Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


My nice clean License - Tarnished! Boo Hoo :(

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Rob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:57 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: My nice clean License - Tarnished! Boo Hoo :( Reply with quote

Bugger!

Damn unmarked police cars.

And before anyone asks, no it wasn't for speeding...!

3 points and a £60 fine.

Bugger! :(
____________________
Love is 1050cc Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien




Joined: 25 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:59 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what was it for?
____________________
02 Firestorm.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:59 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky dude! Confused

What for?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser



Joined: 20 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:00 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky Sad, cross a solid white line by any chance?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

monkeyman
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:07 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riding naked?
____________________
Im not the best, but im in the top one
RM 250, Husky TE610, K1 GSXR 750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:18 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was riding along the A23 up into Central London, which I do everyday. One of the junctions I ride up to has a bus lane on the left and two lanes of traffic to the right of it as usual.

The two normal lanes had traffic in them queued up to the lights which were on green. The bus lane was free so I decided to use that to filter past the stationary traffic (which I am allowed to do as that route allows bikes to use bus lanes).

So anyway, for some BIZARRE reason the bus lane has it's own set of traffic lights, which were on red, as I pass them there was an unmarked police car in the queue and hey bingo he pulls me for jumping a red light, even though the main lights were on green! Crying or Very sad

As he said, I was perfectly within my rights to use the bus lane, but if I did, I have to obey the bus lane traffic lights. If I had been two foot to the right and not actually in the bus lane I would have been perfectly fine! Grrrrrrr.

Ah well, nowt I can do as 'technically' I passed a red light, but it wasn't as if I jumped the red when traffic from my direction was stopped at a red too. Traffic from all other roads leading to the junction were stopped at red lights! Anyway, they showed me the nice video they had filmed of me doing it!! I doubt it will make it to Police Camera Action though!!!

They did cheer me up by saying that they had just disqualified a scooter rider so the day wasn't all bad!!! Wink Wink Laughing Laughing
____________________
Love is 1050cc Smile


Last edited by Rob on 22:21 - 18 May 2004; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:20 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes All they had to do was slap your wrist and explain the rule about the bus lane lights! W*nkers.

Nothing better to do.


Last edited by Flip on 22:45 - 18 May 2004; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JimboJ
Manc Pikey



Joined: 23 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:23 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could they not show some discretion(sp?) and let you off it? I'm sure now you're aware that you can't you won't again. That sort of thing annoys me.

James
____________________
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:24 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimboJ wrote:
Could they not show some discretion(sp?) and let you off it? I'm sure now you're aware that you can't you won't again. That sort of thing annoys me.

James


Yeah, they even said they could see why I did it! Grr

But when it comes to it I did jump a red light and I guess they wanted to make me pay for that! Oh well! Crying or Very sad
____________________
Love is 1050cc Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phil.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:31 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a copper or two. It will mean a tick in the box for them.

They have to do certain things through out the course of a period of time. So bet most of em don't give a shit. Get it out of the way anyway they can.

My mate normally goes down wilslow road and slap tickets on all the illigally parked cars.

Harsh though Rob. I do the same when ever i am on my way to uni.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore



Joined: 03 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:59 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at a potential (if i got caught) 3 points and £60'er too Confused . Was filtering, traffic was backed up all the way across a junction, and I sailed between two lines of cars, crossing the junction not realising that although the junction was backed up solid, I had actually filtered right through a red light, in full view of whoever i just overtook Embarassed Confused .
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Milo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:08 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiveways can be a tricky area to navigate. Sorry to hear about it mate. It's nothing compared to the ride home on sunday, which must be annoying for such a petty thing (though technically incorrect) Sad

Ads
____________________
Shaft drives rule. Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nsr125.98
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:22 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see an unmarked police car that had pulled over a nova the other day Razz they were checking under th bonnet!
Bad luck with the fine and points Thumbs Down
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 18 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milo wrote:
It's nothing compared to the ride home on sunday


Gissa call if yer feeling bored anytime and will go out for another razz about...

I wanna try those starts again!! Wink Laughing
____________________
Love is 1050cc Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Milo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:50 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, me too mate! Shifty
I'd also like to check the accuracy of my speedo with yours, so a quick hop on the M23>M25 and off at Caterham is always nice and easy for high speed runs.
Used to use lion green car park on the NSR's for having a laff...but I think my bike's outgrown it a little now!
____________________
Shaft drives rule. Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ninja
Caption Abuser



Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:02 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discretion is where an actual living breathing cop can make the difference between a reasonable judgement call and simply blindly applying the letter of the law. The latter only adds to the negative position they find themselves in, in the eyes of the public.
____________________
James
4 wheels transport the Body ... 2 wheels transport the SOUL
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Major_Grooves
The Doctor



Joined: 10 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:47 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugger getting three points for a technicality! Much better to get it for speeding! Wink
____________________
About me|@Major_Grooves|My company|Digg|Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School



Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:32 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky Rob, I got my 3 points on a minor technicality too. Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino



Joined: 31 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:36 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky mate, though I can see where they're coming from. If any of the cars in the queue had wanted to go downthe same road as you you'da been fooked.
But a fine AND points is just wank Sad
____________________
Back on a Blade. Just feels so right.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:31 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwww Robbypoos!

Most unlucky. At least you're old enough for the points to not affect your insurance too much.



Nice drawing by the way Wink
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:20 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
Nice drawing by the way Wink


LOL, great innit!

What wonderful art you can create from a touchpad on a laptop!!
____________________
Love is 1050cc Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:56 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsr125.98 wrote:
I see an unmarked police car that had pulled over a nova the other day Razz they were checking under th bonnet!
Bad luck with the fine and points Thumbs Down


Thats only to check to see if it's a GSi engine like the stickers on the rear window says Laughing

Mark
____________________
Past: Honda NSR125R >> Kawasaki ER-5a2 >> Kawasaki ZZR-600e1 >> Suzuki GSXR-750Y >> Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm
"Chickity China the Chinese Chicken..."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ian (GPX)
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 05 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:31 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is this junction Rob ?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Slavo
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 07 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:09 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news mate Sad

Got my points for TS10 Contravened red light too back in December 2000. Just 13 days after passing my test (car). I was a silly 17 year old boy then and it really hit me hard. Learnt my lesson (not suggesting you have a lesson to be learnt) and drive / ride normally now.

But as it was when I was 17, insurance has crippled me and have still got 18 months to go before I no longer have to declare them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Milo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:21 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian (GPZ400R) wrote:
Where is this junction Rob ?

I think it's fiveways, down the Purley Way (A23) next to the shell garage where the roads to Wallington, Croydon, Purley and London intersect. Could be very wrong though!

Ads
____________________
Shaft drives rule. Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 138 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.25 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 129.05 Kb