Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


If it was legal.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Lid Ya or nay
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 50 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 60

Author Message

Laura
Playboy Bunny



Joined: 28 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:13 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: If it was legal. Reply with quote

Just a thought if it was legal for you to not wear a lid would you not?

Personally I would I value my head.
____________________
Good girls ride motorcycles bad girls thrash them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:18 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 99% of the time, but not 100% of the time.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Panther
Nova Slayer



Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:33 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

having been hit in the mouth a number of times over the weekend by various sized insects as a concequence of a partially open visor I cannot imagine not wearing it, although in weather like the weekend and mid August last year the temptation would be great. Yeah it's inconveniant and a PITA but try wearing a piss pot without goggles in rain or a summer infested with insects and braving other flying objcts such as bits of grit thrown up by wheels.
____________________
Mike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:39 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would, head injuries are not a good thing. Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ninja
Caption Abuser



Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:26 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wholehearted yes - all the time. There's too much shit on the roads to think otherwise - how often have you heard that loud 'CRACK!' as a stone hits your lid after being thrown up by the traffic? Doesn't bear thinking about if that was to hit you in the face . . .
____________________
James
4 wheels transport the Body ... 2 wheels transport the SOUL
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sv_cath
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:31 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having been knocked off and bodysurfed on my front I've seen the damage tarmac did to the chin guard of my lid. I shudder to think the mess I'd of been in if I'd been wearing an open faced lid or not worn one at all...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:34 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

sv_cath wrote:
Having been knocked off and bodysurfed on my front I've seen the damage tarmac did to the chin guard of my lid.


I 2nd that! To this day I still have the huge scrape down the front of my helmet/visor. A constant reminder that the things save lives and looks!
____________________
Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mattastic
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 03 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:44 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd still always wear one, a wasp hit my visor yesterday whilst doing a mighty 50mph, that would have made a mess of my face!
____________________
Too skint to buy a bike Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:31 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

after seeing my mates helmet after falling off at 25mph
fuk not wearing one
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:31 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still own a helmet, but for a lot of my riding I wouldn't wear it. Certainly not for very low mileage, relaxed pottering around.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:15 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having hit a wall face first at 30mph, seeing what it done to my face/helmet then I'll always wear a helmet. Never will ride without a helmet on the roads/or anywhere at speed under any circumstances

(only time I wold ride with no helmet is for instance at donnington last year, from the entrance to the bike park but that was 5mph on grass/gravel with no traffic as such, but then you could still fall off and hit your head I guess)
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes


Last edited by Sparks! on 14:53 - 17 May 2004; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino



Joined: 31 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:48 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bloody would, even a 20mph bin woudl cause a good bit of damage
____________________
Back on a Blade. Just feels so right.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore



Joined: 03 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:50 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd stick to wearing my lid.
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:51 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would always wear my helmet, even my lid sometimes! Wink

Anyone see the picture of Harley boy?? Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bikerbabe
Nova Slayer



Joined: 13 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:50 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% Yes I value my head. I can't have anymore head injuries. We went out the other day and come back all bugged.
____________________
sexy babe, i think not!!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien




Joined: 25 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:51 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as kieth, 99% of the time i'd wear a lid.
____________________
02 Firestorm.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M1ke
Ped Boi



Joined: 11 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:37 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bat hit my helmet last night and did make a bloody loud noise, Scratches my visor and splattered blood all over the front of it.

If I hadn't had a helmet on, I'm pretty sure I would have a very big bruise where it would have hit me Razz

So I would wear a helmet if I had one available to wear. Anything over 50MPH gets unbarable without a helmet on anyway (I rented a scooter in spain and had no helmet!)


Last edited by M1ke on 16:40 - 17 May 2004; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:54 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow was it a full face helmet that hit your helmet or was it a open faced helmet that hit your helmet? Wink
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M1ke
Ped Boi



Joined: 11 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:40 - 17 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a full face helmet. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fazed
Korn is my hero!



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:26 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

99% of the time I would wear a lid , only time i don't is when moving the bike into the garage etc , and to be honest i don't fancy flies going splat on my face at 70mph (I don't break the speed limit officer) Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ant
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Feb 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:31 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory yes i would but if there was a choice then i'd possibly go out now and again without!

but saying that my dad had his close shaves when 'popping' down the road without his lid on!
____________________
04 ZX10R ~
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

1cyl
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:38 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i was on a nice sluggish Harley, not going to fast, and in a country where there weren't cars, the i probably wouldn't bother.
Otherwise yup.
____________________
Chase my Witch up, Catch my Snitch up.
The SMC | The Pit | Stable
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dusty
King of the Rim



Joined: 25 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like wearing a lid, becoming a sikh is always and option, then you can get away with just a turban. Not sure if this applies to bikes of any capacity though? Confused
____________________
Gallery
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mrchips
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:04 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I wasn't doing 150 and it was good weather I might take a trip out without one, but it keeps you warm and keeps you from flies other times apart from anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:12 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes all the time, I've seen photo's of a fella who crashed a bike with no lid on www.rotten.com and it's not pretty. (His brain is next to his head). Plus bugs n' sh1t will hurt at speed.

Think I'd be too scared not too. I've ridden with no lid down the road and back after tightening my chain and I don't like it!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 141 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.39 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 126.32 Kb