Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


biggest thing you've won?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

steppen22
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:35 - 15 Feb 2009    Post subject: biggest thing you've won? Reply with quote

Has anyone ever won anything of worth?

Biggest thing I've won is backstage tickets to the Manics homecoming gig in 2002. Sadly, I'd moved from the registered address and didn't get the tickets until long after the gig.I still have the tickets - on neck ties. Yours for 300 pounds!

I also won a Fred the Red football when I was a kid.

I have won ten pounds a few times on the lottery (and probably spent close to 4 grand on tickets since my long passed 16th birthday)

Other than that, fuck all. I'm a loser when it comes to competitions. No luck at all.

I even lost hundreds of pounds on my birthday last December, in a game of poker. That's how shit my tables turn.

Who's the luckiest bastard on bcf? Any four figure wins? five figures?
____________________
no regrets, no retreat, no apology.
I've made mistakes in the past, and I apologise for FUCK ALL.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:37 - 15 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Won a microwave in a charity raffle, and won a not bad watch in a raffle at work.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:39 - 15 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won mcn tickets for free this year. I seriously don't win anything in my life so i was happy.
____________________
Hit the G spot. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:41 - 15 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and second prize in an art contest at school. Got a pile of book tokens. Whoop de doo.

Tend to do OK on the Grand National, think the most I won was about £80.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Charlie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:43 - 15 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm won vouchers a few times through buiness competitions at high school, probably managed at least £100 in vouchers over the 3-4 competitions I was in. Two of those included a week stay at a hotel paid for by the organisers.

Also won the electronic award for my college 2 years running £70 in total of vouchers from them.

Also won an electronic engineering toolkit at university at the start of term. Was quite impressed with it, only worth £15 but they are useful enough.
____________________
Past: Honda x8rs, Honda City fly, Honda Hornet 250, Honda VFR750, Yamaha xt600e.
Current: Honda CBR929RR & Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

daz_d_biker
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:55 - 15 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won an £80 mobile phone last year from Play.com through a bottle of fanta Very Happy

Daz.
____________________
"bikes are replaceable - but a complete nutter aint."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Courageous T
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 08 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:58 - 15 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

put £3.33 on silver birch in the grand national 2 yrs ago.

won £147 Surprised
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

0ddball
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:59 - 15 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won a fiver on a scratchcard back in 1998. 1998 was a good year.

Last edited by 0ddball on 00:00 - 16 Feb 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheJackal
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 22 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:59 - 15 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won a fridge full of beer, unfortunately it turned out that I didn't get the fridge, just the beer! Razz

Freshers week at Uni I bought a raffle ticket for 50p as I was walking into the bar and 3 1/2 months later I got a call saying I'd won a fridge full of beer!

Got about 5 crates of bottles (beer & alcopops) and a couple of litres of spirits.

Was a hell of a Christmas present!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SlimRick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:05 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won a Christmas pudding in a school raffle when I was 7. Nothing since Crying or Very sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:14 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was once a prize in a competition and a bird with black heads on her nipples won me for the night Sad
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stelmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:30 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won an Iceland hamper when I was 8 and Great Yorkshire Bike Show Tickets for 2007.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

KevTM
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:36 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm i won a £20 Beatties (craft and arts store, maybe closed now?) at primary school for my leet art skills for which i made some of the set for a school play..

can't remember what i bought from the store although i do remember being in it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tatters
Exxon Valdez



Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:39 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won a big box of 200 cream eggs when l was a kid, finished the lot in 4 days Sick



My sister won the blue peter Christmas comp when she was 12, was meant to be around £2000 worth of toys/eletrical stuff etc but alot of the things like a PS2,dvd player,TV etc were display models with no internals, bloody funny watching her face on Christmas morning Laughing
____________________
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gmanxiii
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:47 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatters wrote:
My sister won the blue peter Christmas comp when she was 12, was meant to be around £2000 worth of toys/eletrical stuff etc but alot of the things like a PS2,dvd player,TV etc were display models with no internals, bloody funny watching her face on Christmas morning Laughing


Harsh! Very Happy

I won a brand new Macbook couple years back in a design comp. Forgot I entered that competition as I was working abroad at the time. Several months later I came back to blighty and it turned up unexpectedly. I was well chuffed as I was broke and also I had sold my old laptop the year before so i had some rent money whilst i was out there! Smile
____________________
I kills hondas

VFR400NC30 > ZZR600 > CBR600FX > CBR1000rr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

PeterNSR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:52 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive only won a Signed Real Madrid Football top and Man utd v Roma tickets last year Thumbs Up
____________________
Current: Honda NSR 125 Smile

My bike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:07 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entered a kids competition when I was four, with my Michael Jackson impression. Won a colander and a bottle of wine(!) Great prize for kids my mum loved it. Bitch.
Won a raffle of some crappy football stuff when about 10.
Won a bicycle safety poster design comp, I totally ripped the design from some magazine I had read, again when about 10, got some bike safety crap.
Bought about 5 scratchcards in my life, won about 4-5 quid.
Lottery, probably spent 20 quid and won 2 tenners and a 5er on daily play.
Today lost 7 quid on poker on skybet.com, then threw my last 3 quid on one bet on their online deal or no deal thingy, after a succession of accepting small offerings, I ended up winning 41quid, only cashed in 25. Lost the rest on more gambling.
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes



Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:20 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won a 6 foot cardboard cut out of lara croft once. Infact its the only thing ive won apart from at the casino, which doesnt count.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:23 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won an ashtray at a school raffle when I was 6 or 7. Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:51 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won a Porsche Boxster in Dubai when I was 15, entered into the draw for an 100dhs just cuz I felt lucky. Naturally my parents didn't let me keep it and they sold it on my behalf and I was allowed to buy a Banshee 350 quad. I haven't see the change of about £20,000 though Confused
____________________
wizzzard wrote: Imagine God just stopping by, tidying your front room up and then quietly letting himself out again. Statisticly more likely to happen than Korn being on here.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lee8040
Nearly there...



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:04 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

won £200 in a school raffle
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:05 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

A trip to Paris and Stella Artios mini fridge 11 years ago.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pyx_e
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:12 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certified ~Steve Wright in the Afternoon~ Champeen.

Won; R2 Towel, Tickets to See David Cassidy, R2 phone charger, various other bits and bobs. Still have and use the towel.

Was asked as a question "Which is the biggest nut?" Answered "My left one." Much laughter and sniggering esp from Tim. I then said "coconut."
Which was what the edited version went out as (yes its not live). But you could hear Tim sniggering afterwards.
____________________
Shiney!
Kawasaki: ER5, Versys, VN900.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:31 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won a all expenses paid weekend away in Amsterdan in a 5* hotel.

Was a good weekend! Cool

Not won anything else though. Sad
____________________
Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bikeless
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:44 - 16 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've won a siemens phone about 7 years ago,off a text from a fanta bottle and about 2 years ago i entered a bridgestone competition when you bought a pair of BT-014,s and won an Arai chaser lid that i wear now.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 232 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.51 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 127.01 Kb