|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 01:37 - 02 Mar 2009 Post subject: My misadventures |
 |
|
Mention bout this stuff in another thread so thought I'd post the rest.
Since 14th december I've had the enjoyment of being in psyciatric hospitals. Day before that I took a kinda big overdose which ended taken by paramedic with blue lights and sirens all the way. Kinda all goes blank then, dont really know what happened other than someone took my clothes, I must still have been with it then enough to put up an arguement to stop them cutting them off.
And it starts again the next day on some high dependancy unit feeling really dizzy and high. Wanting to go to the toilet was when I found I was very 'drnk' from the tablets, 1 a day tablets that I took 170 of. Felt like shit and was told I'd being discharged in the afternoon after being seen by some psyciatrist. Who saw me and decided I had to go to a psyciatric hospital or I'd be sectioned and made to go there, so I went without being sectioned. Got taken there, still feeling drunk, now able to walk in a drunken stagger.
Got there and it seemed very normal, no straight jackets to be seen and the other patients seemed normal enough. very meh, had an ECG done which was done several times cos the tablets had messed with stuff. Gave a urine sample for a drugs test, my own fault cos I'd admitted that I smoke cannabis. Went to bed hoping everything would be less shitty tomorrow.
First day, room with nothing to do so I decide to tear up some leaflet and tightly roll it up to try and open the windows which ha the handles taken off but I thought the paper might give enough leaverage. Not trying to escape and I could see there were stops meaning the windows wouldn't open much. No joy, only difference was a growing number of faces at the door window trying to work out what I was doing, I left them to it and tried the window some more, then gave up. Then told the people outside my door that I was bored rather than trying to escape cos I could see the windows wouldnt open far.
Saw the doc that day, who amongst other things gave me the drugs test results... clear positive for cannabis (no surprise), clear positive for valium and speed (errr wtf) and negative for opiates (no surprise). There was no room for discussion about the results being wrong, they were right, they wanted to know about me taking valium and speed which I hadn't. Much arguements, few text messages later and I've worked out the speed must have been from some party I went to 3 weeks ago, no idea about the valium. Talking with family they told me I was given valium in the hospital to stop seizures and I'd also been given codine, an opiate, so that should have tested positive for opiates, they fucked the test up. Wont admit the test was done wrongly. meh, wankers.
A month of not much, nothing had changed, thier drugs didnt seem to do anything; sertraline an anti-depressant and ozanzapine an anti-psycotic. So I decided to leave, only the staff weren't having it so sectioned me. Saw the doctors, ward staff, and some social worker who put me on a section 3 which lasts for 6 months. meh
Another month of not much, they start letting me out for day leave with family, then overnight leave. Second overnight leave didn't go well, hospital was wanting me to return and I didn't want to. So they sent a police van with three coppees to arrest me. meh
Not long after that I made an attempt there to kill myself and another attempt a couple of days later. They then decided to move me to a secure hospital where I'd have no chance of doing anything bad. Everything even slightly dsngeroud was taken off me... had to ask for my shower gel and deodrant, not allowed to have them in my room incase I tried to drink them. Oh yeah, they also took the small piece of red string for my powerball. arseholes, I was wearing a belt and they didnt ask for that or my shoe laces, just the tiny piece of red string. meh
Spent 2 weeks there, am now in the normal psyciatric ward nextdoor to the secure one.Hopefully tomorrow I'm being moved back to the hospital I was moved from, and if things go well I reckon I've got a month left to go. They've taken me off the anti-psycotic so that must mean things are going well.
Tomorrow I'll write some of the amusing happenings in these hospitals, late and I should probably go to bed. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 02:44 - 02 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
FFS Ste! I have no idea which emoticon to insert here.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paddy Blake |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paddy Blake World Chat Champion
Joined: 29 Jun 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Im-a-Ridah |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Im-a-Ridah World Chat Champion
Joined: 20 Oct 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tonka |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tonka World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:25 - 02 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Goodness, I really do feel for you and hope that you can get yourself out of there and back home all safe and sound as quick as you can  ____________________ 'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 09:36 - 02 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ste
A brick would've opened the window easily!
