Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


The EX won't let her ride pillion

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:07 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: The EX won't let her ride pillion Reply with quote

Simple as...
for all the reasons the mother of a 13yr old daughter can give.
I explain it's my only transport and i'd only be picking her up when i couldn't borrow a car. The journey is an unchallenging 5mile trip.
So what would you do?

Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:11 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd get a car or use a taxi.

Mark
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:12 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Re: The EX won't let her ride pillion Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
The journey is an unchallenging 5mile trip.
So what would you do?


Buy her a bicycle.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:25 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldnt blame her though. Get a taxi for her Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:15 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punch her in the throat
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:23 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the punch her idea from muzza, but I would go for the tits or poke her eyes out. Teach that biatch a lesson.

All I can say is, motorcycling is not dangerous as walking the street at night on a friday.

Tell her (Whom is also the EX) that if she can not justify a perfectly valid reason not to allow her daughter to experience the joys of motorcycling, you will sue. Clearly she is trying to force you to spend money on taxi's etc and bankrupt you. In this climate and age, motorcycling is the perfect method of transport. Jump on a bus and deal with 20 stinking teenagers with loud crap music. You can't bicycle her unless you have a 2 seater one, but that sucks because you will get tired. Mini cabs/taxi's are far too expensive. Walking would be ideal but unfortunately there's a big chance you might get mugged or spat on in this country.

Get a fried to take a picture of you and your daughter on the bike. MMS it to the ex with FU.CK YOU
____________________
Hit the G spot. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jack_zxr400
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:38 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

tell her its the bike or she can walk
____________________
Previous Bike: ZXR 400
Current Bike: R6
Test Date: 8/8/2008-PASSED
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

shonajoy
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:06 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get her the right kit, show her you have done so, then talk to her about it.

I've only recently let my husband take our 14yo daughter pillion, cos he was being a bit of an arse initially.
____________________
Shona
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

karen_moomin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:04 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I can understand her concerns. If I was the mother of a 13 year old I would not want her going pillion. Also if anything ever did happen you might feel personally to blame (even if it wasn't your fault).

I like the bicycle idea or taxi Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:08 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i've explained the stats, told her i'd get proper protective gear, said that i'd use the car whenever possible. Bloody 'ell i'm not evel knievel ! Also mentioned it's far safer than horse riding(which my daughter does)
The womans just plain stubborn and has threatened to get awkward if i take our daughter on the bike.
My daughter doesn't want to rock the boat, but would like a lift on the bike.
So it looks like either i say eff it and see just what the crabby cow will do or wait 3yrs until my daughter turns 16.

Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:12 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Get a fried to take a picture of you and your daughter on the bike. MMS it to the ex with FU.CK YOU


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

eddyh
Nova Slayer



Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:03 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

shonajoy wrote:
Get her the right kit, show her you have done so, then talk to her about it.

I've only recently let my husband take our 14yo daughter pillion, cos he was being a bit of an arse initially.


Typical womans attitude to everything. Overprotective, no wonder all the kids now-a-days are allergic to everything. Rapping a f**king bubble around them. It better to allow kids experience thing, not overprotect them. /jesus
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:20 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddyh wrote:
shonajoy wrote:
Get her the right kit, show her you have done so, then talk to her about it.

I've only recently let my husband take our 14yo daughter pillion, cos he was being a bit of an arse initially.


Typical womans attitude to everything. Overprotective, no wonder all the kids now-a-days are allergic to everything. Rapping a f**king bubble around them. It better to allow kids experience thing, not overprotect them. /jesus


Are you a feminist by any chance? Wink
____________________
Hit the G spot. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

shonajoy
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddyh wrote:
shonajoy wrote:
Get her the right kit, show her you have done so, then talk to her about it.

I've only recently let my husband take our 14yo daughter pillion, cos he was being a bit of an arse initially.


