Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


To dye or not to dye.........Done

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

To dye or not 2 dye
Go red
75%
 75%  [ 42 ]
Stay dark
25%
 25%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 56

Author Message

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:07 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: To dye or not to dye.........Done Reply with quote

Right - I have hair dye here from a while ago.
I used to have natural dark brown hair with flame red underneath.
Had it a few times in the past and have been givin some good comments.
I dont just mean a dull red - its a royal mail box red.
Im off out in Brighton/London in 2 weeks and Im really looking forward to it, I also want to look different.
Do I go back to my old ways & have red coming through underneath or stay dark like I am now ???

I want to - then I dont

I get stared at as its that red Laughing

Opinions.......


Last edited by Louise on 19:38 - 26 Feb 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:09 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know my answer!

At least you'll finally beat me at squash by methods of distraction.
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bikeless
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:11 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red and black FTW, Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:12 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay as you are.
Hair dye-ing should always be done without thinking. Laughing You're giving it too much thought.

Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Graprilia
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 02 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:48 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol , the poll says 50 / 50.
____________________
Piaggo liberty 125 SOLD - CBR 125 - SOLD Aprilia RS 125 - SOLD CBR 400 NC29 - SOLD ZX6R currently own https://bikepics.com/members/Graprilia/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

tutton
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:53 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics are needed of what it looks like atm Wink
____________________
Past: '05 Peugeot XPS '99 Aprillia RS125 '94 FZR600R
Current: '02 ZX636 A1P '51 CCM R30
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevoriv
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:05 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure cuffs and collar match though. Laughing
____________________
Past: '96 Thundercat, '02 ZX636R (A1P), '58 KTM 690 SM LC4 Current: '06 ZX636R (C6F)
Mudskipper wrote: Someone just has to sig that...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:07 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

..... couple of weeks ago.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bikeless
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:09 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellllooooo, Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thank you Thumbs Up

Basically its just the underneath - real old school times but I did like it.
But am wondering if its past it's time Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tutton
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id say stay dark,
think that looks quite nice if im being honest, i would say highlights not flat out ones just like where u dye it and u get lighter bits would look nice like the touchin brushes etc.
____________________
Past: '05 Peugeot XPS '99 Aprillia RS125 '94 FZR600R
Current: '02 ZX636 A1P '51 CCM R30
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:15 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did once have a dark red with bright red highlights.

I am thinking of maybe keeping it dark and getting low lights of the brown allready.

Am inbetween - Red to stand out or low lights just to make it look different :S

Meh - I hate females who fuss about with make up but im just as bad with hair Laughing Thumbs Down
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:32 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

get you tutton Laughing

Anyway, yeah, I say red again. I know a girl that did had it underneath but with black on top, dennis the mennace kinda stylee. Twas mint.

Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tutton
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:34 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

allymoss wrote:
get you tutton Laughing

Anyway, yeah, I say red again. I know a girl that did had it underneath but with black on top, dennis the mennace kinda stylee. Twas mint.

Thumbs Up

I thought it might get her in bed, till i remembered she likes laydees, she dosnt look butch Laughing
____________________
Past: '05 Peugeot XPS '99 Aprillia RS125 '94 FZR600R
Current: '02 ZX636 A1P '51 CCM R30
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:45 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not butch Laughing Nor femme Thumbs Down

But then again I dont get pulled in a gay club - where am I going wrong?
Too straight looking? Thumbs Down
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tutton
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:47 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
Im not butch Laughing Nor femme Thumbs Down

But then again I dont get pulled in a gay club - where am I going wrong?
Too straight looking? Thumbs Down

Yes definantly, maybe the red hair will change that? next time i see a lady with red hair ill ask her if she plays rounders for the otherside just to clarify if red hair means your a lesbian.
____________________
Past: '05 Peugeot XPS '99 Aprillia RS125 '94 FZR600R
Current: '02 ZX636 A1P '51 CCM R30
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:12 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that im looking to pull - but most of my mates / boss's didnt know I was gay untill I told them Confused
Not that I want to look gay - I am just me - I know who I want Laughing So not too fussed on pulling - just want to look good and feel good about myself for once Thumbs Up
Had a pretty bad confidence knock recently Thumbs Down
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Icey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:44 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just put pink streaks in mine..... Laughing

Red rules though - go for it Very Happy
____________________
Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Moonie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:09 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want something different then do the same in a different colour.

Neon Blue by Directions Thumbs Up
____________________
Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Directions is meh at best. Special Effects gives a far better depth of colour. I'd say go for it, but Pat makes a very good point, if you're thinking about it this much then there's a good chance you'll do it and feel a bit of a mong.

TS
Currently growing out his purple phase
____________________
I'm immortal. Well, so far.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:32 - 13 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hair dye, not a tattoo .... just do it and if after doing so you don't feel quite right, then re-dye it Wink ... so I vote for get it done ... Thumbs Up Put an 'after' pic up here and we can vote again if we think it suits you or not!! Smile

Oh and as for 'should I look more gay' lots of straight girls have highlights (red or otherwise), so that wouldn't work!! .. now if you cut it real short and dyed it ALL race car red or better still orange ... and donned some dungarees, well that would fit the stereotype more!! Wink

But lets face it, are YOU attracted to the stereotypical dyke (butch looking, short hair, wearing dungarees) ... chances are you are not? In which case, the sort of lady you are after probably likes the more natural famine look that you already have, so if you are not getting hit on by the gay bar girls as it is, then its prolly coz the right girl isn't there, not that you don't have a gay look!! Wink

BTW, I've only met you once so not much of a sample set of how it normally is, but you are the only girl in the world that doesn't seem to get helmet hair, whats your secret*!! Very Happy


*oh my god, now I am sounding gay!! Laughing

Can we talk about gearboxes or 2-stroke oil or summin?!!? Embarassed
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:36 - 13 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love girls with red hair i think it is dead sexy, but I think you would look better as is.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:30 - 13 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it won't work...

How YOU doin'? Laughing
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:45 - 13 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but you are the only girl in the world that doesn't seem to get helmet hair, whats your secret


Laughing Oh I do have helmet hair most days - But I only come up the road so didnt have long to kink my hair.

Quote:
are YOU attracted to the stereotypical dyke (butch looking, short hair, wearing dungarees) .


Nope im not - I dont mind some girls with short hair - Cute looking
But deffo not butch big with skinheads.

I pretty much lack confidence for most of my life - I find it hard to even walk into town to shops on my own
Confused

I will decide soon on the hair - But looks like the red is winning and sure ill post a photo. I liked it before and so did the ex.
ill be doing it nearer the time tho as the red does die quickly Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rowey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:24 - 13 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing more beautiful in this world than a good looking lesbian Thumbs Up

OT, my girlfriend has 'blood' red hair, and it is very hot.
____________________
ZX6R C6F.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 237 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.32 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 132.3 Kb