Good to hear you're somewhere near being let out a bit, also, the amusing stuff, just wondering, is anyone there so mental they ate a polystyrene pizza base? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:43 - 02 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Bricks tend not to be available in hospitals and I was seeing if I could manage to open it cos I was bored rather than trying to escape.
shit eaters rather than polystyrene base eaters  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mr.Everready |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mr.Everready World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:47 - 02 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ste, hope everything works out fine.  ____________________ the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Skudd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Skudd Super Spammer

Joined: 01 Oct 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:50 - 02 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sorry to hear about this shite time your going through. I have never been in your situation I have been on the other end and seen it happen either from my previous job or my own brother who tried to kill himself and ended up in a room with a window on suicide watch. Whatever they gave him actually started off epiletic fits, he didnt have them before he went in and during his stay took a grand mal seizure and knocked all his teeth out from the force he hit a filling cabinate with in the nurses office. He is not right since though on tablets forever. He thought I was a ghost when I visited him.
I dont mean that will happen to you just relaying what happened to him.
I do feel for you and glad you can get on a computer and talk to us. Take care  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:53 - 02 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Ste wrote: | Hetzer, if someones 'gets off' then after that they wouldn't be thinking anything, once dead thats it, game over, nothing more ever.
At the time yes things really that bad. You're aware that I have brain damage but you're not aware of any real details, very few people are and fyi the overdose wasn't because of brain damage stuff, it was to do with various other stuff which you also don't know details of.
So whilst your post was posted with good intentions please don't think you know about things which in reality you don't really know anything about. |
I had a shotgun in my mouth once. And on another occasion I had laces in my boots and bars above me, consideration was seriously given. At those two points there really was no more hope, from the perspective at those moments.
But after that life went on and perspectives changed. As they always do. I've had so much joy (and misery) since then. The sweet is never so sweet without the bitter.
And you're entirely wrong, there is plenty after you're 'dead'. Such that you'd think "Damn, death comes soon enough, why did I jip myself out of the ride way too early?"
Well, if you've got terminal cancer and are in excrutiating pain...or paralysed from the neck down...reason enough, by anyone's standard. Everyone has their own line in the sand. But I once had mine. Twice actually. And carried on, somehow, and very glad I did.
Your mileage will vary.
Don't kid yourself that your circumstances are "extra special", and nobody else can understand. Shit is shit, whatever colour or flavour. I don't need to know the intimate details of yours to know where you're coming from, just the fact you tried is knowledge enough.
Here's a tip then, for what it's worth...you've already reached ground-zero. So accept that but determine to suffer the misery for just one more year. Put your life, your experience, on a timer. "Life, you've got exactly one more year to get good, then it's my way or the highway."
Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around. Keep giving yourself those minutes, death comes quick enough without kicking it up the arse. ____________________ "There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jack_zxr400 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jack_zxr400 World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Jul 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:09 - 02 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
ste i cant begin to understand or pretend to try, but there will always be people that you will hurt by hurting yourself, your never alone (theres even us on here that care )
i have always thought that suicide is both something thats requires a lot of will power to do.. to actually kill yourself but also requires a very weak and sad person to do so.. like your not strong enough to carry on living and feel killing yourself if the answer.. its almost like an easy option.
sorry, dont want you to feel like im lecturing you or telling you what you should do  ____________________ Previous Bike: ZXR 400
Current Bike: R6
Test Date: 8/8/2008-PASSED
Last edited by jack_zxr400 on 15:32 - 02 Mar 2009; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:54 - 02 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
They've not let me on a computer, I'm on my phone typing slowly using an onscreen keyboard
Some of the drugs they use are really strong, first week on the anti-psycotic really knocked me out, take the tablets then sleep for several hours.
Oh yeah its a very selfish and weak minded thing to do but I've learnt that from it now and will never try anything like it again.
Being in suicide watch is crap. There three levels of obs, either one-on-one which is where staff are with you 24/7, 10 minute obs where they check you every 10mins, or hourly obs where you're checked hourly. 1-on-1 obs is suicide watch and you can't go anywhere without being watched, eating, sleeping, showering, shitting, everything. Figured its probably worse for the person watching rather than the person being watched.
