sport AMG Evo
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:08 - 05 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

How is anything going to change when most don't even know or cannot comprehend whenwe are being scammed right infront of our face?

Know this. Your pensions are gone. The cash you hold so dear is almost worthless and is currently being killed off economically. Your jobs are definately not safe, regardless of what you think. Governments lie, rob, steal and kill and take us for a bunch of mugs. It should be no suprise, too many years of no involvement has taken it's toll on the psyche. "Why should I care? I'm okay?"

Bleugh, what's the point? Not many will even bother caring until they are personally affected; at which point they will moan and whinge that nobody did anything.

UK population, by and large, are suckers falling for a criminal government's lies over and over and over and over and over and over again. Ad infinitum. Remember all of the lies we were told by government in the last few years?

In short, this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better and we can thank ourselves for that.
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:14 - 05 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Laughing

In short, this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better and we can thank ourselves for that.


Speak for yourself , I tried to do something about it and I'm laughed at for being a conspiracy theorist or being alarmist in my reporting. Or thought of as somebody with something to hide.

I have also never voted labour and actively tried to change things pre 2005.

So don't be trying to put some blame on me.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:04 - 05 Feb 2009    Post subject: Re: State of the country Reply with quote

Silver wrote:

What are YOU doing about it?


I've picked a fight with an Executive Department of the Government and am being taken to court which I shall hopefully win.

Sadly most of BCF even though it has been reported here have ignored it and I feel not many people actually understand the scope of what I am doing, least of all the Government who are trying to claim I am vexatious so they don't have to talk to me.

The saddest part is NONE of the conspiracy chaps here have the faintest inkling of just how important my case is, if I lose it will cause ripples that will endanger everyone's right to a fair trial and full disclosure of evidence held against them. It could even turn constitutional law upon its head, it really is that serious.

A Government Department acting directly on behalf of the crown not acting in compliance with the law and knowingly signing false declarations in order to prosecute people. You work out just how serious it is.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:15 - 05 Feb 2009    Post subject: Re: State of the country Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:

The saddest part is NONE of the conspiracy chaps here have the faintest inkling of just how important my case is as if I lose it will cause ripples that will endanger everyone's right to a fair trial and full disclosure of evidence held against them. It could even turn constitutional law upon its head, it really is that serious.


https://bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=161679

this one right? ,

It might be courageous and important in the to kill a mocking bird sense.

However I believe you have already lost even if you win in that the law will just be changed so the result is exactly the same.

Quote:
"知彼知己,百戰不殆;不知彼而知己,一勝一負;不知彼,不知己,每戰必殆"

It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.


- Sun Tzu-

And I believe just by going through their rigged legal system that you do not understand the enemy at all and thus you are destined to lose.


Though I don't agree with sun tzu on many levels in that he did not believe in siege warfare and wars of annilation either.

____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:03 - 05 Feb 2009    Post subject: Re: State of the country Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
UK population, by and large, are suckers falling for a criminal government's lies over and over and over and over and over and over again. Ad infinitum. Remember all of the lies we were told by government in the last few years?

In short, this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better and we can thank ourselves for that.


These are the kind of things I'm referring to. You have some complaints but don't actually state what you're doing about it.

Why the UK population? You're either having a dig at the human race in general or making the ascertion that things are perfectly rosey abroard, with moral and respectable leaders.

What makes you think 'being scammed' is a modern phenomenon? You really think it was different 50 years ago? I'm not saying that makes it right, but people's 'doomsday' talk of the country imploding before things improve is too black and white for my liking.

Itchy wrote:
sickpup wrote:

The saddest part is NONE of the conspiracy chaps here have the faintest inkling of just how important my case is as if I lose it will cause ripples that will endanger everyone's right to a fair trial and full disclosure of evidence held against them. It could even turn constitutional law upon its head, it really is that serious.


https://bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=161679

this one right?


I missed that, and it's certainly interesting...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:01 - 05 Feb 2009    Post subject: Re: State of the country Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
I missed that, and it's certainly interesting...


As indeed did I. And what a fascinating read it is.

Please endeavor to keep us up-to-date with proceedings. Don't be misled into thinking that people aren't interested going by the lack of replies in your topic. It just appears that your average BCF reader doesn't contain the neurons upstairs to digest an article and understand the possible implications from your outcome!

Smile Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:26 - 05 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver, i'd say you are right to be suspicious about those who complain and point the finger, but are never clear about what they are actually doing themselves (Sickpup excepted). Short of reading alarmist websites and "spreading the word". Fair enough, but who is going to listen, particularly if you can't get your point across concisely.

You'll notice madman's cryptic "all that I have needed to", and that is all you will get out of him. He maybe attended that british constitution meeting a few weeks ago, you will now probably hear a lot of mention about 'common purpose' for a while now, until he finds his next bandwagon.

It's all a mechanism to make these particular people feel better about the fact that they are the same as everyone else, and nothing they do will make a blind bit of difference, just like everyone else. It alleviates the guilt factor, and is ironically enough identical to the "i'm alright jack" attitude of those people they attempt put down as the general populous.

"I've done my bit, I know the truth, so whatever happens, its not my fault". Rolling Eyes

Me. None of the above. I have no intention of leaving the country, nor do I have any intention of giving up what little time I have to myself, and throw it into some political crusade. Call me selfish if you like, you'll get over it.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over the fact that the world isnt heading in the direction I want it to, I will be dead shortly (relatively speaking). I know the score, I know how 'wrong' everything is, and how badly it all works, but to be quite honest, I just don't care /that/ much, but in answer to one of the statements above, i've never once voted for the big three.