Typical womans attitude to everything. Overprotective, no wonder all the kids now-a-days are allergic to everything. Rapping a f**king bubble around them. It better to allow kids experience thing, not overprotect them. /jesus


Don't be fucking ridiculous- I didn't let my husband take her pillion because I passed my bike test a good year before he did, and he then came off twice.
Thumbs Down

I'm not overprotective in the slightest, but I do have a brain.
____________________
Shona
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer



Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:47 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's her kid too - so I'd say you have to respect her decision and make alternative arrangements
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:29 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell her that if she won't let you use the bike, then she has to pay the taxi to send her to your place or bring her over.

Its only fair that as she is stopping you, that she pays for the alternative.

If she starts getting really stroppy about it then say that you are really unhappy she lets her go horse riding as you feel that its unsafe for such a young person to be in charge of a wild animal.
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:52 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
If she starts getting really stroppy about it then say that you are really unhappy she lets her go horse riding as you feel that its unsafe for such a young person to be in charge of a wild animal.


That could have a negative impact on his daughter though as I'd assume his daughter likes horse riding or she wouldn't do it. You gotta be careful in things like this not to hurt the kid involved.

If your daughter wants to go on the back, and you are willing to take her and you are willing to pay for a full set of protective gear (and will be sensible) I can't see what the problem is. I'd try get your daughter to talk to her mother, see if she can persuade her a bit better?
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:58 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd try get your daughter to talk to her mother, see if she can persuade her a bit better?

yep another route to try...Ta

Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

yandy_yay
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 01 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:07 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL i didn't ask ! my Daughter is 15 our trip is 60-ish miles each way ! i just got her the kit one weekend and took her home on the bike, and have picked her up on it most times since Smile

Andy
____________________
past bikes: (20 years ago) cg-125 (wriiten off), C-50 (thrashed n' finnaly scrapped), CZ-125 (nicked - never recovered, insurance payout was more than i paid for it !!!)
Current bikes: GN 125(now sold), Divvy 600s.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kitty kat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:15 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem, but with my husband. Kids lived with me, I had a bike, he wasn't happy about me taking them out on it. I bought the correct gear for them and took each of them on it as soon as they were tall enough to touch the pegs. The kids told their dad that it was their choice to ride pillion, I never forced them. Eventually he came round to my way of thinking and saw that they were made up to each have time with me on their own.
I find that I ride a lot more carefully with such precious cargo on the bike than when I am solo.
____________________
Enjoy everyday, tell those you love everyday you love them
Life is too short to fall out with people
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yandy_yay
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 01 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:28 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitty kat wrote:

I find that I ride a lot more carefully with such precious cargo on the bike than when I am solo.


Yep, i totally agree.
____________________
past bikes: (20 years ago) cg-125 (wriiten off), C-50 (thrashed n' finnaly scrapped), CZ-125 (nicked - never recovered, insurance payout was more than i paid for it !!!)
Current bikes: GN 125(now sold), Divvy 600s.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

yandy_yay
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 01 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:01 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to throw a spanner in the works but....

i believe under the human right a minor of 13 years of age or over has the right to make there own choices !

just thinking aloud

Andy
____________________
past bikes: (20 years ago) cg-125 (wriiten off), C-50 (thrashed n' finnaly scrapped), CZ-125 (nicked - never recovered, insurance payout was more than i paid for it !!!)
Current bikes: GN 125(now sold), Divvy 600s.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how well it would work in practice, but surely you can give her the choice;

Either I pick her up on the bike, or you personally drop her off and pick her up. I can't afford taxis, especially when I have a perfectly safe means of transport.

I'm sure she'd get very bored of that very quickly. Also, playing the indignant card of 'How dare you insinuate that I would risk the life of my child'.

Besides which, at 13 surely the daughter can argue her own case?
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:43 - 22 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
Not sure how well it would work in practice, but surely you can give her the choice;

Either I pick her up on the bike, or you personally drop her off and pick her up. I can't afford taxis, especially when I have a perfectly safe means of transport.

I'm sure she'd get very bored of that very quickly. Also, playing the indignant card of 'How dare you insinuate that I would risk the life of my child'.

Besides which, at 13 surely the daughter can argue her own case?


Tbh most 13 year old are bitch.es and cun.ts.
____________________
Hit the G spot. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 224 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 2.03 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 136.27 Kb