Another reason to never try it again is fear of ending up in these places. First place was alright apart from a couple of annoying people like a bloke who spent all day singing and shouting which really does your head in. Secure place only had one genuinely crazy persom, some old bloke who pissed and shat on the bathroom floor and in his room as well as spending time screaming loudly as well as walking round saying "did you shit or did you piss" over and over again which gets boring after the first hour or so. This place I'm in now isnt too bad other than a couple of old people who smell of wee cos they keep pissing themselves, like one did when having lunch today. Schizophrenis people are pretty harmless, they wander around sometimes having episodes of shouting at people who arent there. old lady in the room opposite me has just pissed her bed and is shouting for someone to change her bed.
Hopefully being moved in a couple of hours back to the first place which is closer to home snd where my consultant is based so day leave and overnight leaves will then start happening.
Meh, hopefully about a month to go til they take me off the section and let me home so I can get on with life and the things I want to be doing.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:10 - 02 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sometimes its an entertaining place, I had great conversation in the ward my brother was on in the smoke room. Meet some nice people there.
Have they chucked the clorapromazine at you? Took one once for panic attacks I had and ended up freaking out more!
Are you and Nina still together ? sorry if thats personal question you dont have to answer. just though be nice to have someone psycailly visit.
ps cant believe someone red rated a post in here that was someone trying to be helpful.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tutton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tutton World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 5v3d3b0 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 5v3d3b0 World Chat Champion
Joined: 24 Sep 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Robby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Robby Dirty Old Man

Joined: 16 May 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:16 - 02 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Lamotrigine, yes it really fucked me up taking that many.
Am already doing pushups and situps, something to pass the time.
Who's nina?
Didnt get moved today cos there are no beds at the other places. They're letting me out for an hour twice a day now and I'm being allowed home for Wednesday night. This afternoon I didn't go to the pub.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:40 - 02 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
God, and we laughed when people said shock sites could be damaging if overexposed. Goatse has a lot to answer for  ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:00 - 02 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ste has the overdoes messed up your liver at all?
Shell was working on a liver unit at ITU recently and a girl of 18 came in after taking 140 paracetemols, she went into multiple organ failure and subsequently died. So from my non-medical standpoint you were very lucky. Nice to know you are not dead mind.
Hope everything sorts out for you in the near future.  ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Suitor_Stu |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Suitor_Stu Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 19 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:18 - 02 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Jon B wrote: | Ste has the overdoes messed up your liver at all?
Shell was working on a liver unit at ITU recently and a girl of 18 came in after taking 140 paracetemols, she went into multiple organ failure and subsequently died. So from my non-medical standpoint you were very lucky. Nice to know you are not dead mind.
Hope everything sorts out for you in the near future.  |
To be fair, you'd probably be surprised at how few paracetamol tablets can cause a fatal overdose! You should be very careful about taking medication which you think may contain it too - quoting from the BNF;
| Quote: | Single or repeated doses totalling as little as 10–15 g (20–30 tablets) or 150 mg/kg of paracetamol taken within 24 hours may cause severe hepatocellular necrosis and, much less frequently, renal tubular necrosis. Patients at high-risk of liver damage, including those taking enzyme-inducing drugs or who are malnourished (see below), may develop liver toxicity with as little as 75 mg/kg of paracetamol (equivalent to approx. 5 g (10 tablets) in a 70-kg patient) taken within 24 hours. Nausea and vomiting, the only early features of poisoning, usually settle within 24 hours. Persistence beyond this time, often associated with the onset of right subcostal pain and tenderness, usually indicates development of hepatic necrosis. Liver damage is maximal 3–4 days after ingestion and may lead to encephalopathy, haemorrhage, hypoglycaemia, cerebral oedema, and death. |
Now when you bear in mind that if you are ill and taking paracetamol and ibuprofen for pain relief and you take a couple of lemsips too then you could be getting very close to trouble. Then you gotta factor in any medications the patient is already taking which may contain paracetamol (eg co-codamol) and the fact that the true damage won't show for days and you've got a major problem.
Back on topic though, hope things start to look up for you Ste. You seem to be keeping your perspective (for the most part ) given the situation so that's a good start!
Cheers, Stu |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 216 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|