Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


leather trousers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

izzi81
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 24 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:36 - 14 May 2004    Post subject: leather trousers Reply with quote

I've been surviving with jeans all the time I've had my NSR, but now I have the Ninja (and have already come off it once) and having read lots of things on here about accidents, it's time to invest in some leather trousers. I was wondering if any of you Scottish people could recommend a good place to buy (when I started out I got a jacket from a warehouse-sized place near Hamilton, is that still there?)

Any brands I should look for? Any particular features? Or am I just looking for a pair that fit (I hate shopping for trousers at the best of times... Rolling Eyes )
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ProXimaCore
Dougal



Joined: 01 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:45 - 14 May 2004    Post subject: Re: leather trousers Reply with quote

izzi81 wrote:
I've been surviving with jeans all the time I've had my NSR, but now I have the Ninja (and have already come off it once) and having read lots of things on here about accidents, it's time to invest in some leather trousers. I was wondering if any of you Scottish people could recommend a good place to buy (when I started out I got a jacket from a warehouse-sized place near Hamilton, is that still there?)

Any brands I should look for? Any particular features? Or am I just looking for a pair that fit (I hate shopping for trousers at the best of times... Rolling Eyes )


I don't know of any motorcycle shops in Stirling. I got my leathers from Hein Gerricke in Edinburgh. Walking distance from waverly station. They have an amazing range of stuff. I say you should take a trip through one day! My first set of leathers were just plain black basic leathers I bought from Jim-Allan's in Falkirk. They have a fair range. I don't really like riding without my leathers at all.
____________________
Honda NSR125R -> Suzuki GSXR400R GK76a -> Kawasaki ZX636 B1H -> Honda CBR400RR NC29 -> Nothing Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

izzi81
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 24 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:13 - 14 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

the more I think about it the more I *want* to wear them all the time. I don't think I'd feel safe wearing just my jeans any more.

Ah, J+S Accessories in Hamilton. It does still exist! Might make a trip there next week. I think I've been to Hein Gericke in Edinburgh.. it's on Queen Street? They didn't have a great range I thought - perhaps it was just their range of womens leathers I don't know.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:19 - 14 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Don't know about Scotland, but if you can travel then in about 2 weeks there is the BMF show at Peterborough. There are normally loads of clothing bargains there as the large ratailers and the makers / importers tend to use it to get rid of last years colour schemes.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

atom
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:37 - 14 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my leathers at Alvins on Seafield road in Edinburgh, they've got a brilliant range, Hein Gericke is also good, on Queen Street. First thing I did was get the gear, My dad had terrorised us when young by showing us is scars. He came off wearing just jeans, and like we used to say to him he doesn't know his arse from his elbow because they grafted so many bits from one onto the other.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

atom
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:45 - 14 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, and they called them breeks, not trousers, which threw me, maybe they were just taking the piss...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ProXimaCore
Dougal



Joined: 01 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:46 - 14 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom wrote:
Um, and they called them breeks, not trousers, which threw me, maybe they were just taking the piss...

You've never heard them called breeks before?!
____________________
Honda NSR125R -> Suzuki GSXR400R GK76a -> Kawasaki ZX636 B1H -> Honda CBR400RR NC29 -> Nothing Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

atom
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:50 - 14 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah the time I bought them was the first time I heard it, going along with it now though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

True Blue
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Feb 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:50 - 14 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Oor Wullie wore breeks Laughing
____________________
Past >>>> Honda NSR 125 >>>> Suzuki GSXR 600 K1 >>>> Suzuki GSXR 600 K4 >>>>Kawasaki Z1000 DAF >>>>Suzuki RMZ 250 >>>> Current >>>> KTM Superduke R 1290 >>>>
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

atom
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:51 - 14 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup it threw me. But everyone else was calling them breeks.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 147 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.64 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 66 Kb