I have no intention of spawning offspring, the buck stops here, therefore you could argue I have even less interest in the future state of the world than those who have.

You can make yourself sick with rage, and waste a key portion of your life being angry about the fact it will never change, maybe tell some people about it, attend a rally or two, run for political office, where will it get you?

Too much talk and very little follow through, and it will always be the same.

Or you could just try and focus on yourself, and do what you want to do. Most people are wankers anyway, the human race is a flawed species, and none of the systems work, what do you care?
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mistergixer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:23 - 05 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
Silver, i'd say you are right to be suspicious about those who complain and point the finger, but are never clear about what they are actually doing themselves (Sickpup excepted). Short of reading alarmist websites and "spreading the word". Fair enough, but who is going to listen, particularly if you can't get your point across concisely.

You'll notice madman's cryptic "all that I have needed to", and that is all you will get out of him. He maybe attended that british constitution meeting a few weeks ago, you will now probably hear a lot of mention about 'common purpose' for a while now, until he finds his next bandwagon.

It's all a mechanism to make these particular people feel better about the fact that they are the same as everyone else, and nothing they do will make a blind bit of difference, just like everyone else. It alleviates the guilt factor, and is ironically enough identical to the "i'm alright jack" attitude of those people they attempt put down as the general populous.

"I've done my bit, I know the truth, so whatever happens, its not my fault". Rolling Eyes



Likewise i've often been wryly amused by the same evangelical sheep/shepherd musings i read in this section of the forum.

The old(ish) saying goes that along the lines of 'the greatest trick the devil ever did was to convince people he didn't exist'. Ever read any of David Ike's books? I have. He takes the whole international new world order illuminati 911 jewish tin foil hat conspiracies that frequently grace these pages and adds a little twist at the end - all the illuminati are either puppets to, or members of an interstellar race of shape shifting reptiles who prey upon us. He claims that the reason some of us find the whole 'shape-shifting lizard monsters from outer-space' thing a little bit hard to believe and/or silly/ridiculous is because said flesh-eating martians have conditioned us into finding the idea of them being real so ridiculous.

What a load of bollocks, i say. But, that might just be because i'm a preprogrammed and conditioned sheep, shortly to be either put in a concentration camp or gobbled up by cold-blooded lizard men.
Either way, i don't think there's that much i can do about it, so i'll probably just try and make the best of things as they are.

We must not look at lizard men, we must not buy their fruits.
Who knows upon what soil have fed, their hungry, thirsty roots.
____________________
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:42 - 05 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
You can make yourself sick with rage, and waste a key portion of your life being angry about the fact it will never change, maybe tell some people about it, attend a rally or two, run for political office, where will it get you?

Too much talk and very little follow through, and it will always be the same.

Or you could just try and focus on yourself, and do what you want to do. Most people are wankers anyway, the human race is a flawed species, and none of the systems work, what do you care?


I believe you are wrong , in that oh it'll never change anything means you are defeated before you've even tried....a terrible defeatist attitude.

In the UK change is impossible because of this Maliase.

Take for example Hong Kong, a comparable ex British colony with british attitudes...

2003 the government attempted to put in VAT @ 8% , 2.5 million people (42% of the population) turned up in Victoria the seat of government to protest about this, the country was bought to a standstill. The VAT proposals were abandoned. My dad was trapped in a 7-11 all day.

2005 Donald Tsang said no elections EVER the SAR will mandate all legislative processes until the end of the S.A.R agreement (2047) , 1.25 million people turned up again at Victoria demanding the vote.

Guess what happened in 2008 ? , elections ....

The things above such as the VAT bill being stopped have a here and now effect, you say you want to spend your time enjoying your life. Imagine if VAT was cut instantly , your £115 item suddenly becomes £100. And thus you spend less of your finite time working for the government and more for yourself...

And because the £15 and each 15% saving on everything VATable is yours and in your pocket you can spend it on things to enjoy your life some more , put it in your pension pot to retire early or retire in a better financial position rather than in poverty.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:42 - 05 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

"I know it's all corrupt and that's just the way things are and I'll be dead soon anyway and who cares about anyone else and why should I care what happens down the road anyway, plus I haven't been affected anyway and we do need to shut up to get along and put up with it....."

Hey, guess what? Because you stop caring and insist on such a nihilistic and selfish view, the species suffer as a result. Whether that's your kids, my kids or just plain old strangers it should not matter.

"Perpetrators, collaborators, bystanders, victims: we can be clear about three of these categories. The bystander, however, is the fulcrum. If there are enough notable exceptions, then protest reaches a critical mass. We don’t usually think of history as being shaped by silence, but, as English philosopher Edmund Burke said, ‘The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing."

Neutral
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:12 - 06 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, again, what are you doing?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:27 - 06 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
So, again, what are you doing?


Complaining to MPs, attended demonstrations, supporting activists, posted flyers of information around and am just in the process of gathering info to distribute to the locals en masse. Is that enough? Hell no. I'm a complete tit because I'm scared shitless to do anything like speakers corner because I'd be nervous as anything and am way too self conscious IMO. A crap answer - sue me. Do I do enough? Definately not, certainly not going to pretend I do anywhere near.

I now await a tirade of how that's not good enough or is pointless. Laughing

<shrug>
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mistergixer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:27 - 06 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
So, again, what are you doing?


'Raising awareness', probably.

Wink

Edit - arse, beaten to the post. And, as you are actually doing 'stuff', i feel even sillier than usual now. Shit, maybe the lizard men are real.....
____________________
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube


Last edited by mistergixer on 00:30 - 06 Feb 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 246 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.20 Sec - Server Load: 0.59 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 155.81 Kb