Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Now this is a talk

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:58 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Now this is a talk Reply with quote

Latest vids by John Harris

https://www.tpuc.org/node/558
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:05 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris, stop poisoning our minds with this nonsense. Everyone knows that the universe is geocentric.
____________________
Yamaha YB100 | Yamaha TZR125 | Yamaha XJ600S | Suzuki GSF600
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:11 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColdInsomnia wrote:
Kris, stop poisoning our minds with this nonsense. Everyone knows that the universe is geocentric.


Sowwwy Razz

This is quite good too..

https://www.tpuc.org/node/560

Wink
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:46 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, the original video is awesome.

I look forward to the tirade of "lol he's talking bullshit" with baited breath.
____________________
Yamaha YB100 | Yamaha TZR125 | Yamaha XJ600S | Suzuki GSF600
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:28 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColdInsomnia wrote:
Anyway, the original video is awesome.

I look forward to the tirade of "lol he's talking bullshit" with baited breath.


The second one is pretty good, given by an ex-copper with a daughter doing a law degree. Very Happy

Oh and yea, it's all a conspiracy and lies so shhhh eh? Shhh!

Wink Wink
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:28 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also found this, a professor of economics giving a presentation of what he thinks will result from the financial crisis.

https://www.tpuc.org/node/554


Sure he's just one guy, so make of it what you will.

EDIT: Skip to 2 minutes in to get straight in to it (though it is long).
____________________
Yamaha YB100 | Yamaha TZR125 | Yamaha XJ600S | Suzuki GSF600
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andrew
Mister Road Rage



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:13 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant videos.

I wonder if this will work.... https://www.tpuc.org/stoppayingtvlicencefees Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:58 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see his 'And this how I'd do things' speech
Old news in a new wrapper.
I suggest if he doesn't like the United Kingdom Corporation i suggest he relocates to a different Corporation.
I personally prefer my Corporation to most. Smile

Pat
Good that he's keeping the fires burning
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:42 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
I'd like to see his 'And this how I'd do things' speech


I'd guess that he'd start with a system that wasn't infected with over-complex legal nonsense where government is run for profit?

Come on people I'm sure we have more imagination that this.
____________________
Yamaha YB100 | Yamaha TZR125 | Yamaha XJ600S | Suzuki GSF600
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:00 - 12 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the video all the way through and found it very interesting.

I do have some issues with it though, the main one being that money is worthless. I know the actual notes and coins are worthless but what they represent aren't. For instance, a man uses his expertise and knowledge to fix my bike, I give him some money, that I have earnt using whatever particular skill I have in my trade. We are exchanging services but using money as a medium.

What is the alternative, back to bartering?

I found all the other stuff, particularly the person and human being parts, very interesting.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:36 - 13 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
I watched the video all the way through and found it very interesting.

I do have some issues with it though, the main one being that money is worthless. I know the actual notes and coins are worthless but what they represent aren't. For instance, a man uses his expertise and knowledge to fix my bike, I give him some money, that I have earnt using whatever particular skill I have in my trade. We are exchanging services but using money as a medium.

What is the alternative, back to bartering?

I found all the other stuff, particularly the person and human being parts, very interesting.


Its not about money or bartering, its about whether the money has a value attached to it which is tied to something like gold, rather than it just be worth what the money supply and other factors make it worth.

Generally, our society does well by creating more paper or electronic money than our real assetts, and then trading them for goods and services, but some countries have systems where there isnt as much money floating around, as a bank can only loan out what it has in the form of savings accounts.

Having a completely fluid debt and money system, where debts can be traded with no real idea of the chances of the debt being repaid, have caused our financial crisis.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

R4nger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 13 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
...Generally, our society does well by creating more paper or electronic money than our real assetts, and then trading them for goods and services, but some countries have systems where there isnt as much money floating around, as a bank can only loan out what it has in the form of savings accounts....


Wrong. A bank can loan money without the need to have enough savings from customers to loan. It can make the money when the customer signs the loan agreement.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:26 - 14 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

R4nger wrote:
colin1 wrote:
...Generally, our society does well by creating more paper or electronic money than our real assetts, and then trading them for goods and services, but some countries have systems where there isnt as much money floating around, as a bank can only loan out what it has in the form of savings accounts....


Wrong. A bank can loan money without the need to have enough savings from customers to loan. It can make the money when the customer signs the loan agreement.


not wrong, i said the same thing try reading what i put. in our country banks can lend many times their assets, while in other countries, they are far more limited in what they can lend, to only a few times the actual assetts they hold
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 236 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.73 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 80.98 Kb