 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:13 - 17 Feb 2009 Post subject: Does anybody know about the TT600R |
 |
|
Anybody know anything about these? bikes?
In that G steered me towards the DR650 which is like the DR350 ie air cooled and fairly light at 147kilos dry and 167kilos wet. Strong subframe so no mods needed to it other than a bashplate. Has an electric boot too which is good. I was going to take a wad of cash to buy one this week, but in the meantime.
But I've found a TT600R belguarda which is in effect a Yamaha XT600 but with more extensive use of alloy Ohlins front and back, the thing is I know little about this bike bar that is 141 dry kilos and based on the XT600 hence indestructable with its fancy dual flow carb. And Maciek Sawvinski rode across Africa on one.
The problem I envisage is that the TT600R has no battery and I guess the 6 kilo weight difference will be eaten up by the need to modify it to have a charging system?.
Anybody had any experience with the DR650? , googling finds 3 easily curable faults with the DR650, the TT600R has 4 faults which are all electrical based which I can fix before I go.
Both of them are 2001 machines. The DR has a small advantage of a 18 litre tank , while the TT600 has a 10 litre tank.
Any thoughts?
Thanks. ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
Last edited by Itchy on 17:47 - 17 Feb 2009; edited 1 time in total |
|
 mr.tattoo Spanner Monkey
Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:39 - 17 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
the ttr is a better bike, more punch and nicer to ride, dr650 feels heavy and slow. xt motors run and run and run, ive tuned them for years.... ____________________ www.surreysupermotos.co.uk
dyno . tuning . mot . spares . repairs , kent / surrey borders !!! |
|