Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


ZX 6-r US import

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Egret
Nova Slayer



Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:26 - 09 Feb 2009    Post subject: ZX 6-r US import Reply with quote

As some of you may have seen I have a Kawasaki Ninja which I'm looking to sell. I can't find much info on the internet for it unfortunately. I'm pretty sure of several facts, but according to wikipedia and several google searches these appear to contradict each other and my certainty is dissolving. I think it is:
-a US import
-a fuel injection model
-a 636, not 599
-on a 2001 plate

Unfortunately I'm not at home this week and can't check these facts so I was wondering if anyone here had any expertise (or maybe have seen a link I've missed)?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:55 - 09 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

what makes you think its a US import?
____________________
Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie



Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:01 - 09 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one of these is it?

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3010/2709738897_a440673231.jpg

https://www.motorsports-network.com/kawasaki/mc2003/ZX612b.jpg
____________________
BCF: Be yourself, just don't be an arse.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Egret
Nova Slayer



Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:03 - 09 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the one thing I know! I got it from a mate who was in the us military who has now gone home.

It's the top one, and I now don't think it's a 636, but I do think it's injection. Still unsure though Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Moonie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:58 - 09 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's the top one then it's a J1 or an A1P and couls be 600 or 636 depending on which one it is.
____________________
Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:40 - 10 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

J1 and A1P's differ by the top fairing brace.

J's have a brace that go above the yoke, perpendicular to the tank, and extends out onto the mirrors, similar in fashion to the 6R F and G's. Otherwise known as a H frame

A1P's don't have a visible fairing brace since it hugs the top fairing and runs along the ram air tubes.

Other than the stickers, that's ONE distinct way to tell the two bikes apart.
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Moonie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:15 - 10 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the A1P will have 636 all over it lol.
____________________
Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr_T
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 03 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:04 - 10 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will also be carbed if it is a J/A model. Injection didn't start until later.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Egret
Nova Slayer



Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:44 - 10 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the info. I shall go and look at it very closely, and gather the paperwork asap!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Egret
Nova Slayer



Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:56 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help everyone, I sold it last weekend to a guy who seems nice and I'm pretty sure will look after it. This means I have enough money to get my CBR back on the road too after the failing of an mot with 3 warped discs, back in November.

Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 235 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.52 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 64.38 Kb