Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Xbox 360 Faulty or just me?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:04 - 24 Nov 2008    Post subject: Xbox 360 Faulty or just me? Reply with quote

Brought a 360 2 years ago and had a lot of problems - I swore blind I wouldnt go back to another 360.
Well, I have so I can play online ect and plus it has more games i like.
Anyway, got it 2 - 3 weeks ago from Game.
Played Saints Row 2 and everything seemed fine.
Now I get a noise from the disk drive (even tho its completely flat) This has happened twice, now Ive notice it wont save my game - I loose a few % - or if Ido up my home and save - return and its back to normal.
Today my Fable 2 disk is marked with a scratched ring - I dont remember moving the 360 whilst in play - why would I, But I cant play Fable at all now - it wont read.
(Forgot to add Fable froze 5 times in a few hours and was a brand new disk)
Do I take this back to Game and ask for a swap? I cant and doubt Id be able to do anything about Fable because it was a Ebay job -
Or do I get in contact with Microsoft?
Really am a bit peeved off.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:07 - 24 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd try in game but they tend to try get you to contact microsoft, if you aren't worried about an immediate result I'll call them.
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:25 - 24 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely take it back to game TBH. Hard drive sounds like it's packing in, I could fix the dvd drive if it was my xbox 360 as a lot of them developed the large ring fault and is fixed by placing a few rubbers in the dvd drive.

deffo take it back, get another, send it me, flash it, play copies, done Laughing Thumbs Up
____________________
Turbo R1
CRF450R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:40 - 25 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it back to game, and ask them for a new copy of the game it scratched too.

Incidentally, I bought a used 360 off ebay for a reasonable price, but it was all quite tired. Got the RROD a couple of months later, called up microsoft, sent it off.
Brand new 360 console in the post 4 days later. I was impressed by the customer service, seeing as it got me a new 360 for second hand money.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:20 - 25 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall pop into Game and speak to them its only down the road.
I just worrie slightly due to having alot of problems when we first got one.
Fabole I got from Ebay, altho Ill think of something else.
Cheers Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cyberglass
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:39 - 25 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a common problem with the early models my first 360 ran rings round saints row 1 and dead rising and also cracked the centers due to a faulty drive Shocked

Game replaced it with a new one and replaced the discs to Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up Sold it and got a ps3 no more worrying about the ring of death and it has the bennefit of free online play and blueray player and no giant power brick + looks great with my black lcd tv + near enough everything that comes out for the 360 will come out for the ps3:up: Never thought id praise the ps3 Mr. Green
____________________
DL650 Vstrom 2004
DRZ400S 2003
Yamaha R1 2005
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:19 - 26 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a PS3 at the other house and very happy with it - But cant justify why I need another so got the 360 -
It seems fine at the moment - will have to buy Fable 2 again tho.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:03 - 10 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well bringing this back up - I brought another fable 2 game and that still started to freeze.
Keeps freezing regular now - So phoned Game up and told me to take it back for a swap over.
Just gotta find the paper work Laughing Thumbs Up

Just a bit warey of them now - 2nd one to go tits up on me Thumbs Down
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Graprilia
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 02 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:37 - 10 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my experience with GAME they offer very poor service on returns and try to get of issuing a refund even with a reciept.

So good luck.
____________________
Piaggo liberty 125 SOLD - CBR 125 - SOLD Aprilia RS 125 - SOLD CBR 400 NC29 - SOLD ZX6R currently own https://bikepics.com/members/Graprilia/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:39 - 10 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
Well bringing this back up - I brought another fable 2 game and that still started to freeze.
Keeps freezing regular now - So phoned Game up and told me to take it back for a swap over.
Just gotta find the paper work Laughing Thumbs Up

Just a bit warey of them now - 2nd one to go tits up on me Thumbs Down


Since the Xbox update you can now load the game onto your HD, have you tried that ?
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:56 - 10 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the Arcade one so just a small memory card.
I rang them and they seem to be fine.
However - I put the receipt in a very safe place, so safe I cant find it.
Rang them back up and because it was on my ex's reward card I can just take a bank statement in.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkeyKnuckle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:13 - 10 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graprilia wrote:
From my experience with GAME they offer very poor service on returns and try to get of issuing a refund even with a reciept.

So good luck.


I've had really good service from the GAME in Portsmouth, had 2 360s die and they replaced them both with no questions asked. (They were both within a year and I had the receipts for both)

The 2nd one was actually a few days out of the one year warranty but they replaced it anyway. Thumbs Up


Have you looked in the Xbox box Louise? That's where I keep mine.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:23 - 10 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

As has been said its best to load into the HD, if you only have the small one buy the bigger one asap, works out cheaper than having to replace disks if you do get laser burn.


My COD WAW disk got wrecked because the box got knocked over during play, I hadnt downloaded into the memory. £45 quid later, new disc, downloaded and my mate got it free as I downloaded into his HD and gave him the gubbed disk to allow it to load.

I know I should have just rented a copy to download it, but I was impatient lol Rolling Eyes
____________________
Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:32 - 10 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would this HD be any good?
8gig should be more then enough for me - I only have a few games and with no job i wont be buying much for a while.
Can transfer movies from PC to 360 I guess.

FleeBay
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:49 - 10 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, doesnt let you save games
____________________
Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:53 - 10 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure MS were doing a promotion a while back when the console update was coming through.
Cheap hard drives for those that had arcade machines.
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:03 - 10 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - Cheers
Around £30 for a 20 gig - will wait till im paid Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:21 - 10 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard about some places doing the 120gig for around £60-£80


https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220335106615&cguid=37cc796f11f0a0aad2d45be4ff420fc2
____________________
Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chrisjacks
Nova Slayer



Joined: 01 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:54 - 11 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

the freezing is one of the symptoms of RRoD, if its an older xbox it may be suffering youll know its going to be RRoD as the crashes/freezing will come sooner and sooner from start up.

though if you get RRoD you have a 3 year warrenty on that specific fault.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:27 - 19 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

swapped with no problems today he was pretty good about it. Just checked to see if the seel had been broken Thumbs Up
Just an update. Manage to play Fable 2 for 3 hours without one freeze so its looking good Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rottweiler
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:41 - 28 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

mines just broke got it 2 years ago but microsoft have extended the warrenty to 3 years so its getting fixed
____________________
were: piaggio nrg..ybr 125
now: cg 125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 223 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.34 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 110.23 Kb